Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Birds (feathered ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Ill pass on that. Its bad enough when i peragrin falcon just wants an inpection. Im no avion expert, but i beleive when the dive bomb another bird like say a homing pigeon, theyre one of the fastest in the world.
My apprentice at the time, knowing about the falcon and seeing about from inside refused to go on the roof with the lightning protection guy and myself. But after we came down was showing me videos off the youtube of eagles vs mountain goats. Food chain stuff really. Mountain goats are heavy, but the eagles drag them off the cliff face and drop them. Its savage but interesting about the adaptive hunting method.
There's a cliff walk around to Pearl Baech from Ettalong. We would ride this single track to get to Patonga mountain bike trail and do a loop back to Phegans Bay where we lived once. The Falcons there were beautiful to watch.
Once we came upon a fledgling that had fallen down from the nest, we wrap him in a towel we had which didn't have our scent on, so I could clamber up the cliff face and stick him back in while there was no sign of momma. We waited as momma returned and just simply fed the little bugger with the others non the wiser.
They say the parents will always reject the young if handled by humans but we disproved this there and then.
The old Pacific Hwy around Calga (mid week) is the perfect place to spot a Wedgetail on the ground feeding. Massive birds. We were lucky to see this several times riding there.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: