Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2023, 07:18 PM   #6691
Timzanotti
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,
I have a 2016 Ranger Wildtrak. I have had error code P2099 showing up. The car goes into limp mode and on closer inspection noticed that there is a split in the intercooler hose (cold side I think). I'm hoping this is the cause. I figure I may as well replace both hoses but have to get them mailed as I live in a remote community. Any recommendations or links to places that will mail parts most appreciated. Also there was a fair bit of oil in the hose when I removed it. Is that normal? I also have a torquit engine booster. Are these things any good?
Cheers

Last edited by Timzanotti; 01-05-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Timzanotti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2023, 01:32 AM   #6692
Dusty77
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Thanks for having me - I'm fairly new to being a Ford affectionado - I was won over by the AU I got as my son's first car and now have an AU manual of my own - got very exited I must say when that one came on Gumtree as they're pretty few and far between - and I was lucky enough to pick it up (with less than 100k on the clock too!) Must say I prefer a straight 6 over the V just for simplicity sake so I was being pulled in the Ford direction anyway - plus long bonnets on big cars are the last vestiges of true civilisation so what's not to love . Ended up getting my daughter a FG when she got her license and I'm having to sort out a few issues there - hence I've taken the plunge into Ford Forums. First up I think I'll need an OBD reader so I'd be grateful if someone had a pointer to some info as my search skills haven't been up to the task so far.
Cheers
Dusty7-7
Dusty77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2023, 09:23 AM   #6693
EL Ford
Starter Motor

Hey there
I'm driving an EL Ford Fairmont & have been repairing her since 2014 😆
EL Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2023, 09:30 AM   #6694
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty77 View Post
Hi All,
Thanks for having me - I'm fairly new to being a Ford affectionado - I was won over by the AU I got as my son's first car and now have an AU manual of my own - got very exited I must say when that one came on Gumtree as they're pretty few and far between - and I was lucky enough to pick it up (with less than 100k on the clock too!) Must say I prefer a straight 6 over the V just for simplicity sake so I was being pulled in the Ford direction anyway - plus long bonnets on big cars are the last vestiges of true civilisation so what's not to love . Ended up getting my daughter a FG when she got her license and I'm having to sort out a few issues there - hence I've taken the plunge into Ford Forums. First up I think I'll need an OBD reader so I'd be grateful if someone had a pointer to some info as my search skills haven't been up to the task so far.
Cheers
Dusty7-7
Hi Dusty and welcome to AFF.

Try entering 'OBD reader' in our search engine where it says 'Search by Keyword'. There's quite a few thread on the subject.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:18 PM   #6695
RodWatson
Starter Motor

Rod Watson , Ford Territory Titanium 2014 Black 2.7 Diesel 6 Speed Auto.
Just looking around , no problems at present apart from the mandatory error codes and Command screen glitches I have no troubles with it.
RodWatson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2023, 08:36 PM   #6696
Oatycalone
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Zd fairlane, 302 Roller from xr8 au2, full balanced, gt40p ported heads, 1:7 roller rocker, crow 621371c cam, 600 holley, edelbrock man, pacemaker headers, c4 2500+ hi stall , B&M shift kit. 3:55 diff..
Oatycalone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2023, 12:06 AM   #6697
stock1991
Limited supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatycalone View Post
Zd fairlane, 302 Roller from xr8 au2, full balanced, gt40p ported heads, 1:7 roller rocker, crow 621371c cam, 600 holley, edelbrock man, pacemaker headers, c4 2500+ hi stall , B&M shift kit. 3:55 diff..
ZD have the over /under headlights
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2023, 05:38 PM   #6698
AU2 XR6
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Long time browser for info but joining the clan. Hoping you learn more as I have learnt so much already here
AU2 XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2023, 12:15 PM   #6699
Fordaronic
Starter Motor

Hi All
I am here to get all sorts of information about Fords, thank you to all who have set up a marvellous site to give and receive information regarding the well being of our vehicles. Kindest regards to all
Fordaronic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2023, 09:35 PM   #6700
tapag736@gmail.com
Starter Motor

Hi all...after repainting my FG cab chassis I found reassembly of the doors a headache as I have forgotten where a couple of the rubber seals go..
Any diagrams concerning FG ute window door and windshield seals etc would be great 😃👍🏽
tapag736@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2023, 09:44 PM   #6701
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapag736@gmail.com View Post
Hi all...after repainting my FG cab chassis I found reassembly of the doors a headache as I have forgotten where a couple of the rubber seals go..
Any diagrams concerning FG ute window door and windshield seals etc would be great 😃👍🏽
Welcome to AFF tapag. Have you looked in the Tech Resources area?
Old 16-05-2023, 08:05 AM   #6702
CptClinac
Starter Motor

Hi,
Dave here. AKA Captain Clinac. Have SZ Territory 2011. Living in State #8 (NZ)
Moved from Nissan Safari (long wheelbase hightop - stolen) via Bighorn (exploded rather spectacularly) to Territory. By far the quietest and most comfortable. Lets hope "Fix Or Repair Daily" is only a joke. So far great tow car for my
CptClinac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2023, 11:29 AM   #6703
pravin.vala
Starter Motor

G'day members . Pravin here and new to the group and ford world.

I am planning to put a Barra into W108 Mercedes and am here to seek technical help and guidance from members who are experienced with engine swaps.

Looking forward to the learning journey with you all. Cheers
pravin.vala is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2023, 07:54 AM   #6704
KenJen
Starter Motor

Well, it's nice to have finally joined Australian Ford Forum!
I bought my first ever Ford as a 22 year old in 1972. I found it in the used car lot at Byrne Ford in Chermside, Brisbane. It was only 6 months old. I paid $3500 (a fortune for me at the time) and kept it for about 18 months. If only I had known that my XY Shaker GT would become one of the icons of Australian motoring!
Anyhow, after having had many more Fords over the years including my wife's 1988 Laser Ghia (115,000kms) which she bought new & refuses to sell even though she has since had many other cars, my tastes are now more modest.
I have an AU2 tray back ute which has been used (& abused) since new as work truck. It's nothing special but, as a hobby, I've decided to renovate it and make it a daily driver. Maybe one of my grandkids might enjoy it.
Importantly, I'm after a replacement interior (seats, console etc) so please let me know if you have any suggestions. I live in Brisbane north.
KenJen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2023, 05:54 PM   #6705
Lilly
Starter Motor

Hi to everyone on ford world, I’ve finally taken the plunge and joined the AUstralian ford forum😊. Have often thought about it, but being female was a bit hesitant. Have always been a ford owner non of those red flags for me blue all the way. My baby is a 2008 bf last run ever made. She’s giving me a bit of jip at the moment, I’m not getting any power to the exciter wire to the solenoid and she just won’t start. Does anyone have any ideas am pulling my hair out.
Cheers Lilly.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2023, 10:39 AM   #6706
Pablo96
Starter Motor

Hi all,

My name is Paul. I own a 2.2L 4x4 XL ranger. Overall very pleased with the ute, done a lot with it and it’s been a solid car that never lets me down.

One minor issue with the engine sometimes cuts out when it downshifts. Seeking some advice from people who have had the same issue.

Cheers!
Pablo96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2023, 04:16 PM   #6707
Helia
Starter Motor

Hi all,

I've just aquired a 2012 Territory and am hanging around to learn more. I am a single mum with two teens and a pre-teen who likes camping and I plan to tow a camper in future.

This is my first Ford and I am hopeing that with care, it'll be great.
Helia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2023, 03:46 PM   #6708
Friar
Starter Motor

Hey all, I've been a Ford man all my life with my first Ford a 1968 XT Falcon GT that I bought for $2,500 in 1974. The best car I ever had, wish I still had it now, especially now, with what they're worth. I guess you can't keep them all right? I've had a few other Fords over the years but none anywhere near as memorable.
Anyway, I've not long purchased a project truck.
A 1958 Ford F600 cab mounted on a 1974(I think?) F100 rolling chassis. A bit of work involved but I'm looking forward to it.
I'm hoping I'll be able to get some advice and tips and pass on the same as I move along with the restoration so thanks for having me and when I have some photos I'll see if I can post them up.
Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2023, 10:55 PM   #6709
Mirridong
Starter Motor

Hi all, I have decided to join the forum as it seems to be the best place to gain top advice on maintaining what I have just got myself into. My son and I like to be able to do our own vehicle maintenance and I let him talk me into a Falcon ute so we now have one each, he has a 2004 BA 6cyl RTV Tray Top and I have a 2007 BF 6 cyl RTV Tray Top.

They both go well and deserve some maintenance starting with their suspensions so may see you in the threads.

Cheers
Mirridong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2023, 03:05 PM   #6710
BAdavo
Starter Motor

Hi all, Dave here, in Canberra; have had a 2004 BA Fairmont Ghia since 2005. Hoping to get some useful advice about sundry things that go wrong with it from time to time. Current issue is random uncommanded movement of the power driver's seat.
BAdavo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2023, 05:53 PM   #6711
hugh04
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

just joined to try and get some help with my au. is my first car and i have no idea what I'm doing. I removed the lpg system it ran fine, after being away for 2 weeks it didn't even turn over. since then I have: changed fuel pump and filter, injectors, ecu from 12be to 12vc, spark plugs, leads, topped up on oil, brimmed the tank, had a guy out to redo my key, and was able to get it to turn over and after changing the fuel pump I could get it to start for less than 10 seconds until I changed the crank angle sensor and now I am back to it just turning over. imp having an auto sparky look at it soon but if anyone has any ideas that would be super help full. also coolant is low and really dirty but that wasn't a problem before.
also if anyone knows where else i should post this please let me know.

Last edited by hugh04; 30-05-2023 at 05:54 PM. Reason: forgot
hugh04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2023, 06:15 PM   #6712
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh04 View Post
just joined to try and get some help with my au. is my first car and i have no idea what I'm doing. I removed the lpg system it ran fine, after being away for 2 weeks it didn't even turn over. since then I have: changed fuel pump and filter, injectors, ecu from 12be to 12vc, spark plugs, leads, topped up on oil, brimmed the tank, had a guy out to redo my key, and was able to get it to turn over and after changing the fuel pump I could get it to start for less than 10 seconds until I changed the crank angle sensor and now I am back to it just turning over. imp having an auto sparky look at it soon but if anyone has any ideas that would be super help full. also coolant is low and really dirty but that wasn't a problem before.
also if anyone knows where else i should post this please let me know.
You'll find a few places if you look through the main index but either (not both please) The AU-BA section or the AU Falcon.com area.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 31-05-2023, 08:41 AM   #6713
MiMa
Starter Motor

Hi, my name is mirjana and I drive ford falcon fg xr6. Found lots of useful information on this website and thought to join.
MiMa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #6714
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Welcome to all the above recent new members nice to see joining the Aussie Ford owners family.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-05-2023, 11:04 PM   #6715
Lozza94
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Everyone, I actually joined for the sake of my partner who is not great with technology. He has a 2007 Manual BF Ford Falcon Ute with the tornado turbo Barra motor, dino tuned to 500 hp in the rear. It has been quite a journey with this car (his baby). We have recently come to a difficult situation where his mechanic lost a clip on his clutch while they were working on it and after numerous endless calls have found the part to be obsolete. I was hoping someone somewhere would know where I could get one, the part number is BA9W543A. I have scoured the internet and called wreckers from QLD to WA and I can't find it anywhere. Please Please Please someone answer my prayers and tell me somewhere I can find this part. I can't stand watching his car sit, he is gutted.
Lozza94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #6716
manly4eva
Starter Motor

Hi all Ron from Brisbane. I have a 1978 XC Sedan was a 250 now a rebuilt 302 Cleveland. With a kitted c4 auto and BW LSD diff. Daily is a 2009 Terry with a nice suspension clunk on the left hand side. 😆.
manly4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:12 PM   #6717
PtHldXK
Starter Motor

Morning all,
I live in Port Hedland, Nth West WA and each winter I bring my XK Falcon out to enjoy the cooler weather, unfortunately she has developed a surge / miss when cruising, high or low speed, occasionally backfires.
have changed plugs, leads, fuel filter, adjusted timing & points.
is running a lot better and not overheating but still a little hiccup now and then when accelerating.
am thinking I may need to overhaul carby.
where's a good place for spare parts?
cheers
Phil

PtHldXK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:28 PM   #6718
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtHldXK View Post
Morning all,
I live in Port Hedland, Nth West WA and each winter I bring my XK Falcon out to enjoy the cooler weather, unfortunately she has developed a surge / miss when cruising, high or low speed, occasionally backfires.
have changed plugs, leads, fuel filter, adjusted timing & points.
is running a lot better and not overheating but still a little hiccup now and then when accelerating.
am thinking I may need to overhaul carby.
where's a good place for spare parts?
cheers
Phil

Hi Phil and welcome to AFF.

You may be better asking this in the Classic section.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=28
Old 12-06-2023, 01:09 PM   #6719
joemag
Starter Motor

Hi Its joe from doncaster east Have just brought a 2002 laser sr2 hatch for the wife looking at improving headlights with leds but now the blue dash hibeam light does not work has anyone had similar problem

Thanks Joe
joemag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 11:24 AM   #6720
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone.

New here and although I have been on the site before this is my First post. Older than most of You so go easy. Please.

What brings me here Today is that my Grand Son has bought a 1999 A.U. sedan for his first car, after taking driving lesson in my B.F. 11 Wagon he decided that he likes Big cars and I am happy that he is comfortable in one this size.

I am here today looking for a drivers seat belt for his new car, I have posted a request on the Parts page.

Anywho just wanted to say Hello, I will get Apollo to join the Forum as well so that he car chase his own parts in the future.

Kind Regards to All.

David.
Manly Q. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post