Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #121
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Although it is a difficult pill to swallow and something that you were not really aware of, this whole incident happened because of exactly this situation.

The only thing I can think of is get hold of the person you bought the box off and get them to flash their car back to stock, thereby unlocking the box. You could never load a tune on your car and then on sell the box, not from day one. So by this person doing this they were always selling a defective item, ebay does have some consumer protection mechanisms in place to prevent this, although I am not sure how effective they are. At the end of the day it is going to be a bit of a fight and it is not one that SCT or Herrods are likely to assist with, good luck.

This is the EXACT situation i now find myself in. Bought from ebay, seller said factory tune had been put back on his car. Went to Intune at Castle Hill today to get said box setup on my car............found box had NOT been reset to factory on sellers car! Have sent seller a message requesting assistance, but not holding my breath. As above, i may now have a $346.51 paperweight :

Glad the overall situation has been rectified for 99% of end users though :

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #122
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by genebaby
Good idea, if he ever has a problem with the tune he'll need it and it's locked to his car now anyhow. Maybe explain this to him, he may think he'll never need it, but never say never! :evil3:

I think the new owners definately gonna need it.. Can't even begin to think of the hassles for this guy if, as you say, Ford reflash the ECU and the car can't run on stock tune because of mods
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #123
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Its very unfortunate that people have be dishonest to sell something and now your out pocket.

I see this as warning for others I wouldn't buy a used x cal 1 because you cant see what you are actually buying, its gamble if it will work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe
This is the EXACT situation i now find myself in. Bought from ebay, seller said factory tune had been put back on his car. Went to Intune at Castle Hill today to get said box setup on my car............found box had NOT been reset to factory on sellers car! Have sent seller a message requesting assistance, but not holding my breath. As above, i may now have a $346.51 paperweight :

Glad the overall situation has been rectified for 99% of end users though :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 06-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #124
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
this is a bit much matey, blaming the guy for buying a 2nd hand good that is supposed to have 5 lives. real low act.
Why?

You went on to back up everything I said!
1. This is why thousands of honest, and aware, buyers went through this in the first place.
2. That I was sorry he is likely to get shafted!
3. How I hoped that wasn't the case!
4. But I wouldn't feel bad if he did. ( If something is being sold at $1200 and I find a second handy at $350, I want to make sure my $350 is a sound investment before I split with it!

Sorry XR06T, Your barking up the wrong tree!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #125
AUFU98
Starter Motor

Default Xcal 2

Hey

just purchased a XCAL 2 off someone they never used it how much is it to set the unit for my car?

do you know anyone local to wollongong that can do it? i am also looking to get a dynotune at the same time
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #126
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUFU98
Hey

just purchased a XCAL 2 off someone they never used it how much is it to set the unit for my car?

do you know anyone local to wollongong that can do it? i am also looking to get a dynotune at the same time
List of accredited SCT tuners in NSW can be found here, click on your State.

http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/S...1/Default.aspx

Thread closed, as it relates to the now defunct XCAL 1 .

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread