Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Ford Endura/Edge Reportedly Cancelled.

Ive driven a few Endura's. I Like them but was dissapointed with some points.

The width (they are hard to park) and the fact that they did not offer ours with the Bi Turbo option.

Overall a nice car but I still think Territory was better. Still a very hard car to beat in terms of comfort and usability.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Also interesting to note Ford has not brought any 2020 Endura's into Australia. I wonder if its just going to dwindle away and hopefully be forgotten about on their behalf.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

So sad that Ford couldn't get more than a handful of people interested in Endura,
a lot of expectation now falling onto new Escape and Puma as Ford's new fresh faces,
I hope they have more luck with them.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 07:02 AM   #64
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our Terry hits 3 years ownership next Feb and this time round I chose no balloon payment which I hadn't done before. It's only done 32,000km. I'm wondering what to do.

1. Keep Terry, sell one of our work vans and I use the Terry for work, do some engine mods, wife gets new Escape.
2. Trade Terry and one van, get new Escape and Transit Custom Sport.
3. Trade Terry and one van and get Jeep GC SRT and drive wife everywhere.
4. Forum suggestions....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #65
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Our Terry hits 3 years ownership next Feb and this time round I chose no balloon payment which I hadn't done before. It's only done 32,000km. I'm wondering what to do.

1. Keep Terry, sell one of our work vans and I use the Terry for work, do some engine mods, wife gets new Escape.
4. Forum suggestions....
You don't do enough Kilometers to worry about fuel consumption so the SRT isn't a silly suggestion.
There is no Ford that ticks boxes for me as a replacement to the Territory,

But hint I'm going to end up with 2 cars virtually the same apart from the engine - not new though
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #66
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
You don't do enough Kilometers to worry about fuel consumption so the SRT isn't a silly suggestion.
There is no Ford that ticks boxes for me as a replacement to the Territory,

But hint I'm going to end up with 2 cars virtually the same apart from the engine - not new though
.....X5 Xdrive50i
Old 16-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #67
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

...another Seadoo?

Jokes aside, replacement of Terry, Subaru Outback? New 2021 model on the way looks pretty good. It's about that Terry price point, full time AWD (if you wanted that). Dual X mode makes it more capable in snow (if you like that) than the Terry most probably. More clearance, more clearance in the wheel well for chains too. It'll probably lose out a bit in the handling? And maybe they will bring the new 2.4 boxer Turbo, which gives very Territory like power and torque figures.
Old 17-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #68
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one Seadoo is enough..

one of the aspects of the Territory that all Territory owners would know is the amount of internal space, the X5 despite having larger external dimensions has a lot less storage space - so big compromise there same issue with the Jeep.
the Endura actually stands up well against its competitors for internal space probably due to its width and not having a 3rd row tucked in there, otherwise you need to look at the taller 4WD options like Everest Prado etc

I haven't really looked hard at the outback but I think it would be lacking in space.
Old 17-09-2020, 10:29 AM   #69
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

4. Forum suggestions....
TBH why not keep the Terry with just 32000.
You know it, its copped the depreciation hit run it to the ground, especially knowing what bits you can get and we all know the I6 will last and last.
Mod it even better.
As mentioned its got plenty of room as well.
Get wifey new Escape BUT I'd grab a great end of deal on a Endura ST for her instead
Option 3 just isn't in the discussion
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #70
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
the Endura actually stands up well against its competitors for internal space probably due to its width and not having a 3rd row tucked in there, otherwise you need to look at the taller 4WD options like Everest Prado etc
Pajero is the answer, heaps of luggage room and as the 3rd row tucks away neatly under the floor its there if/when you need it without taking up room folded up against the sides or having to bolt in/out like a Prado if you need more room.
I went from BF3 wagon with spare wheel taking up space, to Territory with reduced space and regretted it, ive now gone Pajero and wish id done so sooner.
I dont need the extra row so ive removed it altogether which is a simple procedure, no bolts, and it also frees up heaps of underfloor space, the weight saving having removed it has accommodated a set of rear drawrs with fridge slide which having watched a utube clip can be mounted on hinges and struts so that underfloor area isnt lost.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #71
hayseed

Quote:

4. Forum suggestions....
Keep the Terry, Buy the Transit & an Acadia.. (only joking)
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #72
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
TBH why not keep the Terry with just 32000.
You know it, its copped the depreciation hit run it to the ground, especially knowing what bits you can get and we all know the I6 will last and last.
Mod it even better.
As mentioned its got plenty of room as well.
Get wifey new Escape BUT I'd grab a great end of deal on a Endura ST for her instead
Option 3 just isn't in the discussion
I forgot to add its a AWD Diesel Titanium.
Old 18-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #73
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
I forgot to add its a AWD Diesel Titanium.
even better, why shift it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #74
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a drive article that confirms our feelings for the Terry:

https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...trackLink=SMH2

"For all its merits, the Ford Endura hasn't been the replacement for the much-loved Ford Territory that Aussies were hoping for. So where to from here?
Ford Territory owners have been searching for a genuine replacement for the Australian-made seven-seater since it went out of production in 2016.

While rivals such as the Toyota Kluger, Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Santa Fe and Kia Sorento all have their merits, none quite hit the spot in terms of the Ford Territory's drivability.

But what about the Territory's pseudo showroom replacement, the Endura?

To be fair to Ford, the big SUV, as illustrated by our 2020 Ford Endura ST-Line, was never meant to be a direct replacement for the Territory. Instead, Ford hedged its bets, hoping the heavy-duty Everest four-wheel drive would appeal to the seven-seater market and the Endura would appeal to those who wanted a car-like, family SUV with only five seats.

Unfortunately, with these two models, Ford fired a couple of arrows either side of the Territory and didn’t hit the target.

The Everest is not as roomy as a Territory and drives like an off-roader due to its heavy-duty underpinnings, while the Endura lacks the third row and comes with a high price.

Which possibly explains why the Ford Endura hasn’t resonated with buyers as much as the company had hoped. The model has already been pulled from the UK (where it is called the Ford Edge) and its future in Australia remains unclear."
Old 08-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #75
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Here's a drive article that confirms our feelings for the Terry:

https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...trackLink=SMH2

"For all its merits, the Ford Endura hasn't been the replacement for the much-loved Ford Territory that Aussies were hoping for. So where to from here?
Ford Territory owners have been searching for a genuine replacement for the Australian-made seven-seater since it went out of production in 2016.

While rivals such as the Toyota Kluger, Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Santa Fe and Kia Sorento all have their merits, none quite hit the spot in terms of the Ford Territory's drivability.

But what about the Territory's pseudo showroom replacement, the Endura?

To be fair to Ford, the big SUV, as illustrated by our 2020 Ford Endura ST-Line, was never meant to be a direct replacement for the Territory. Instead, Ford hedged its bets, hoping the heavy-duty Everest four-wheel drive would appeal to the seven-seater market and the Endura would appeal to those who wanted a car-like, family SUV with only five seats.

Unfortunately, with these two models, Ford fired a couple of arrows either side of the Territory and didn’t hit the target.

The Everest is not as roomy as a Territory and drives like an off-roader due to its heavy-duty underpinnings, while the Endura lacks the third row and comes with a high price.

Which possibly explains why the Ford Endura hasn’t resonated with buyers as much as the company had hoped. The model has already been pulled from the UK (where it is called the Ford Edge) and its future in Australia remains unclear."
Actually when I had an Everest for two days as a loan car I found it softer than the Terry, e.g. over a speed hump the Terry was firmer while the Everest felt soft and rebounded up and down more then the Terry. Maybe the higher profile tyres added to this feeling.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #76
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
even better, why shift it.
maybe because I'm hearing voices late at night after everyone has gone to bed and I'm on Carsales..I hear it in between the wind blowing against the fireplace in my home office......it's very quiet but persistant.."V8..V8...V8"...
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 02:22 PM   #77
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
maybe because I'm hearing voices late at night after everyone has gone to bed and I'm on Carsales..I hear it in between the wind blowing against the fireplace in my home office......it's very quiet but persistant.."V8..V8...V8"...
I live with this too. It's hard trying to figure out how to make it sound like a good idea to the wife.
Ben73 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #78
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've had that for years, but I've never owned a V8, even with the boat I opted for something else.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #79
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

So basically SUV to replace cancelled SUV has been cancelled, please buy one of our other SUVs
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #80
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've had that for years, but I've never owned a V8, even with the boat I opted for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I live with this too. It's hard trying to figure out how to make it sound like a good idea to the wife.

It's quite nice having a couple of V8's around. One just torquey cruise mobile which is magic floating along the highway, the other a docile rumble but a little monster at high revs.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:50 PM   #81
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actually when I had an Everest for two days as a loan car I found it softer than the Terry, e.g. over a speed hump the Terry was firmer while the Everest felt soft and rebounded up and down more then the Terry. Maybe the higher profile tyres added to this feeling.
Perhaps that is what the article meant, yes. Maybe it was comparing the more sporty SUV ride/handling balance of the Terry. The softness will make for better suspension travel offroad in the Everest.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #82
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
So basically SUV to replace cancelled SUV has been cancelled, please buy one of our other SUVs
And what's more, let's do consecutive runs of different nameplates of new SUVs, replacing them when they don't sell that many, so customers never develop a knowledge of what we are selling. If you keep them guessing, it creates mystique.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
And what's more, let's do consecutive runs of different nameplates of new SUVs, replacing them when they don't sell that many, so customers never develop a knowledge of what we are selling. If you keep them guessing, it creates mystique.
*xfiles theme*
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #84
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
*xfiles theme*
lol we should be in auto marketing.

Picture a new electric truck, driving along verdant farmland pastures*

*truck actually has no drivetrain, is rolling down a deceptive incline. We'll make the drivetrain later, after the IPO. YOLO