Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-09-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Xgute123
Starter Motor

Default 2011 Mondeo Diesel Auto

Hi I have recently bought a 2011 Mondeo turbo diesel 6 speed auto. Do these cars normally rev out to just over 2000 rpm before changing gears, only seems to do it shifting between 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and then changes smoothly... I have had the gearbox serviced recently..
Xgute123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
bundybear75

Default Re: 2011 Mondeo Diesel Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgute123 View Post
Hi I have recently bought a 2011 Mondeo turbo diesel 6 speed auto. Do these cars normally rev out to just over 2000 rpm before changing gears, only seems to do it shifting between 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and then changes smoothly... I have had the gearbox serviced recently..
Depends on how heavy your foot is. I can make mine rev to 4000 if I plant it, but lower changes are usually smooth. Hopefully the correct DCT fluid was used at the service - that may cause issues?
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2020, 08:04 AM   #3
mourati

Mondeo's running a 2.0L TDCi have the Ford PowerShift six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission DCT450 - they require a very specific oil for the transmission - link attached for reference https://penriteoil.com.au/products/dct-fluid-full-syn
Don't forget to have the external filter replaced too link attached: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...wAAOSwu-JfMqLy
mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourati View Post
Mondeo's running a 2.0L TDCi have the Ford PowerShift six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission DCT450

I think you mean somewhere within 2010 they changed the trans to DCT from the slushbox. I have forgotten the dates it's been some time but I have a July '09 MB Zetec 2L TDCi with slushbox. My neighbour's 2010 MB 2L TDCi has DCT (yes MB still).
Old 23-09-2020, 01:11 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a runout MB with the 6-speed auto sold new in 2011 . But it will have the DCT trans if it is a MC.