Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
aufairmontghia
XR6

Default Au S1 Fairmont Ghia Security Issue????

Hi All

Since purchasing my S1 Au Fairmont Ghia, I've noticed the red LED light located beside the boot & fuel release buttons has never lit up or flashed???? I believe this may be the security light for the factory imobiliser/alarm???

I pulled the buttons to inspect & noticed the two wires cut to the LED. Is this suppose to flash or something if it were connected when imobiliser is activated. There is no light or symbol on the instrument dash so don't know whats suppose to happen & how to check????

When I turn the lights on I find the boot, fuel release & also the headlight switchs are not backlit???? Are they suppose to light up??? Are there any lights in them???? Can they be replaced if so????

Cheers

aufairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
I've noticed the red LED light located beside the boot & fuel release buttons has never lit up or flashed????
The only time i've seen a red light there was the duress light in the taxis. This would light up when the cabbie would press the emergency button on the side of the steering column when he was in danger, and this little red light would just be a representation of the green light on top of the taxi.

But i doubt that's what you've got.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufairmontghia
Hi All

Since purchasing my S1 Au Fairmont Ghia, I've noticed the red LED light located beside the boot & fuel release buttons has never lit up or flashed???? I believe this may be the security light for the factory imobiliser/alarm???

I pulled the buttons to inspect & noticed the two wires cut to the LED. Is this suppose to flash or something if it were connected when imobiliser is activated. There is no light or symbol on the instrument dash so don't know whats suppose to happen & how to check????

When I turn the lights on I find the boot, fuel release & also the headlight switchs are not backlit???? Are they suppose to light up??? Are there any lights in them???? Can they be replaced if so????

Cheers

its certainly not factory, that light is put there when an aftermarket security system is installed, i had one put in my s1 fairmont ghia when i got my alarm installed
the previous owner has probably taken the system out to use again
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post