Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Default Sydney Hobart Yacht in Hobart Pics

Hi there just returned from a few days in good old Tassie and i went down to the Constitution Docks in Hobart and checked out the yachts that made it to the finish line Was going to upload more pics in Thumbnail but could not do it as in the former FF
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter

Last edited by GTP 320; 04-01-2005 at 12:30 AM.
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome back to australia john! hehe

nice pic there, it really is an awesome site seeing the boats come in to tassie from that race, and ill be betting that the sailors were all very much ready to step ashore and crack open a coldy after that race

ive been contacted a few times to compete in the sydney to hobart, said yes once and was all geared up ready to go, but the skipper pulled the pin before the start due to predicted bad weather...glad he did cos that was the year a few blokes died...those old sailors sure know their stuff when it comes to the weather

ill do it one day - its one of those things on the list lol

dave
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Great pic, I have a pic of last years winner floating around on my PC, it doesn't look the same this year!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001

dave
Ditto.

I was at the other end of things a few years back. I worked a charter and following the fleet out and down the coast for a bit. It was an awesome sight seeing a lot of aggressive tacking up the Eastern Channel, past The Sound and out the heads.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I was down there for the NYE party way back in 1989/90.
That was the best NYE I ever had. 19yo, hooked up with a local girl (with only 1 head too), drank, smoked, gambled and then hit the street party for the actual changing of the year. Tassie may be slow but the Hobart docks on NYE have got to be the BEST place to be....anywhere.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
ive been contacted a few times to compete in the sydney to hobart, said yes once and was all geared up ready to go, but the skipper pulled the pin before the start due to predicted bad weather...glad he did cos that was the year a few blokes died...those old sailors sure know their stuff when it comes to the weather

dave
You're surely a brave man Dave....only way i'de go on the Sydney to Hobart is flying on a plane..lol

I agree with the tassie part too, has to be one of the best places to visit in australia imo.....went all around with the family when I was about 12 or so and loved it. Have to go back again so i can drive it for myself!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
You're surely a brave man Dave....only way i'de go on the Sydney to Hobart is flying on a plane..lol
haha sailing is in my blood - and the water / wind etc doesnt really scare me...just gotta be respectfull of it at all times...and never ever turn your back

dad has done a sydney to hobart and a couple of melb to hobart as well. Melb to hobart is the wilder of the two - travelling down that west coast of tassie and rounding the southern tip can be very hairy indeed