Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2024, 08:35 PM   #35
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australian Family Cars: We have gone so far backwards since 2016...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
In the dry it is fine.

You need to be gentle in the wet ... 420Nm (on E10 .. more on PULP) at 2000rpm in the wet at the front wheels is ..... interesting to say the least.

If you tip it in with a bit of stick ... the torque vectoring is noticable as it will brake one wheel momentarily (nothing harsh) to pitch the weight to that outer front to get the most grip on it.

The 225/45R19 Bridgestones look a little undertyred for my liking ... but they do a decent job ... weird and expensive size .... I managed to get a screw in the corner tread block fairly new ... so had to get a new tyre.

Its a fairly comfy ride ... with a decent middle ground ... not overly hard or soft ... will definitely a feel a thud if you hit a harsh bump/pothole. But you can punt it around a nice piece of country road and have some fun. The way the engine/turbo is setup is for seamless flow of low-mid torque ... there is not top end in it ... it likes to upshift anyway before redline ... even in manual mode as well.

Its deceivingly quick around town .... not a racer though ... but I haven't really "flogged it" its not that sort of car really. You can manually shift with the "little" paddles while still in Auto (non-manual mode) ... if you decide you need a quick downshift or 2 or 3 to get your out of trouble ... and it will hold it for a short time ... but revert to Auto again if not further manual shift changes are noticed ... this I have found handy.

SPORT Mode feels weird and hangs onto gears too long .... for the way all the torque is low ... NORMAL is best for daily use.

I could go on ... my wife drives it more than I do though .... when I get a chance I take it out though.
Great description! Last trip over west we decided to hang a right at Salmon Gums and went backroads gravel after heavy rain in slushy mushy conditions, coming out just before the Nickel mine at Ravy... Did that in Dad's old VY and was wishing we had the AWD Terry which would have chomped the conditions and tracked straight and true. I can imagine the interesting wet road experience, I really can! The VY had it's moments!