Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 13-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Garfield69au
Starter Motor

Question Dead Laser KH Sedan

Hi gang,

My Laser KH Sedan 1994 Auto won't start. It died on me while driving, and refuses to turn over. The engine cranks fine but it won't kick. I've replaced the spark plugs, the ignition coil and the lead from the coil to the distributor, plus cleaned the distributor and rotor.

The battery was bought new only 2-3 months ago, and there is plenty of charge. All the interior/exterior electrics work fine, and the fuses look ok (I did test them with a continuity tester).

Any help/thoughts greatly appreciated!

Otherwise - anybody know a good mobile mechanic on the north side of Brisbane?! :

Last edited by Garfield69au; 14-06-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Garfield69au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

have you checked for spark from the distributor electronic module to the spark plugs ? i dont think that model has points

next is the fuel getting through ok (clogged fuel filter or fuel pump )
then compression ?
thats all you can check for at the moment

then the ECU if it is automatic and the sensors to the throttle boody and injectors if it is an EFI

yellow pages bris northside mobile mechanics or the racq can help if you are a member
Old 14-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Electronic Module on dizzy is my quess????.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Garfield69au
Starter Motor

Hey guys thanks for the tips.. No this model doesn't have points.

I'm thinking maybe fuel filter.

I had a bloke come out who reckons it might be the timing belt or valves. The head was serviced a year or 2 pack and all that was done so i'm a bit uncertain about it. If it were valves I would have thought the thin gwould start but run like farm tractor.
Garfield69au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
dirty hands
Over Thinker

to check that cam timimg belt has not broken take off the dissy cap and see if rotor turns

if one valves was burnt out the engine should still start but not likely after only 2 years