Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #91
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Is that a hearse?
Sadly for me I had to use about a coffee mug of filler, I just could not get the main crease out, tried the plastic dentb puller fittings oldel lent me, but glue dident hold.
But it has its imperfections, the primer sufacer I used was dazzling in its very light grey nearly white colour.
That photo was taken in the shade, nowhere near perfect, but looks better than it was, but painting can wait, it's left me totally knackered and sore, but worth it.
Thank you for everyone's input, especially oldel.....
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2021, 08:37 PM   #92
slowsnake
Banned

Spent an hour today just dry rubbing the primer, made a flexible rubbing board with 180 grit glued to it, found the high points, then primer again, out in the sun to dry, put light coat (20 thou) of stop putty which can dry and shrink for a few days, we have had a brilliant sunny day, ya gotta take advantage of the sun when you have achy bones and joints, and the vitamin D which has been missing in Perth recent months because of rain, yes not just the east coast, the west cops it too!......

5 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2021, 11:26 PM   #93
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great job SS, especially for a 1 armed bandit, you've done well.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #94
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Great job SS, especially for a 1 armed bandit, you've done well.
Thanks mate, well worth the effort and the pain, I had an ulterior motive for doing this myself, and I could of just left it, been like that for 10 years or so, but I really wanted to show folks that with a lot of effort, and pacing myself, that I don't end up posting in the depression thread, and I am a gossamer thread from crossing that "sanity line" and it is that close, with all of us, a simple change in our circumstances is all it takes, but I put my negative thoughts and energy to positive use, I force myself to " pull my socks up " or end up sitting here feeling sorry for myself, wacking steel with a hammer is a very therapeutic exercise, it takes your mind off the negative stuff that creeps into your head sometimes, too easy to slide down and not keep on an even keel!....
5 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 06:27 PM   #95
slowsnake
Banned

Round 2, ding ding, rubbed back first time, needs a little more stop putty on new primer surfaces coat, so dry overnight, rub back again then some 400 wet n dry over old paint to get old clear coat off, respray repaired section only, then 2 coats acrylic clear, that's it.
Old 15-11-2021, 07:19 PM   #96
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

You should spray the whole bonnet edge to edge, otherwise youll pick where you try to blend it

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #97
slowsnake
Banned

Well best I can do under the circumstances, paint dident match?
But looks a little better, thanks for all your help, in particular oldel who drove to my place to drop off his dent puller, which I have to get back to him....

3 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #98
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks a whole lot better than all dented up.
Old 23-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #99
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Looks a whole lot better than all dented up.
Sure does Jaydee, but am still paying for it (physically) knocked me around without realising it, lol, but I got it done, plus oil change, and oil change and filter on my sexy neighbours Getz, but that's it now, new battery, alternator and engine oil, changed auto trans fluid so not much to do, probably front brake pads next, and as for that black oil stain, found the place to buy pavers, so I will replace em, $1.50 each, should of done that sooner, would of been cheaper that way!......

PS...Redone headlights, plus acrylic clear coat, but had to araldite the broken plastic chrome front bonnet strip, but I'm happy with result!

Last edited by slowsnake; 23-11-2021 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Add PS.
2 users like this post: