Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
slvwpn v2.0

Default Mechanic (newcastle)

has any got any suggestions on a good mechanic around newcastle for service, tune ups and what not

thanks for your help

slvwpn v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Western side of lake macquarie I and almost every person I know recommends Hilly's! Great bunch of guys who are helpful as! Shame he's a Holden fanboy (the owner),

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about Tony's mechanical at Edgeworth? Heard they are quite good.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Aithom
Starter Motor

In my time driving (just a few years!) I've mainly used two garages in Newcastle:

Skaza's Automative at Cardiff. They do great work and Peter Skaza really knows his stuff, but they are so great they can be fairly busy with one or two week wait times. Also most times an apprentice will work on your car under Peter's loose supervision (not necessarily a bad thing but it bugs some people). If you're prepared to wait (and pay a bit) it's a really good place.
(02) 49 54 69 61
8/28 Pendlebury Road, Cardiff

Izzo Autos on Maitland Road. Anytime I've had a problem with my Supra I just drop in and Max will always have a look and can diagnose problems pretty quickly. As far as I know they'd do services, tune ups etc of late model cars. It's a pretty quiet garage but the work is good, there's not much of a wait time and costs are reasonable.
(02) 49 61 44 47
194 Maitland Road, Islington

I can't say that these are necessarily 'better' then all the other garages in Newcastle as I've only ever used a few, but I have only had good experiences with the above.
Aithom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
XTRMGT
Starter Motor

Black Track Dyno & Performance Center at Thornton.
XTRMGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRMGT
I wouldnt take my billy cart there! to give you an idea they just had their nizpro alliance dealer licence removed due to lack of service.
my brother took his soarer there after a single turbo conversion and was told it wouldnt be looked at unless he was willing to put down 3.5k for injectors, fuel pump, aftermarket ecu and a few other bits. All he wanted was a fuel cut defender and a dyno run to make sure it was safe, got what he wanted for $350 at another shop.

If its just a general lube service your after I recommend the work shop at caltex raymond terrace.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRMGT
ive never recieved worse service than when i went there, the guy cant even be bothered answering the phone so i drove 40mins to see him only to be stuffed around
Old 18-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr82nv
I wouldnt take my billy cart there! to give you an idea they just had their nizpro alliance dealer licence removed due to lack of service.
my brother took his soarer there after a single turbo conversion and was told it wouldnt be looked at unless he was willing to put down 3.5k for injectors, fuel pump, aftermarket ecu and a few other bits. All he wanted was a fuel cut defender and a dyno run to make sure it was safe, got what he wanted for $350 at another shop.

If its just a general lube service your after I recommend the work shop at caltex raymond terrace.
he looked after me when i did a bearing in the magna, id recommend him too

anything performance wise id go to sydney
Old 18-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithom
In my time driving (just a few years!) I've mainly used two garages in Newcastle:

Skaza's Automative at Cardiff. They do great work and Peter Skaza really knows his stuff, but they are so great they can be fairly busy with one or two week wait times. Also most times an apprentice will work on your car under Peter's loose supervision (not necessarily a bad thing but it bugs some people). If you're prepared to wait (and pay a bit) it's a really good place.
(02) 49 54 69 61
8/28 Pendlebury Road, Cardiff
As you can see in my signature, I have done some dyno time at Skaza's @ Cardiff. They know plenty of cars. Always busy though.

My regular mechanic - around the corner from me - I have gone to for nearly 10years. DiNardo's at Brunker Rd, Adamstown. Great service, reasonable prices and thorough. They'll show you the parts, explain any problems etc. Johny & Donny are good blokes.

If you go there, tell them that I (Phil) with the 2 Falcons recommended them. Either place you'll be well served.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dunno where your located in Newcastle, but Ian Rose Automotive in Rutherford is also extremely good (he is the guy with VW bug addiction)

Ive used him for years for general work and he is excellent
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post