Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
69XWGT

Default Welfare Bludgers

I know this guy that is ripping off the system.

He supposedly has a bad back and is on a disability pension, but goes to work on a casual basis with a bloke that is a carpet layer and carries full rolls of carpet into houses.
When he not working laying carpet he is out fishing often throwing a cast net for Prawns(which he sells) for hours on end or out pulling crab pots(which he sells as well). The limit for crab pots is 4 per person and yet this grub has around 30 pots sunk.

He also breeds and sells finches

He is a pothead and small time pot seller.

He is a mate of mate.

He's just bludging on the rest of the Australian society that goes to work and pays taxes.

Should i call Centrelink and or the police??

Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
ch33z1l
Dawn

Would he suspect you of dobbing him in?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

This thread will really enrage the masses...
Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
69XWGT

To top it off , i forgot to mention that he also lives at home with his pensioner mother and dole bludging brother who has said on more than one occassion that he isn't interested in working.

ch33z1l , probably not, but i have mentioned it to another mate that i reckon he's a bludger and should dob him in.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
qdda5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69XWGT
To top it off , i forgot to mention that he also lives at home with his pensioner mother and dole bludging brother who has said on more than one occassion that he isn't interested in working.

ch33z1l , probably not, but i have mentioned it to another mate that i reckon he's a bludger and should dob him in.

Dob the lot in Mate, Nothing worse than dole bludging scum that dont want to work. Could understand some that are on a pension for an illness although alot would be taking the **** out of the system. Makes me sick to know I have to support some ****** that cant get off his lazy *** and get a job.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:

These are the perfect candidates for National Service. I reckon it would cost the same to house these people in a gaol as it would to train them to become a soldier, but that training would actually benefit our society and the person.

You spend ten years in the Defence Force and that criminal record you were so worried about disappears...
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
EL_Monty

and being a pensioner he is exempt from a fishing license while everyone else has to cough up to fish when time permits.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

report him to centrelink at least.. they may require him to prove his 'disability'.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah dob him in..... then come on here and whinge about the price of crabs and how hard it is to score pot.........
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd try blackmail first. get some tough kids from the street to pay him a visit asking for protection money & supplies. if all goes to plan you'll have plenty of crabs to snack on while you have the munchies while rolling around on your nice new carpet.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
I know this guy that is ripping off the system.

He supposedly has a bad back and is on a disability pension, but goes to work on a casual basis with a bloke that is a carpet layer and carries full rolls of carpet into houses.
When he not working laying carpet he is out fishing often throwing a cast net for Prawns(which he sells) for hours on end or out pulling crab pots(which he sells as well). The limit for crab pots is 4 per person and yet this grub has around 30 pots sunk.

He also breeds and sells finches

He is a pothead and small time pot seller.

He is a mate of mate.

He's just bludging on the rest of the Australian society that goes to work and pays taxes.

He seems to be doing a lot of things with his time. He may as well just get a full time job, or like somebody said, join the army.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Good to hear how mine and your tax dollars are going to good use. Gives you such a warm feeling doesn't it. * sarcasm off! *

Sounds like another "the world owes me everything, I owe it nothing" type of person. Report him. If he was doing the right thing, he would have nothing to worry about.

I give it 6 months before he comes up with another scam. People like this never learn.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Better yet, post up his living address and let people on here decide whats best. LOL

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Better yet, post up his living address and let people on here decide whats best. LOL
ken oath.... i'll drop round for half dozen crabs and a few billies....
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
LOL, did AFF become /b?

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
rocketscientist
AHHHH...WHAAATTTT

Quote:
Better still why don't you call TodayTonite/ACA they love this stuff.

They'll do the dirty work for you and you can watch it with a smug sense of satisfaction, all this without ever having to leave the comfort of your lounge room chair.

Just think of all the LoL's you and your mates will have in the future.

Man I wish I knew a few welfare cheats.

Whenever I hear a sentence beginning with "I know a guy" my urban myth detector goes...
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Or just not do anything about it. He's made his choice to do the wrong thing and it'll bite him in the coight.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

The question is - will Centrelink care?

The short answer is probably not.

The people who might care however, are the fisheries department...the old man worked in fisheries for ages...good part about it, is for anything that's not legal, they take your boat, your nets, your equipment - the lot...just gotta catch them in the act...

Then call Centrelink, or perhaps the fisheries will do it for you - government departments love to talk between themselves.

GOOD LUCK!

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #19
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

People like this are what makes it harder for people who really struggle, to survive. I have mates who are genuinely in need of the disability pension, and its taken years to get htme on ther
Back in my student days I even had doctors treat me like **** because they saw I was on a Health Care card, and the words were "it's my tax dollars paying for it, not yours".

Dob em in, to everyone that's relevant. Best case scenario, a federal investigation will occur because they're intentionally defrauding the government.
Worst case, nothing will happen and our taxes will continue to fund their drug addictions.
Most likely? Somewhere in the middle, centrelink will investigate, and potentially take him off disability pension, and make him find a job.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
69XWGT

Well i'm not into pot so black mailing him for that would be a waste of time and my next door neighbour is a pro crabber so i don't have to worry about a feed of mud crabs to often

In QLD it's illegal to sink your pots without a rope, float and identification.
He was caught by fisheries and then said i'm just a poor pensioner and only have a couple pots like this and it stops people stealing them. They let him go without even a warning. Yet the neighbour who does it legally is harrassed by fisheries on a regular basis.

I'm over oxygen thieves like this. Today i'm calling centrelink and when the crabbing returns to normal after the fresh water clears out i'll be ringing fisheries.

I don't have a problem with anybody that is genuinely unemployed or has any sort of disability stopping them from working but cretins like this , i've had a gutfull of em.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well i'm not into pot
Maybe that's your problem, try lighting up to lighten up.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think all someone has to do is walk into the dole office and tell them that you just refuse to work. ( what can the gov do can't let them die)
Maybe they say they are useless and act like your Frank Spencer ect.

I know two people who just refuse to work one is a pommy and the other is just up the road and there is nothing wrong with them at all. very fit and healthy and no fat gut but they just will not work.
They are always whingeing and winding.
One just runs around spinning the rapture is coming, the pope is the devil, the jew's are your saviour, and just say this and you will be saved! end of story.
I think the dole office has a little black book for them.
Pommy has not worked for 25 years and the other over 30 years.

69XWGT the dole office possibly could not do a thing about him anyway.
If he want to jail he would only cost the country more.
That type are everywhere. and the gov don't want to have deal with stuff like that. it's a hot potato.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
I think all someone has to do is walk into the dole office and tell them that you just refuse to work. ( what can the gov do can't let them die)
Well they can. The government allows for the mentally ill to live in the street whats the difference from that to a lazy scab?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #24
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
Maybe they say they are useless and act like your Frank Spencer ect.

I know two people who just refuse to work one is a pommy and the other is just up the road and there is nothing wrong with them at all. very fit and healthy and no fat gut but they just will not work.
They are always whingeing and winding.
One just runs around spinning the rapture is coming, the pope is the devil, the jew's are your saviour, and just say this and you will be saved! end of story.
I think the dole office has a little black book for them.
Pommy has not worked for 25 years and the other over 30 years.

69XWGT the dole office possibly could not do a thing about him anyway.
If he want to jail he would only cost the country more.
That type are everywhere. and the gov don't want to have deal with stuff like that. it's a hot potato.
I'm not sure what planet you are from, but there is no "dole office". There is Centrelink and they are very interested in anyone taking the system for a ride. To say the government doesn't care shows a total lack of understanding - sometimes the government is slow, but the wheels do turn, and people are always given the benefit of doubt and are treated as innocent until proven guilty.

BTW, I do NOT work for Centrelink, but I do have some idea of how government works and what interests them.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'm not sure what planet you are from, but there is no "dole office". There is Centrelink and they are very interested in anyone taking the system for a ride. To say the government doesn't care shows a total lack of understanding - sometimes the government is slow, but the wheels do turn, and people are always given the benefit of doubt and are treated as innocent until proven guilty.

BTW, I do NOT work for Centrelink, but I do have some idea of how government works and what interests them.
Sure! centrelink.
My mate who's the best mate to the pommy lounge lizard said he him self was hounded constantly when he was on the dole. but his old mate the pommy lounge lizard never got hounded at all. go figure

And as for the dude up the road i offered him a job i said 1 hour or 2 a week no pressure just to get him started but no way. he freaked out that if he did so, he could maybe get kicked off the dole. true story!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Plenty of people like this out there..

I say dob them in, every last one of them, just hope centrelink has the stones to do something about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Plenty of people like this out there..

I say dob them in, every last one of them, just hope centrelink has the stones to do something about it.
Agreed 100% these people **** me right off
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
CFOUR
The Destroyer

kick him in the spine, then he will need the pension.

Note the above statement is for humerus purposes, I myself have a bad back and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #29
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Yep dob him in. I to hate this going on and the slime that do it.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just report him.
Closed Thread