Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #13291
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Interesting press conference with Glady's yesterday. Asked twice if Bunning's should be open, refused to answer the question twice. I would of thought maybe for the Tradies, but the general public ?
Our local Bunning's car park was full yesterday and we are in lock down..........
If your dunny flusher fails and you are good to replace it yourself then thats an essential reason to go.

Same with if you're front door lock stuffs up and you need a new barrel, or if your water filter under the sink needs changing,

Lots of maintenance stuff in the house deemed essential that an owner can do. So then they can order the parts from Bunnings and go and collect.

See nothing wrong with that.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #13292
slowsnake
Banned

What state would we be in if there were no states or territories just one big State called Australia!...no borders just one country, no individual Parliaments except for the Federal Government in charge!

Scott Morrison is numero uno of Australia's people, what would happen with one group of Politicians running the Covid-19 pandemic!
Where would we be now!....hypothetical of course but interesting.

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 06-08-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Misspelt
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 11:34 AM   #13293
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m sorry you’re being treated this way by our country.

It’s amazing how much pressure has been placed on people like myself in Sydney to bring forward the second dose of Covid vaccine - I’m holding out, because one is possibly better then none and it would seem that if I leaned on a GP to bring it forward, that’s simply robbing somebody like you.
And.. that is the exact reason why the 2nd AZ jab was set to 12 weeks.

Apparently in the trials the results were that 2nd dose should be done between 4-6 weeks.

12 weeks came about due to the situation in the UK to give more people the first dose and some immunity rather than having people fully vaccinated while others were still waiting for their first.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #13294
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about getting the jab while having symptoms.
The list of symptoms is so generic that most without Covid will have one or 2 by default.

I had a throat infection for the past month. It was diagnosed and treated.

I had a sore throat, coughing etc.

I was also being tested for Covid every 3 days. Always negative.

When I went to get the jab I'm sure had I been totally 'honest' I would have been turned away.

I coughed a few times while waiting, and while getting the jab. No one blinked an eyelid. It's winter, people generally get the sniffles.

They really need to relax their wording as it may be scaring people off getting vaccinated that really need it but had a runny nose due to just having the cold.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #13295
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have always said, don't really care what each state decides to do in the best interest of their own residents, but when it starts endangering the rest of the country....surely you have to take some responsibility?

4 of Victoria's lock downs have been caused by interstates. 3 from one alone.

Possible Virgin flight exposures relate to Sydney man who tested positive

Quote:
The new Victorian exposure sites are related to a 31-year-old Sydney man who tested positive after arriving in Melbourne on his way to Launceston on Monday.

The man applied for a border pass on Monday morning on the same morning as his flight and then boarded the 7am Virgin VA808 plane from Sydney to Melbourne.

He spent over two hours in Melbourne airport before flying to Launceston.

Once he arrived in Tasmania it was discovered he didn’t have a valid border pass and had also visited a high-risk area in New South Wales, he was immediately placed in hotel quarantine.

On Tuesday he was tested and took a taxi to the airport to fly home to NSW on Wednesday without waiting for his test result.

Three new exposure sites have since been listed by Victorian health authorities: two Virgin Australia flights as well as one of the terminals at Melbourne Airport, bringing the state’s total number of exposure sites to 84.

Health authorities examine possible Sydney link to mystery case in Victoria
https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...057a5864f454e4

Quote:
Victorian health authorities are investigating whether a mystery case of Covid-19 is linked to relatives who travelled from Sydney.

Covid-19 commander Jeroen Weimar told reporters the infected man, who worked in a warehouse, was unlinked to a known cluster.

“We have tested his housemates that he lives with. We’re awaiting results for that test,” Mr Weimar said.

“He also has a number of relatives who live in other properties. We are testing those relatives at this point in time.

“That’s one of our lines of inquiries at the moment — that it runs through potentially a connection to the relatives.

“There is a potential further link to another set of relatives who have come back recently from Sydney.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #13296
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
One problem may be that people are perhaps more likely to “conveniently overlook” minor symptoms in order to keep a vaccination appointment - especially now there is such a clamour for Vax deLuxe.
Yes. as I said above. Perhaps if you have symptoms also get a recent test result? I did that but I can't recall if it was actually in the wording.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:52 AM   #13297
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I believe it’s near becoming an egotistical battle. Victoria and Queensland are determined to “show” NSW how it’s done.
And I feel that as a whole our national response is an egotistical battle compared to other western countries.

Gladys' aim for near zero in the community is absolutely impossible yet she will be happy to destroy the state to try and prove the world how clever she is.

Then blame us when it fails....

3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #13298
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Would you prefer the NSW ones instead: "NSW - The Too Late State".
"QLD - The Panic State"
Old 06-08-2021, 12:01 PM   #13299
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
What state would we be in if there were no states or territories just one big State called Australia!...no borders just one country, no individual Parliaments except for the Federal Government in charge!

Scott Morrison is numero uno of Australia's people, what would happen with one group of Politicians running the Covid-19 pandemic!
Where would we be now!....hypothetical of course but interesting.

Cheers Billy
New Zealand is an example. Very strict regulations even trying to get into country, NO Covid running rampant, granted its a small lace and that makes control even easier.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #13300
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I for one am looking forward to understanding some of the who, what, how, why decisions made at covid 19 national cabinet. Rex has had an exceptional record at winning these FOI challenges. Good on him.

Rex Patrick wins FoI case to release national cabinet records
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...abinet-records

Prime Minister’s office loses bid to keep Covid-19 documents secret
https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...2ce748d9fb487c

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #13301
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Wink Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
And.. that is the exact reason why the 2nd AZ jab was set to 12 weeks.

Apparently in the trials the results were that 2nd dose should be done between 4-6 weeks.

12 weeks came about due to the situation in the UK to give more people the first dose and some immunity rather than having people fully vaccinated while others were still waiting for their first.
I don't believe that is correct.

The UK are currently doing the second jab of AZ early at 8 weeks so more people are fully vaccinated. Scott Morrison has asked Sydneysiders to consider doing the same in an attempt to bring their current outbreak under contol.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends 12weeks between AZ doses. The second dose can be taken as early as 4 weeks after the first but reduces effectiveness.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...oses/100259926

Last edited by Work Horse; 06-08-2021 at 12:22 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #13302
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post

The UK are currently doing the second jab of AZ early at 8 weeks so more people are fully vaccinated. Scott Morrison has asked Sydneysiders to consider doing the same in an attempt to bring their current outbreak under contol.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends 12weeks between AZ doses. The second dose can be taken as early as 4 weeks after the first but reduces effectiveness.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi...tbreak-setting

Quote:
Earlier trials of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca suggested that there is a trend towards a higher vaccine efficacy with a longer interval between the two doses of this vaccine. The protective efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19 was 55% (95% confidence intervals [CI]: 33, 70%) when the two doses were given 4 weeks apart, compared to 81% (95% CI: 60, 91%) when given 12 weeks apart.8. On this basis, ATAGI recommends a routine preferred interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, but noted that "shortening the interval from 12 weeks to no less than 4 weeks between doses is acceptable and may be appropriate in certain circumstances, for example, imminent travel or anticipated risk of COVID-19 exposure."1

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #13303
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Could be a typo. Covid live showing 290 in hospital, 51 in ICU, 24 on vent.

Vic could be going into another snap lock down. 3 mystery cases. But I reckon they might try put some tighter restrictions first - back to indoor caps.
Certainly seems like it was a typo, T3. Today's figures:

There are currently 304 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 50 people in intensive care, 22 of whom require ventilation.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 06-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #13304
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 5th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

304 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR is 2.634%. NSW set a new daily high with 268 cases.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.903%.

