The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezimm View Post
I would be very interested in learning what are the statistics before and after the rule was applied. How many injuries and deaths by motor vehicle impact to emergency service personnel were there before and what were they reduced to?

How do these stats cross reference to the motor vehicle accident numbers near emergency vehicles with flashing lights?

My gut feel is that we may actually have more people injured after the rule's implementation than before. But happy to be proven wrong.

A decision to implement a rule like this in a new state must be based on hard data, surely!
Think you will find Vic gov would have used other states stats & would have conducted some sort of study, whatever means they used would be better than a Gut Feeling.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2017, 12:37 AM   #2
pezimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Think you will find Vic gov would have used other states stats & would have conducted some sort of study, whatever means they used would be better than a Gut Feeling.
The Vic government doesn't seem to have a great track record with detailed studies to drive policy - i.e. East-west link contract broken, elevated rail in SE Melb, CFA debacle, etc... What makes you think they used sound studies for this law change?
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezimm View Post
The Vic government doesn't seem to have a great track record with detailed studies to drive policy - i.e. East-west link contract broken, elevated rail in SE Melb, CFA debacle, etc... What makes you think they used sound studies for this law change?

Is that you Matthew Guy??? How was the lobster???
4 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
pezimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post
Is that you Matthew Guy??? How was the lobster???
Hahaha, nah not me... I just like decisions to be data-based. Libs also make some pretty silly calls for the wrong reasons.
Closed Thread