Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2022, 10:11 PM   #9
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS87 View Post
I think I was very lucky with it, at the time I was looking for either an AU II or III XR8 or a BA XR6 Turbo. Those cars have always stuck out for me since my youth as being some of the best Ford Australia has produced.

It was just one of those situations where the exact car you want in the exact specification you want came up at just the right time. I've looked at pics of your old TS50 and can only dream of what it would have been like to own one of those beasts! Mind you the FGX XR8 and the 'Stang are fairly handy replacements.

Out of all your cars its the XR6 that I have a soft spot for, its just so "perfect" - great colour, and the exact options I would have gone for in the 6 speed auto, premium ICC and the blue trim (way better than the all too common black).
My youth encompassed the AU - BA - BF and FG era's too. Buying a TS50 10 years later was pretty special, almost surreal. The T3 TS50 was my "poster" car, to go on and own one for a brief period was an honor. Being a TS, it had Koni suspension, somehow it managed to ride very well at the same time being THE BEST Falcon I have ever driven, before or since.

And yes, the ability to choose interior colours on BA, BF and early FG's was a nice touch. Black, black, black seems to be all that's offered these days.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: