Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2023, 10:22 PM   #5251
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Hobart...and spotting a hertz Gt500 in black and gold driving up Elizabeth st cbd, had a brief thought maybe Tex was back into cars....and it sounded amazing...to slow on the camera so found a stock image

Last edited by five 7; 10-03-2023 at 10:33 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2023, 07:21 PM   #5252
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to say Hobart again, it has a charisma , the old buildings town layout the people, just the buzz around town, we were out last night and had a ball just walking around taking it in. Loved the waterfront area, the whole place didn't have the the on edge dangerous vibe that unfortunately I've become used to in Auckland.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2023, 01:41 PM   #5253
.:4:.
Kicking back

So yesterday morning my brother did me the favour of picking up the rad hose to fix my car. He couldnt stick around too long as he had to work that arvo. Its a 1 person job anyways, but still i appreciated that he did me the favour. Its very much for every 10 favours i do for him, i get one in return. But not the point. You cannot drive a car with a split rad hose.
Later he calls me as he wants to get a dolly to move around the brand used engine he has to replace the grenaded one in one of his bikes. He said the internet says the dolly he is after is in stock at the mitre 10 around the corner from me. Well, i didn't think there was, but the internet says there is and the address i drive past every other day. Its the timber yard. So i goes there and yeah there is a shop. So i go in and ask the bloke at the counter. He wasnt rude at all, but said the only reason the i ternet says they stock stuff is if you order pickup from the internet they'll get it in from an actual mitre 10 hardware store in 7 to 10 days, they're a timber yard. So fair call. I decided to have a poke about at what they stock anyways. Mainly straps and chains, stuff to secure a load of timber which makes sense. But something glistened and caught the corner of my eye. Yes it is something i have, but you cannot find them anywhere. Oldschool thing but you cannot get them out of level. Yep, the packaging was mega dusty, but i got myself another plumb bob. Under the glisten of the bobs was a fluoro shine. So grabbed another roll of builders string.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-03-2023, 02:29 PM   #5254
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Oldschool thing but you cannot get them out of level. Yep, the packaging was mega dusty, but i got myself another plumb bob. Under the glisten of the bobs was a fluoro shine. So grabbed another roll of builders string.
Can you build me a wall with a 6 deg batter mate !

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2023, 03:44 PM   #5255
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Can you build me a wall with a 6 deg batter mate !
Im sure with a measuring tape and some maths its possible. Bob will give the 90° vertical. Measure and then string never lies.
I just like bob for indoor work. As in doing a row of downlights. Mark the 1st and last on the floor. Bob them and mark the ceiling. Put a screw in the 1st and last marks, run a sting between them, measure and mark the rest between the 1st and last. Saves 2 problems with using lazers. If a lazer gets bumped then its round 2 of setting that up, and also ohs says you cannot use lazers in public spaces. Oh, im also yet to have a plumbob run out of batteries. Same with a roll of string for that matter.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2023, 04:04 PM   #5256
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:.
Oh, im also yet to have a plumbob run out of batteries. Same with a roll of string for that matter.
True, but I often find my level is flat.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #5257
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Dude, have you ever worked with that one bloke who has dropped his level a few too many times but never did the check it one way and the other? So all his work is cockeyed as the level is out? Its not hard to check a spirit level. If its out, then its also not hard to get a new one.
Old 15-03-2023, 04:14 PM   #5258
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I believe that fellow and his brothers are all still laying bricks for the Chinese “developers”.

With the same level.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2023, 04:37 PM   #5259
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I believe that fellow and his brothers are all still laying bricks for the Chinese “developers”.

With the same level.
I could use that level to build that 6 deg batter.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2023, 04:59 PM   #5260
Kicking back

Quote:

With the same level.
So 13 guys on 1 site, one level, dropped 1000 times yet no one owns up to it. Same as stodgey work, no one owns up to it when theres multiple people. Gotta love that.
One way i used to stamp out the pack mentality running the electrical side of things was each person under me had their own colour electrical tape. So one bloke had black, one bloke had blue, one bloke had red, one bloke had white and I'd take the earth tape. So when running cables, it was easy to tell who ran them too short or too long. Best part about that was nobody shared their colour of tape as to not be stitched up. I dont think thats a scum management move from me at all, as i also participated in the same program. It just a way to get people away from the pack mentality of poor work that they will not get blamed for and brings in a bit of honesty and good workmanship.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2023, 12:41 AM   #5261
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2023, 07:34 AM   #5262
HIPO
Al

My "Micro Manager" away on holidays for 9 days..... Pheeew! Ahhhh!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2023, 05:09 PM   #5263
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Well it's not really a Feel Good post but the outcome eventually may well be?

My Stinger as it turns out is a Dec 30 build, i ordered and paid for a 2023 build.

My contract for this Beautiful Black with Red leather has been cancelled as of 3pm this arvo, alternatively i have had it confirmed Tribute build No351 will be built for the RH Drive market so she will be mine, i'm just not sure how far into 2024 that will be tho'

Have a great weekend... Peace
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2023, 08:15 PM   #5264
dreew
Starter Motor

Having a punt
dreew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #5265
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreew View Post
Having a punt
I think I've mentioned this before but anymore spam posts and you're on a permanent holiday.
Old 20-03-2023, 09:52 PM   #5266
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Sergio Perez won!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2023, 03:06 PM   #5267
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

My Salesman sweetening the deal to make sure i take ownership of this thing i keep crapping on about.

Next wednesday if it is finally/actually in my garage i will take a pic.

Until then i will shut up about it... it has caused me nothing but anxiety these past few weeks especially with all the current changes going on in my personal life.

It has been hard keeping all that inside my head and out of this place trust me, but so far so good i'm doing alright...

Peace
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #5268
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

While waiting for my chance to “Vote 1: Recycled Hollow Promises Party” at a local church hall today I observed a beautiful, mature and healthy frangipani with red-fringed cream petals in their garden. It was definitely the highlight of this occasion, and something I’d be happy with in my own yard.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2023, 02:41 PM   #5269
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thought you were talking about my daughter
Old 24-03-2023, 03:26 PM   #5270
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Im struggling with diverticulitis again and the medication knocks me about.
But it felt good to get to work without any um...issues. Almost 3/4s through the day now with no embarrassing situations
Looking forward to the weekend for a rest up.
At this point these are all big wins.

Oh and I can hear sweet sounds from Adel Motosport Festival.....why dont they allow Friday access?! Seems like missed opportunity
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2023, 03:36 PM   #5271
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That’s no good, I can remember the sword hanging over your head from a while back. Hopefully the medicine does its thing, and quickly.

And Tonz, I’m not sure why I would want your daughter in my yard. She’s probably just like you. :p
5 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2023, 03:48 PM   #5272
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
That’s no good, I can remember the sword hanging over your head from a while back. Hopefully the medicine does its thing, and quickly.

And Tonz, I’m not sure why I would want your daughter in my yard. She’s probably just like you. :p
HAHA ba boom, that post made me feel good too funny.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2023, 05:18 PM   #5273
Kicking back

Fixed the cause of a pesky dash light today. It had only come up a few days back. Yeah its a common issue with all cars. My bf hit the run in early last november. So 200k. Since then its the second time ive had to fill the tank. Its currently at 200864km. Yep, i pile the kays on...
Anyhow, drove past the 1st servo, 98 was $1.95 went to pull into sevvo, but drove past. 98 was $2.30. So i went around the block and got the cheaper of the 2. Its odd because both servos are within eyesight of each other so you'd think theyd be competitive. So fair enough you wouldnt care banging in $20 at 40c per litre more at sevvo if you were stinging for a salmonella pie and 2 redbulls for $5, sure, ive done that before. But 58L and no 3 day old pie, ill take the cheaper fuel.
Old 24-03-2023, 07:29 PM   #5274
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

The advice we can pick up our new daily next Friday.

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2023, 01:12 AM   #5275
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fixed my broken toilet in my ensuite with a dodgy outlet valve seating washer replacement because the one I needed was sold out. At least I know what washer I need now

I also swapped over the outlet valve body from the main toilet spare I had after the replacing the outlet valve entirely with the ensuite one as I broke the half flush lifter lever on that so now have dual flush again too.

I glued it back on so ready again for a spare if need be.

Also my promotion finally came through
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2023, 09:07 PM   #5276
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I'm 53 with the lung capacity of a 22yr old ... who knew ?

And i have 118% something blah blah blah compared to something/something LOL

I really should have got it in writing, i have 3% hearing loss in my left ear and my sight in my left eye is not as sharp as in my right one for long vision ...

Neither of which i knew anything about, so my NEW job has been a blessing in disguise.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2023, 11:32 PM   #5277
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Carrying my cat inside for the night, because it’s lightly raining and he’s a snowflake. I got so much love; constant purrs and gentle headbutts.
6 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2023, 07:20 PM   #5278
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Twas for yesterday but I got home too late to post...

Knotfest in Brisbane made me feel very bloody good. Got to take my daughter for her first real music festival experience as well as a lifelong mate. So many good bands and experiences in the pit. Despite almost being crushed at the start of Slipknot and having some goose hit her in the face with a shoe, the girl absolutely loved it. Made me very proud and happy to share the joy of full metal combat.
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2023, 01:15 PM   #5279
Itsme
Experienced Member

After enduring a troublesome tooth with an infection in the last two weeks it is now bliss with its removal.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2023, 10:17 PM   #5280
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Woo hoo!, got a promotion and a pay rise
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post