Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Driving a Ford Endura.

A sort of reflection post but I thought I'd share if anyone is interested...
We have an Endura on loan while our Transit Custom is away delayed for a recall for the timing belt...full kit wasn't supplied to dealer so we've had the Endura for 3 days now...

Background, we have a diesel SZII Terry Titanium 2016 build as well so I was keen to compare even though Endura is an AWD Trend and not a Titanium.

Firstly all the safety tech the Terry doesn't have is present in the Endura and it all works well. The Endura feels wider and shorter but a measuring tape will only prove so.

It's quieter than the Terry and rides about the same even on 60 series 18 inch 245's (iirc). Steering is much lighter and now that I have a Vito every time I get back in the Terry I initially think, wow this is heavy until I settle in.

It's OK and that's what surprised me, it's only OK even with the same level of power and an 8 speed auto.

Maybe it's the real wheel drive bias of the Terry, the smoothness of it's V6 with the feel of an old smooth small V8 inho.., the better handling.... but I still find if I close my eyes and ask myself...."which one for the trip today?....I answer Terry every time.

Ford stuffed up with the initial pricing, should have spent the money on RHD'ing the Explorer instead....and even after all this needed something to excite you into buying one....maybe the Ecoboost V6 petrol would have done that.

In summing again it's OK, the Edge....I do keep calling it an Edge when at the dealer and not deliberately lol... but I can only imagine what a major updated Terry could have become, greater access to Ford's global tech, maybe the 3.0L Lion tdi/8 speed ZF would have been near perfection...and the Terry still handles better then some sedans...even an old Wheels (?) magazine comparison on vehicle handling placed it above the Commodore of the time which sure burnt the guts of some on the LS1 forum...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #2
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving a Ford Endura.

SZII Terry Titanium should have been given an 8 speed and it should have had 19" or 20" tyres factory. the 3.0L would have been nice.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I tend to agree with your wording, the Endura was OK.

I didn't mind driving them, but they just didn't have an X factor to them. For the price, the interior was too bland and the engine just didn't have the refinement of the V6 in the Territory.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
krypto71

I have an ST Line Endura and I love it. Economy is great. Features are all there for me. I have a weekend car if I want a fun drive so the Endura has plenty of power for family duties for me. I loved my Territory I had before it but don't regret buying the Endura. Looks better too IMO.

Cheers
Steve
krypto71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #5
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
I have an ST Line Endura and I love it. Economy is great. Features are all there for me. I have a weekend car if I want a fun drive so the Endura has plenty of power for family duties for me. I loved my Territory I had before it but don't regret buying the Endura. Looks better too IMO.

Cheers
Steve
Definitely respect your opinion. I just feel it could have been so much more. For a short time it even had in the UK a higher output 170kW+ diesel model as well as the Ecoboost petrol sold in N/A.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post