Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Mikejd
Starter Motor

Default Central locking prob??????

Hi guys, I hope some one might narrow this problem down for me, or perhaps tell me how i may narrow it down.
I can't lock my AU II Futura, first off I only use the key as the remote was lost many years ago.
Today I noticed my car was unlocked when I went to unlock the door. Then I noticed the interior light stayed on as I was driving off. When I tried locking the drivers door with the key (as usual) the lock just immeadiatly unlocked. I checked all the doors and they were firmly shut, tried again several times with no success. Also when I try using the central locking button on the dash it just immeadiatly unlocks. The fuse is ok. With the fuse removed all the passanger remain unlocked but I can lock the driver's door, at least then it looks like my car is locked. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Cheers
Mike

Mikejd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: Central locking prob??????

id say your door cog actuator or motor has **** itself either take apart and have a lock or replace actuator id suggest take apart and look there actually very simple devices
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Mikejd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
id say your door cog actuator or motor has **** itself either take apart and have a lock or replace actuator id suggest take apart and look there actually very simple devices
Thanks BHDOGS, what's the best way of telling which door has the problem?
Cheers
Mike

P.S
I'm also wondering if moisture could be involved, I'm in Brisbane and we've been getting belted with record rain and 40km wind gusts for the last 48 hours. My Falcon is high and dry but it is parked outside in this s***house weather.

Last edited by Mikejd; 28-01-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 29-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Mikejd
Starter Motor

Also is there a way of locking the 3 passenger doors until I get this sorted?
Cheers
Old 29-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Ivo
Starter Motor

I have an AU wagon 99 model. I just noticed its doing the exact same thing.

Any other hints/tips?
Ivo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post