The UK had a higher 29,825 cases yesterday and lower 86 deaths for a CMR of 2.174%.

A lower 116,607 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 658 deaths sees CMR at 1.745%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 201M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Africa sets a new daily case high of 50,948;
Europe passes 52M cases;

Guadeloupe (4,318) - reporting weekly;
Morocco
(12,039);
Japan (14,211);
Malaysia (20,596); and
Thailand (20,920)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 07-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #13305
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

A question?… How many commenting in this thread have been impacted financially by these continual lockdowns?
Ok, I ain’t there… However, talking to family, friends etc back in Oz, the feedback I get is if you’re still getting paid, they back govco unquestionably with their lockdown rules?
I spoke to a good mate last night who owns some substantial commercial property in Melbs West… he estimates he )is out of pocket well over a mil in the last 18 months with tenants unable to pay legally contracted leases… Help from Gov? Zilch!
Said mate ain’t a millionaire either, he’s similar age to me (65) and has worked his ring off to get there… these properties were to be his superannuation… Stands to lose everything unless he can get new tenants..
He is absolutely beside himself with severe depression…
And I’m sure there are thousands of similar stories Australia wide?
So, come on, fess up… Who HERE have been financially impacted by these rules?
Versus those WHO have continued to receive their weekly/monthly salaries, and wanta throw rocks at those that dare protest these previously unheard of restrictions??
I swear, it’s ONLY when it hits your own pocket that you question??
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 06-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #13306
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post

Like I said, apparently. I heard the statement regarding the 12 weeks from a Dr doing and interview on the radio because people were calling in questioning the change in gap.

But then I found this:

Quote:
COVID-19: extending the gap between vaccine doses was the right thing to do
June 28, 2021

Increasing the gap between COVID-19 vaccine doses (up to a maximum of 12 weeks) was one of the more controversial decisions made by the UK government during the pandemic. Medical experts came out for and against the plan when it was announced in January 2021. Faced with the new delta variant, experts are once again questioning if it was the right course of action.

By delaying the second dose – which tops up and lengthens the effect of the first – the aim was to bring forward the point at which people could get their initial vaccination, giving them some protection against the virus sooner. This was desirable because in early January, the UK was in a terrible position. Over 1,000 COVID-19 patients were dying each day and over 35,000 were in hospital. Future vaccine supplies were also not guaranteed.

However, delaying the second dose leaves people without the fullest possible protection against COVID-19 for longer, and the newly dominant delta variant appears to be less well managed by a single vaccine dose than previous forms of the virus. Nevertheless, I would argue that the decision to increase the gap between doses was still the right one to make at the time.
https://theconversation.com/covid-19...g-to-do-163293

Absolutely extending the second dose to 12 weeks is ideal but bringing it forward only resulted in a small reduction in protection.

So, it could be argued that my statement was correct in that the UK was in a bad state and they saw the urgency of giving more people at least one dose was the priority over full vaccination, hence dragging out the second dose to facilitate that.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #13307
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Versus those WHO have continued to receive their weekly/monthly salaries, and wanta throw rocks at those that dare protest these previously unheard of restrictions??
Me, absolutely.

Worked 2-3 days a week as a casual school teacher. Worked 3 shifts in the CBD as a concierge.

Income was circa $1800 a week.

Both stopped.

Now receiving $600 a week, soon to be $750.

I have a bit of emergency coin in the bank so not complaining, but living alone and not being able to see friends and family as well as work friends and my students hurts far far more than the hit to the bank balance.

7 weeks ago I applied for a refinance of one of my investment properties. All good.

They called for updated payslips a few weeks ago before finalising, of which I couldn't provide.

Sorry, you are now unemployed, we can no longer provide you the finance you requested. Come back to us once you're back at work.

Absolute robots. Looking at other options and will move all my business to the bank that uses common sense rather than a computer to make their decisions.

You bet I told them...

5 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #13308
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
A question?… How many commenting in this thread have been impacted financially by these continual lockdowns?
I have been financially impacted, moreso since my father’s death but the scope of costs would include some things I deferred in the short term prior. Most of the numbers accruing are where I am effectively blocked from doing a job myself and have to outsource at a greater cost and risk of lower standards. It’s my intention to start a running tally and consider joining a class action if the lack of clearly stated, realistically attainable goals continues.

A neighbour is in similar position to your mate, he could see the finish line on a small distribution hub they’re building near Penrith. No point fixing steel now, can’t get enough steelfixers or concretors, and now the copper rough-in has all been robbed.

I don’t think Tim and Terry are hurting, they’re one of the few roof tiling firms not in the Bekaa Valley Bankstown LGA!
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #13309
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Redundant post, contents merged.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #13310
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

While we debate the merits of lockdowns and their timings, let's get some perspective.

In the last 10 days, Australia has recorded 2,308 cases and 10 deaths which even though we now have case numbers above the 90th percentile (235) is still only 9.05 cases per 100k of population.

Contrast that with some countries that are in real trouble over the current 10 day period. All figures are per 100k of total population: Turkey (335), Thailand (344), Portugal (360), Ireland (362), USA (368), Tunisia (376), Israel (381), Iraq (393), Iran (516), Libya (517), Kazakhstan (537), UK (560), Spain (679), Malaysia (738), Cypress (759), Georgia (1,015), Cuba (1,081) and Bangladesh (1,108).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #13311
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok, I ain’t there… However, talking to family, friends etc back in Oz, the feedback I get is if you’re still getting paid, they back govco unquestionably with their lockdown rules?
I spoke to a good mate last night who owns some substantial commercial property in Melbs West… he estimates he )is out of pocket well over a mil in the last 18 months with tenants unable to pay legally contracted leases… Help from Gov? Zilch!
Said mate ain’t a millionaire either, he’s similar age to me (65) and has worked his ring off to get there… these properties were to be his superannuation… Stands to lose everything unless he can get new tenants..
Fair question Charlie. I haven't been financially impacted, but having an extended family that reaches far and wide across the globe, I have lost 7 family or friends to covid. All under the age of 80, a couple in their 50s, none which were "on their last legs". 5 in the last 2 months.

I am 110% for gov giving financial support to those that need it. IMHO banks should be asked to help more, e.g. halt repayments for landlords who can then pass it on to renters, or absorb some of the missing income. That will probably hit people's investment accounts incl super etc in the short term, but we can all do a bit of heavy lifting? What ticks me off is when millions are going to companies that made record profits during the pandemic.

Just my take as someone who supports short sharp "stay at homes". There are some business owners who have been impacted that I know who understand its a necessary evil, and interestingly they will know of someone who has died from Covid, but you'll never hear their stories on the news.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 03:19 PM   #13312
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im down about 50k now.

I know many have it worse than that, and have gone into debt or dipped into their assets or savings to keep business going. Im not in that position where im losing money... I missed out on making it.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #13313
slowsnake
Banned

I can see where ya coming from Charliewool, but, even folk like me on a disability or age pension are impacted, I just fuelled up, local BP while it was cheap!...91RON at $1-58c, only put half tank, Monday it was $1-78c.

Not sure if that is covid related or not, am sure my groceries are costing more because of covid, or greed blamed on covid!

No lockdowns here in WA but prices to get stuff from interstate impacts my pension.
But if I still lived and worked in Sydney I know I would be ropeable with the State Gov, and on a pension I would be ropeable to the nth degree, would be hard to survive.

Cheers Billy
Old 06-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #13314
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Charliewool that would make an interesting poll thread, dont want to get people further depressed and its not a competition either...this is f'd. (a small part of me is interested in the average as well given IMO the knife edge some people gear themselves at).

As it stands right now I am lucky, both wife and I are deemed "essential" so no impact to date, we are very fortunate. Haven't seen family but that's actually not much of a change but I have grandparents that are getting on and one with not long to go who at this rate I wont be able to see again.

Brother has a child born 1.5 years ago overseas who he hasn't even seen in the flesh! Poor decision to procreate overseas but that's life, but I cant imagine what its like to not see your child and Australia wont let him go and the home country wont let him in! Hasn't got birth certificate signed because he physically cant get there...
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #13315
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was impacted financially last year - stayed home for two and a half months and the next month only had six days’ work, but have only lost three days this year.
Last year GovCo gave me money for four and a half months (sole trader).
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #13316
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I think I've been pretty open about the impact the lockdowns have had on me. I have been very fortunate that my job means that there is likely to be little impact from the lockdowns, either past or future. I'm also the first to admit that my thinking would most likely be different if I had been personally impacted.

I certainly think there is an element of the level of financial impact upon people's position. But I also think it's a bit simplistic (the idea, not the person raising the idea) to say that ALL people who have been financially impacted question the lockdown logic, and therefore implicitly, those who haven't/aren't financially impacted don't question it.

I think there's many other factors apart from financial impact that influence a person's views. Polyal and T3 have highlighted a couple, but here's a list of things I can think of quickly:

How often you see and interact with family and friends outside of work
How much your lifestyle (social interaction, sport, travel etc) has been impacted
Whether you know of someone that have contracted Covid
Whether someone you know has been impacted financially
Dare I say it, your political views
Your health status (those who consider themselves healthy are more likely to be less concerned about catching covid as opposed to those who are more at risk).
The level of exposure to covid you have in your day to day life (ie someone in the medical field may be more conservative than someone who works in an industry located in the middle of nowhere)
Where you live and the level of exposure which accompanies that.

I'm sure there's many, many more.

Financial impact would be just one factor of many, IMHO.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #13317
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
I'm not sure I accept the premise of your question Charliewool.

My business is down 23% in profits last financial year. I usually make an increase in profit at least matching CPI.

I have received some compensation from State and Federal governments in the form of Business Costs Assistance Program and Job Keeper. In return I have stopped all work (and all income) during lockdowns.

I don't believe lockdowns are a situation unique to Australian businesses. Many countries in the world are having lockdowns few if any are compensating businesses as generously as Australian governments, both State and Federal. (We can argue that governments borrowing money to prop up business during lockdowns creates a debt for future generations to deal with). The reason lockdowns are happening all over the world is to try and deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.

I believe a better question would be, “How many commenting in this thread have been impacted financially by the Covid-19 pandemic?”

Without lockdowns Covid-19 would have still had a huge impact on the Australian economy. Would a different approach been better financially for people like your mate? Without knowing what that approach looked like it’s difficult to say. What is certain is the medical outcomes for Australia would have been far worse, especially if russellw figures are anywhere near correct.(I'm sure they are!)

I'm very sorry to hear about your mate and agree their will be others in the same boat. It is up to all of us, through taxation and government to make sure people like your mate are looked after. He should start by talking with business representatives and his local member.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:37 PM   #13318
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Personally covid has had no effect on me financially as I work for a multinational company which I consider my lucky; my work is classed as essential. I do however have a friend who was in catering who has lost everything, her mental wellbeing is a concern to family and friends.
Not Fn funny witnessing an outgoing person who had for zest of life withdrawing into themselves.
So yes the impact on small businesses is devastating to say the least.
I can honestly say I understand why people are protesting against the governments decisions at times whether right or wrong.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #13319
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mention muppetry, get muppetry.

Had the first jab in June, booked the second jab for next week.
Go to guvvy website to confirm - nothing there.
Call the info line - no appointment.

Stupid stupid people.

I’m a busy man and don’t have time for idiocy.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:10 PM   #13320
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
My apologies to all Vicotrians: I may have celebrated (even though it was a reluctant one) a little too early.
I celebrated doughnut day for you today.

Closed Thread