Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Demnac Ford collapse: Q&A for customers and suppliers

Demnac Ford collapse: Q&A for customers and suppliers
May 27, 2011 - 10:25AM
Be the first to comment
Deloitte, the receivers and managers of the collapsed Denmac and Bremer Ford company, has issued the following list of questions and answers for customers and suppliers.

Q. What will happen to my current Ford warranty?

A. The standard factory warranty is issued by Ford and this will remain in place and will be honoured by Ford. For further information please contact: Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 133673.

Q. Where can I get my car serviced under Ford's factory warranty?

Customers are encouraged to go to another Ford dealership that offers servicing on the Ford vehicles. For further information please contact: Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 133673.

Q. What will happen to my extended warranty issued by Denmac Ford?

A. Unfortunately the extended warranties can no longer be honoured by Denmac Ford, however, the initial standard factory warranty issued by Ford will remain in place.

Customers may wish to check the terms of the extended warranty and contact the relevant third party warranty provider to assess whether any claim can be made.

Q. I bought a used car which is still covered under the standard 3 month statutory warranty. Am I still covered and how may I submit my car for repairs?

A. In this instance customers should contact the receivers who will advise you of the appropriate steps to take.

Q. I have purchased a car in the last few weeks during the period of receivership. If I have paid for my car in part or in full, can I still take ownership of my vehicle?

A. Customers who have fully paid for their car should contact the dealership as soon as possible to arrange a time to collect their car.

Customers who have partly paid for their car must pay the remainder before they can collect their car. It is advisable that they finalise payment as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transaction.

Q. I have just put down a deposit on a vehicle but I would like to cancel this purchase. What can I do?

Any deposits or part payments made on the vehicle prior to the appointment of receivers (11th May) are not refundable. In this instance it is advised that customers contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 133673. Any deposits made with the receivers are fully refundable should customers not wish to proceed with their transaction. Customers should immediately advise the receivers should they not wish to proceed with the purchase of their vehicle.

Q. I'm a supplier to Denmac Ford and I was owed money prior to the appointment of receivers.

These funds are frozen pending the receivers sale of business and assets and you will be sent a notice by the receivers outlining what your rights are.

Q. I supplied goods to the receivers. Will this be paid?

The receivers are personally liable for all debts they authorise. Therefore if you have a properly authorised purchase order the receivers will make payment in the usual course of business once you have sent the relevant invoices for payment.

To brighten a sad day..DenmacFord Ads 1980's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9CxXKB-Ag

Last edited by csv8; 27-05-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add 1980 ads
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Supercharged

Default Re: Demnac Ford collapse: Q&A for customers and suppliers

It would be a brave person to hand over more funds for a deposited purchase in the hope they won’t suck all the money up and not supply the vehicle.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes up till yesturday they would only do predelivery on the cars if the cash was in their bank account...

Id buy a car off them at the right money, but id want clear title of it the same day, they can jam their predelivery!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...-1226064064713

Looks like its done and dusted.... Wonder how much stock they had?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...-1226064064713

Looks like its done and dusted.... Wonder how much stock they had?
Bout 200 new and 80 used I think..

Im going to try and find out if the stocks going to auction.
Old 28-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
smally289
growing up is optional

Not sure if it is still done this way, but it was when I worked at a delaership back in the 90s. The dealers never actually own the car (or pay Ford for it) until they sell it. If this is the case then all the new cars would either go back to Ford or other dealers.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Not sure if it is still done this way, but it was when I worked at a delaership back in the 90s. The dealers never actually own the car (or pay Ford for it) until they sell it. If this is the case then all the new cars would either go back to Ford or other dealers.
Nah not anymore..

Dealers have to buy them in on their own floor plan (big overdraft facility). They pay interest on them while they sit there.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Be really ****ed if I forked out extra for 5yr warranty and this happened. Wonder how many abusive phone calls ford has recieved from this dealers customers about things they have paid for but not recieved
Old 28-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG XR
Be really ****ed if I forked out extra for 5yr warranty and this happened. Wonder how many abusive phone calls ford has recieved from this dealers customers about things they have paid for but not recieved
Be even more ****ed off if you had put a deposit down, then only to loose it.
What really annoys me about things like this, is that the directors of the companies know they are in trouble and more than likely going to fold. Yet they still trade and take payments from customers, knowing full well that the customer will do the money cold.

I got stung in a similar way in 1997 to the tune of $34,000 and the company started up a week later doing the same sort of business but with the wife as the director.

I know it won't happen in this instance either,but I think it is about time that the ACCC came down hard on the boards and really held them accountable for these sorts of situations.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally think all deposits should be put into a trust account and kept there till the transaction is ready to settle.

The laws need to be tougher in regards to deposits and holding fees.
Old 28-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
GodOwnsAnFPV

Well there goes my $500 deposit at Denmac...thanks for the call boys. Knowing Ford they will sit on their hands on this one too.
NOW FOR SALE - 335 GT.....Coming soon to the For Sale Thread Build #0075. PM's welcome.
GodOwnsAnFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOwnsAnFPV
Well there goes my $500 deposit at Denmac...thanks for the call boys. Knowing Ford they will sit on their hands on this one too.
Ford won't do anything, at the end of the day the legal contract was between you and the dealer.

The best thing Ford can do is find out who the customers were that got burnt and send them to another dealer with a $500 voucher for accessories or something to that effect, but I highly doubt they would be interested.

Looks like the Denmac name is done and dusted for good :(
Old 28-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
BA Baracus
xls

One of my brothers went there about a week and a half ago cause he was interested in a 08 Ranger they had/have and the sales bloke told him upfront he couldn't offer any warranty, they could be gone by tomorrow and pretty much sent him on his way. Good thing the fella was honest with him.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Would hate to have hadn't car serviced there days leading up to closure. Mechanics out of a job wonder what they didn't do but still charged customer..
Old 13-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bremer Ford has been taken over by one of the other dealers.

It should be fully going again by the end of the week!!

Good news for Ipswich!
Old 13-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats good news !! who took them over ? Eagers?? Q Ford ?? I hope some one takes over Darra Denmac, fairly soon...
Old 13-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Q Ford took Bremer.

Darra should be tied up soon too, its down to 2 companys.
Old 13-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Bremer back in business, it is good news for Brisbane's west.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Bremer back in business, it is good news for Brisbane's west.
I did notice all the cars were still there...Fantastic news!

From all appearances...they didn't appear to have 'closed'...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
I did notice all the cars were still there...Fantastic news!

From all appearances...they didn't appear to have 'closed'...
They were pretty much shut as far as sales / service / parts went, they just left everything intact to hopefully sell the businesses as a going concern. Some people will get their jobs back, but sadly these dealerships will be run at a much smaller scale now, so I think the 140 odd will probably be cut in half, starting with the management!!
Old 14-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Q Ford should know what they are doing and make a success of Bremer..Ford needs a dealer in the Western suburbs. Be interesting to see who takes on Denmac..I hope its Eagers (Metro Ford)..it will make it easier for me to service my cars..won't have to drive to Southside at the'Gabba
Old 14-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eagers aren't in the running for Darra.
Old 14-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #23
lippa
Starter Motor

i hope someone pays a fortune for it.....
lippa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm, just found out this morning Newhaven Ford in Emerald (central QLD) has gone down too.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #25
GodOwnsAnFPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
They were pretty much shut as far as sales / service / parts went, they just left everything intact to hopefully sell the businesses as a going concern. Some people will get their jobs back, but sadly these dealerships will be run at a much smaller scale now, so I think the 140 odd will probably be cut in half, starting with the management!!
Thanks for the update Dash, always the purveyor of quality info for all things Ford. If the business is sold as an ongoing concern, that would usually mean that they are also buying the debt at a predetermined price....which should mean that any customers who have a deposit down or transaction pending, should continue as normal??? Be interested if you had any info on this.

Cheers
Dan
NOW FOR SALE - 335 GT.....Coming soon to the For Sale Thread Build #0075. PM's welcome.
GodOwnsAnFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
Be even more ****ed off if you had put a deposit down, then only to loose it.
What really annoys me about things like this, is that the directors of the companies know they are in trouble and more than likely going to fold. Yet they still trade and take payments from customers, knowing full well that the customer will do the money cold.

I got stung in a similar way in 1997 to the tune of $34,000 and the company started up a week later doing the same sort of business but with the wife as the director.

I know it won't happen in this instance either,but I think it is about time that the ACCC came down hard on the boards and really held them accountable for these sorts of situations.
Agreed and then you get the double hit of being paid $0.01 to the dollar from the receiver managers, who say that there is no money left in the business. Its good to go through the reports and see that the receiver managers have taken out, I have seen junior position charged out at $100 per hour and senior staff being charged out at $600 + other expenses per hour.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #27
lippa
Starter Motor

I have the schedule of charges the liquidators are charging, and you are 100% right SB076. criminal isn't it.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOwnsAnFPV
Thanks for the update Dash, always the purveyor of quality info for all things Ford. If the business is sold as an ongoing concern, that would usually mean that they are also buying the debt at a predetermined price....which should mean that any customers who have a deposit down or transaction pending, should continue as normal??? Be interested if you had any info on this.

Cheers
Dan
They really didnt take them as a going concern in the end. Basically they just took over the franchises, assigned leases, financed stock and some of the man power. Ill know more in few weeks but the businesses will be owned by different holding companies - they are really only taking the trading names.

Will take a while for them to get things on track!!
Old 15-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
lippa
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
They really didnt take them as a going concern in the end. B
yep deloittes made sure of that.
Old 16-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippa
I have the schedule of charges the liquidators are charging, and you are 100% right SB076. criminal isn't it.
Yes, I have seen guys that have done the right thing, have dealt with a company for 20 odd years and then unexpectingly that company goes under owing them huge amounts of money - in some cases its enough to put them under as well - it doesnt help that the liquidators rip so much out of the company leaving the unsecured creditors with nothing - when in many cases they havent done anything wrong.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post