Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
xgrig

Default Focus engine mounts

Hi peoples

Wanting to replace the engine mounts on my LT TDCi and wondering if anyone has done it, how simple it is and what good mounts would you guys recommend

Thanks in advance guys

Dave
xgrig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
spedwards

Default Re: Focus engine mounts

I did mine in my LR ST170 last year and it was a pretty painless exercise.

While it's not the same car I'd imagine the process is the same, one either side of the engine and then another bottom rear "torque mount". Throw a jack under the engine with a lump of timber to prevent damage, slightly lift the engine and away you go - remove old and replace with new.

From memory the battery had to come out for the passenger side and a super deep socket was needed for driver side. I managed to just have enough reach on a "standard" deep socket without seating it on the extension rod properly.

I replaced mine with factory passenger and driver side mounts, and got a CFM torque mount. All purchased through CFM.
spedwards is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
xgrig

Thanks for that mate.

Do you know of any supplies in Australia of these focus mounts?
I'm even considering just getting OE ones but don't know where to get them other then through Ford :(
xgrig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
spedwards

I normally check between local Ford parts places, CFM, and ebay sellers and pick the cheapest. Sometimes CFM comes out cheaper, sometimes elsewhere.
spedwards is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post