Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default keys in wagon boot... Hellllllp!

As the title suggests...

As many of you know I am traveling oz at the moment... Whilst on a trip back to brissy I've locked the keys to the car on the back of my wagon.. The problem is there is a cage barrier and a boot FULL of stuff (including stuff ratchet strapped to the cargo barrier and my 4 year olds toys who's been stuck inside for 3 days!). My toolbox is in the back so tools are limited, I spent a while with a cost hanger trying to hook them with no success (although very close!)

If anyone has any ideas how I can get into the back that'd be great. Considering I can get access to the car I am thinking of running +ve to the ignition to allow me to use the button to pop the boot. Or is there more to it then that...

Ideas appreciated....if its some kind of way to gain entry that may help others steal a car, please don't post it here. Please pm me...
Cam

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.

Last edited by Cam; 28-01-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: keys in wagon boot... Hellllllp!

hmm don`t know Cam, my first thought is to persevere with the hanger,
i could be barking up the wrong tree here, but any one else near you that has an Au, i`m thinking if the key goes in if i remember correctly it will start momentarily then stall after 5 or 6 seconds with the smart shield thing(hopefully it does no damage), even if it only energizes the boot button for a few seconds your laughing, but i could be mistaken , that was the jist of a post i read some time ago......but i`m old and get confused easily ;), perhaps someone could add some info......hmmm being summoned ;(, good luck any way matey, let us know how you go.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
peterban
AULTD

I think if you remove the BEM fuse and then put it back in this re-energises the boot button.
See this post for fuse box diagram
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...u+fuse+diagram
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

Magnetic pick uP tool if you can get access to one
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #5
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Would it help to get the back seat base out and then remove the back seat? Only two bolts I think. Though it sounds like the keys are near the back of the car so this is probably a pointless thought...
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
barneyTrubble
Banned

It is dead set easy to jump a positive wire to you IGN circuit and power up the boot release switch. Thick yellow under the fuse box is battery feed. IGN from memory is green/red (or is it yellow/red???) Anyhow, you keep fiddling you'll soon find it. You might even be able to jump straight to the back of the release switch - easier still!
barneyTrubble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterban View Post
I think if you remove the BEM fuse and then put it back in this re-energises the boot button.
See this post for fuse box diagram
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...u+fuse+diagram
You sir, are a legend! I can't believe I didn't think of that!

I'll be down your way on my travels in a few months, I owe you a beer!
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: