Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Default LT XR5 vs LV XR5

Instead of researching in vain I'd thought I'd ask the people in the know.

What are the differences between the LT XR5 Focus and the LV XR5 Focus? I'm talking standard features more than asthetics. I know the NVH were supposedly improved with the LV facelift.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: LT XR5 vs LV XR5

Not much.. The LV comes with the upgraded Sony Head unit with bluetooth. It also comes with the keyless start (press button) and some of the LT's only had front power windows... The rest is all pretty much cosmetic...

With the price of second hand LT's I reckon some of the LV's are better value, and are a better looking machine!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Thanks DASH GT

I agree with you on the price of the seconhand LTs vs new LVs at the moment. Serious value for money at the runout prices. Unfortunatley they are still a little pricey for my megre budget.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hey mate,

Theres even a few LV's with 50 kay on them for around the 26 mark floating around, as cheap as 24 kay with 80 kay on the clock...

I would perosonally buy an LV because you should still get some warranty, even if its second hand!

Cheapest new one I know of is $30,450

Cheers.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

LV's also have some minor engine part upgrades (one of the oil diaphrams used to go on the LTs) and a few also claim that the LVs are a bit quicker stock.

Whole car has changed cosmetically with new front and rear and also scalloped doors. Rims are slightly different, extra colour choice of White in LV, Mondus Grey seat colour not available after LT, short shifter, different dash, cup holders in centre console.

Rest has been covered in the above posts

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post