Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 15-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
big_pierre
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth Hands Free - BA Falcon - Iphone

Hi all

Our beloved BA Falcon has a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth handsfree car kit installed. It used to work like a charm with the old iphones, but with anything after iphone 8, the remote party hears a really bad echo of their own voice. I dont know if this is iphone hardware / software related, but something in the iphone has changed in the past couple of years. We've tried iphone 8, 11 and 12, but all are bad.

I've bought a "quality" Blueant handfree and also an el-cheapo hands free from ebay, but the same problem is there with both of them.

I cant seem to find any useful info about this problem on the iphone forums

I spoke to a car audio place but they said there is really no option to change out the car stereo for a blue-tooth enabled system, because the stereo is integrated into the dash.

So I am hoping that someone here might have had a similar issue and was able to find a fix.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks very much

Pete
big_pierre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Bluetooth Hands Free - BA Falcon - Iphone

i tried everything and ended up putting a head unit in the tissue box spot. it worked with the steering wheel controls so i had seek to answer and hang up.

if i still had the bf i would have put in an overline icc. but at $1500 it could be worth more than the car
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

and i've put a factory BA/BF bluetooth in hers & a modified factory [ford escape] bluetooth in mine, both with hang-up function altho mine can ring last number dialled. but we don't use apple. some have also put in the 'parrot' system, dunno how well it works tho.

i won't be bothering with fitting aftermarket stereo nor ICC.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the parrot one sucked. it lasted 2 days in mine and it ended up in the bin
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: