Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #61
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

*idiots that cruise slower than the speed limit in the right lane and morons that don't pay attention and pull out in front of you cause they were on the phone and have the cheak to give a sarcastic smile..
*trucks that speed way more than the limit in ****ing down rain..
*idiot bike riders that only just got their bike and permit to ride and still have no idea how to ride, then try to overtake traffic nearly causing kaos with surrounding cars, and having the nerve to get smart.. you idiots give us riders a bad name!!!!!!
*police on their phone whilst driving.. (saw this today..wish i had my phone camera..but guess who would have copped the fine)
*left lane ends and its too fricken hard for the moron in the right to let you in as they speed up to cut you off, and you end up behind them anyway...?? wtf???
*new drivers going 60k's in the right lane when it's 80k's.. and tossers with shiny gaylord cars with a 20 inch exhaust pipe fart arsing around on the freeway.. wish i had a bull bar on my ute...!!!
Old 13-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #62
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Impatience of drivers cruising up a free lane and then "push" their way into a lane of queuing traffic.
This irritates me. There is usually a sign saying the left lane ends, so instead of merging in that time, and keeping traffic flowing, they shoot right up to the end of the lane and push in, making everyone they just passed stop for them, and backing up traffic especially when it's heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro xr
Hilux drivers coming up and blocking views at intersections seemingly on purpose.
Happens to me at the bottom of my street. I'll be waiting to turn right, and then look left to see if it's clear, and can't see through them, waiting to turn left. You can see over my car, how hard is it to sit back a little????

Other thing that happens to me a lot in the bus, is idiots in cars on the M4/M5 who want the next exit, just as I'm passing it, and decide they have to overtake me on the right, then cut across to the left in front of me, when they could have just stayed where they were and moved over a second later. Seriously? WTF is that about??

Oh and people who don't understand what the "Do not overtake turning vehicle" sign on the back of trucks and buses means, so come flying up the inside, then have the audacity to honk at/abuse me, when they've now suddenly run out of room because I'm half way around the corner in front of them.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 13-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #63
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
This irritates me. There is usually a sign saying the left lane ends, so instead of merging in that time, and keeping traffic flowing, they shoot right up to the end of the lane and push in, making everyone they just passed stop for them, and backing up traffic especially when it's heavy.

That irritates the crap out of me too, if they just merged at the first sign we would all flow through at the speed limit or close to it, but no they just have to push ahead and slow everyone else down whilst they try and merge back in at the last moment.

Personally if I have been patiently waiting in the traffic in the lane that continues and someone comes up on the terminating lane, jumping ahead of 20+ other people that have been waiting, I don't let them in. So easy to do by just closing up to the car in front while you all crawl through at 10 km/h.

What irritates me more is when it is a large truck/B double that does it, they should know better as they are supposed to be professional drivers.
Old 13-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #64
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

Saw another one that irritates me today

Douchebag throwing his cigarette butt out the window and using the road as his ashtray.
Old 13-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #65
want-a-XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritoryTurbo
)

Getting stuck behind someone on a single lane road doing 20 km/h under the limit and when you get to an overtaking area they do 10 km/h over...
also my BIGGEST hate!

hippies in campervans, old people, or tourists. sit 20km/h under the limit until you get an overtaking lane and they speed up so the only legal choice you have it sit behind them. then once the overtaking lane ends they're back down to 30km/h below the limit!
Old 13-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #66
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remembered one that raged me so much I thought I was going to explode guy overtook me on freshly resurfaced road and slotted RIGHT infront of me after the overtake SPRAYING the front of my car with gravel, Lets just say I required blood pressure meds after that little stunt. A similar thing applies to wet conditions dont jump directly infront of another vehicle after an overtake subjecting them to reduced visibility because of your spray - not to mention the water off your dirty 4by is mud encrusted and makes my car filthy, spend a LITTLE longer in the overtake lane and make more of a gap before you cut infront of me to reduce the amount of spray my car is subjected to.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 13-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #67
MuztangNZ

I drive a lot of KMs in a year as part of my job and the thing I get really wound up about is on holiday weekends when you get every desk jocky in the city who wants to head away and they cant drive for !%#*. They havent driven on a highway since the last long weekend and they have NO idea on how to drive. School holidays are the same, you can tell the difference between professional, regular drivers and the weekend warriors. It's no wonder the road toll is so high! It's also the reason i choose not to head away any more for holiday weekends, it's just too dangerous....
Old 13-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #68
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau Stable
Saw another one that irritates me today

Douchebag throwing his cigarette butt out the window and using the road as his ashtray.
These clowns need beating around the head with something hard and heavy, that behaviour has led to bushfires. Forming a habit of it doing in cities will only lead to you doing it in the bush too.
Old 13-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #69
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Ok to ad to the rant,

-The people who pullout/pull in front of you & require you to perform an evasive maneuver/ emergency brake. Admittedly I show my appreciation via my steering wheel activated "thank you" button. & They give YOU the bird. Ah WTF? You did the wrong thing. Not me.

-Pulling out on to a dual lane highway/road. Now of course nothing dangerous here but I live 2k's from the Warrego Hwy, & sometimes trying to pull out onto it is a 1 min wait. or more. Sometimes the traffic is just spaced far enough apart for car, after ca,r after 4WD, after truck, after bus, after car, that is just enough to fit into if you accelerate harder than you want, but NOT quite enough if you dont, that its just a monumental wait. Is it that hard to shift your finger 1 inch, one measly inch, turn your steering wheel 10deg to the right, then 10deg back to centre, into the right lane, then vice versa back into the left after you pass the intersection or Petrol Station that the car is trying to pull out of? I do, i move constantly into the right lane on the Warrego Hwy (& other roads) to let these people in. They have places to get to, same as myself. Its called courtesy. Sure it might be blurring the "keep left unless overtaking" rule. But its for a good cause & stops these people that think they have enough room to merge, but dont, & cause an accident.

-As above what gets me worse is these people who move back into the left lane just as your about to merge into it because they were in the right, & had enough room...

-Ignorance: By this I mean: The drivers out there (& this IS stereo typing) such as this
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII - Should road cars be speed limited thread
Now I may be stereo-typing here, but this is just an example. The same arguement can be made for any age group/sex/race etc, but to me this is usually the worst.

I dont know how many 17-25 year old women know how to control their car. I mean REALLY control their car. This was highlighted this week by my (only) ex-girlfriend. Some how she lost control of her KIA RIO, spun around into the other lane, & rollled the nose of the car along the concrete barriers at Redbank. It put the cars nose out of joint, & bent the drivers guard but thats it. All the other cars, & truck managed to stop behind her safely.

She is fine, the airbags didnt deploy, but she has a little bruising from the seatbelt if you get my drift, however I cannot remember accuratley the amount of times I got a call from her in rain saying that she was scared to drive... She doesnt know what under or oversteer is, drives pretty much mindlessly along with her radio at full volume... Now Im not judging, because I wasn't there. I have given her the benifit of the doubt on this one... The accident was just one of those things that can happen.. There's a number of scenarios that could have played out. But It has got me thinking. How one earth did she loose control THERE?
Most drivers don't know about driving techniques, & these girls wouldn't know oversteer from bull queer. Its damn scary when you really think about this. How many drivers know what: understeer is, how weight shifting affects your car, at what point your particular car's ABS will cut in during an emergency brake (this is commonly met with <insert sweet young secretary voice here>"what's BAS?", my answer: "Business Activity Statement") & how to REALLY control their car. By knowing what your car can do & what your car can't do. What that car in front, behind, on the left/right of you can & cant do. Not to mention what the actual driver can & cant do! The only time this is found out is when ultimately when its too late... If they (as in the general road using public) actually knew this, how safer our raods would be. In this case ignorance is not bliss...... Its life & death, keeping a limb or having it amputated, feeling shaken & stirred, but proud you got yourself out of that situation, or the guilt for the rest of your life that if you had that knowledge beforehand.................
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 13-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #70
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
I do, i move constantly into the right lane on the Warrego Hwy (& other roads) to let these people in.
I live just off a fairly busy highway too - in most cases I'll move to the right lane to let people in. I think that many drivers are in their own world to some degree and either don't notice people waiting to turn onto the highway, or it just doesn't occur to them to move over.

Quote:
Most drivers don't know about driving techniques, & these girls wouldn't know oversteer from bull queer. Its damn scary when you really think about this. How many drivers know what: understeer is, how weight shifting affects your car, at what point your particular car's ABS will cut in during an emergency brake
Compulsory advanced driver training for everyone would be good... Imagine the difference that could make to our driving experience
Old 13-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #71
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 13-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #72
want-a-XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

-Ignorance: By this I mean: The drivers out there (& this IS stereo typing) such as this

Most drivers don't know about driving techniques, & these girls wouldn't know oversteer from bull queer. Its damn scary when you really think about this. How many drivers know what: understeer is, how weight shifting affects your car, at what point your particular car's ABS will cut in during an emergency brake (this is commonly met with <insert sweet young secretary voice here>"what's BAS?", my answer: "Business Activity Statement") & how to REALLY control their car. By knowing what your car can do & what your car can't do. What that car in front, behind, on the left/right of you can & cant do. Not to mention what the actual driver can & cant do! The only time this is found out is when ultimately when its too late... If they (as in the general road using public) actually knew this, how safer our raods would be. In this case ignorance is not bliss...... Its life & death, keeping a limb or having it amputated, feeling shaken & stirred, but proud you got yourself out of that situation, or the guilt for the rest of your life that if you had that knowledge beforehand.................
i think a lot of that is to do with actually being interested in 'driving' as opposed from a method of getting from "a" to "b". i've driven with both types of drivers, and those interested in driving know how to control the car if it understeers or understeers etc, and those just interested in getting to where they want to go have absolutely no idea!
Old 13-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #73
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

This isn't a pet peeve as such, but this kinda baffles/bugs me just the same. i'm sure others have seen it before. What is the deal with this? I see people travelling in a single lane road, residential area. 50km limit. They want to turn right, slow down and indicate, then take a half metre swing to the left before making their turn. Ummm.... it's not a race track. No need to hug the sides for maximum grip/speed to take the corner!
Old 13-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #74
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
This isn't a pet peeve as such, but this kinda baffles/bugs me just the same. i'm sure others have seen it before. What is the deal with this? I see people travelling in a single lane road, residential area. 50km limit. They want to turn right, slow down and indicate, then take a half metre swing to the left before making their turn. Ummm.... it's not a race track. No need to hug the sides for maximum grip/speed to take the corner!
Truck driver, and just do so from habit???
Old 13-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #75
krt10
eskyman

people who dont know how to enter a freeway. by that i mean instead of backing off and merging (even if it means slowing to 80/90) they stomp on the brakes and come to a complete stop. then the person following too close behind rear ends them and pushes them into the freeway where they get hit yet again.
i kid you not i see at least 4 a month going to or coming home from work.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #76
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Truck driver, and just do so from habit???

I have thought of it, but what of all the girls and lets say ethnic groups who are not known for Semi/Prime mover driving?
Old 13-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #77
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
I have thought of it, but what of all the girls and lets say ethnic groups who are not known for Semi/Prime mover driving?
Whoa! Sexist and rascist in one hit.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #78
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Quote:
Old 13-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #79
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's mostly corolla drivers who do that stupid opposite swing thing. They are just idiots and have no idea what they are doing.
You don't need 2 lanes to turn a friggin corolla.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #80
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah pet peeves... i have one and only one.

Ignorance.

Ive been driving (on P1) for less than a year, and the drivers (mostly young, but plenty of full licenced) i see make me feel way experienced and skillfull (which im most definatly not, have driven thousands of kms since though ). It seems like they have their own rules which is fine with if they dont utilise it on public roads.

Im finding that roundabouts are just somthing you drive around, you know, just hit it at 50 like its an everyday curve in the road....i now know how no ABS feels like.
How do you Canberians survive out there??!!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 13-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #81
F6T
Has V8 envy

People that bust their guts to pull out of an intersection right in front of you (when there is no-one behind you) and then drive like Ma & Pa Kettle. It's like...wouldn't you just let me go past first?!!

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
Old 13-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #82
JimNiki
71Mach1

Guys, I've been testing a theory of mine for quite a while now and I feel that it has passed the test of time.
It is Toyota drivers.
Toyotas are overrepresented in many idiotic drivers I see on the road.
I don't mean hoons in vn's and vr's driving stupid. These people are are lot worse.
These people have dillusions of mediocrity!

They are:

oblivious to their surroundings
their longsight doesn't go past the taillights of the car in front
drive dangerously slow (most don't differentiate between lanes)

My theory is that people who have little confidence in cars and driving in general buy toyotas because they've heard that they're reliable.
Nothing else matters! It's an appliance which gets them from a to b.

I won't bother stereotyping as most of us know who they are...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 13-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #83
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
Guys, I've been testing a theory of mine for quite a while now and I feel that it has passed the test of time.
It is Toyota drivers.
I don't mean hoons in vn's and vr's driving stupid. These people are are lot worse.

They are:

My theory is that people who have little confidence in cars and driving in general buy toyotas because they've heard that they're reliable.

Problem is they are migrating to cheaper Korean alternatives. Generally I try to avoid all these cars on the road.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 14-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #84
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
It is Toyota drivers.

They are:

HERE HERE

Had a Toyota driver driving dead in the middle of two lanes a while ago. Beeping it did nothing, probably just made them more confused.
Old 14-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #85
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Problem is they are migrating to cheaper Korean alternatives. Generally I try to avoid all these cars on the road.
You're not the only one with that theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXT7gfkXnw

If you drive a crap car because you have no interest in cars, then you can't be any good at something you have no interest in. Therefore your licence should be taken away.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #86
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
The woman who asked me at an F3 crash scene once; "did this accident happen here"?? (No lady it occured 6 miles away).

She was white but cute. Probably makes me a racist and her sexy?

My locals enforced the fog light business just last night @ an RBT at Belmont, NSW. Happy days:-)
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 14-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #87
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
If I've been doing a lot of k's at work, and not in the car for awhile, I turn corners a bit later than necessary before I get used to being back in the car.
It also feels very claustrophobic for a little while, and everything looks wrong because I'm not so high up.
Once, on the way home I moved into the centre lane to turn left out of habit.
Lucky I realised before I actually tried to make the turn.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 14-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #88
Jimmyd
Banned

Victorians.

No, seriously, living in a tourist mecca you get to see some pretty atrocious driving....

Everyone:
learn how to read roadsigns - when it says "keep left unless overtaking" it is not a suggestion...

roundabouts - read the road rules, then drive

Stop signs - again, not a suggestion - stop means stop

Emergency vehicles - hear siren, pull to the left and let them past

Rubbernecks - wackers that drive one of the finest cruising roads in Australia, the Captain Cook Highway from Cairns to Port Douglas, at 30kph and swerve across lanes pointing at the scenery.

Americans:
figure out which side of the road to drive on, particulalry divided roads

Backpackers:
no, your clapped out 1984 Nissan Urvan is not a Ferrari and you should not be hogging the ridiculously short 500 metre long overtaking lanes trying to sneak past that b-double.

Old 14-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #89
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep and regardless of how accurate it may be you just can't say it because being right is overruled by being politically correct every time.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #90
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is Toyota drivers.

They are:

Hallelujah , someone else who recognises this phonomenon . A few years back an unfortunate local couple were killed by an imbecile in a V8 Commode drag racing another V8 Commode , they ( the couple ) were driving a Camry and although technically 100 innocent they some how managed to be totally oblivious to 2 screaming V8 cars closing on them at a frightening rate of knots . My experience on the roads and I spend a LOT of time on them being a rep is that 99% of Toyota drivers from Yaris's to Lexi are totally and i mean TOTALLY situationally unaware , absolutely oblivious to where they are and what they are doing , the ironic part of all this is I am witnessing this from behind the wheel of an Aurion ( company car ) .
Closed Thread