Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 
Default Stolen Toyota Landcruiser Nth Brisbane

Hi fellow Ford Forum Members,

Some low life broke into the house last night and found the keys to our Landcruiser and stole it along with Vicky,s handbag with credit cards, mobile etc.

It's a 2005 Landcruiser Sahara, champagne colour, 771 LTO, chrome bulbar, tow bar, standard wheels, side steps.

Call me on 0427 742 763 if you see or hear about it.

I don't have a photo unfortunately.

Garry

u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
melon466
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stolen Toyota Landcruiser Nth Brisbane

holy crap Garry, that's bad news, hope you get it back or at least catch the a hole that stole it. Lucky they didn't help themselves to the other beast.

Turbo XD Ute - Project Thread
melon466 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon466
holy crap Garry, that's bad news, hope you get it back or at least catch the a hole that stole it. Lucky they didn't help themselves to the other beast.
Yes mate it's a major p*ss off, it's a wake up call that's for sure. Going to think about security measures to put in place and the realisation the world isn't a nice place anymore and treat everyone and everything with suspicion, sad but it's reality.
Old 24-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
RASER
Banned

Sorry for your loss

If it was stolen to order you will never see it again

If it was a joy ride you *may* well find it, but would u want a raped vehicle back, i hated mine i had to sell it immediatly

I still dont know why for less than $20 a month one can track a vehicle via GPS/Phone network to within 4 metres anywhere in AUS.

Tracking via internet and/or Phone, soon as the vehicle is moved you are alerted

Insurance companies WANT vehicles to be stolen otherwise they would make everybody fit tracking to said vehicles
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
Sorry for your loss

If it was stolen to order you will never see it again

If it was a joy ride you *may* well find it, but would u want a raped vehicle back, i hated mine i had to sell it immediatly

I still dont know why for less than $20 a month one can track a vehicle via GPS/Phone network to within 4 metres anywhere in AUS.

Tracking via internet and/or Phone, soon as the vehicle is moved you are alerted

Insurance companies WANT vehicles to be stolen otherwise they would make everybody fit tracking to said vehicles
I hear what your saying about getting a raped car back, I really don't want to hear from the police that they have found it and it's fixable. We have had it since new and though it sounds weird, it's been part of the family not just a mode of transport.

The insurance company will payout in 14 days so we have a bit of wait and will look for another one.
Old 27-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Miracles do happen......

They found the car located less than a kilometre from home. It ran out of petrol on the main tank and they didn't know how to turn on the sub tank

No damage, all in the same condition that it was in when it was taken, keys still in the ignition.

Happy days
Old 27-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Happy for you Garry!

Happy ending for sure.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post