Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #61
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Morals..??.. the **** i've had to deal with at two separate Stealerships had none whatsoever.. its all about leverage and once they've got YOUR money they can be very difficult to come around on a LOT of issues you may have......
Old 25-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #62
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
There is a difference between morals in the real world and what is being discussed. It is not immoral to pay up, nor is it immoral to play by the same rules as the other parties to a contract. Its business, and that is the way not only businesses play it, but also the laws that govern business. Lets not pretend motor dealers in general, let alone Ford Dealers play a fair game. I mean, some, have been caught winding back the clock and far worse. They are on par with banks as far as 'fair' and 'moral' goes.

Fail to read the fine print of a very long contract, while having no proof the salesman told you something contrary to the terms of the contract, and see where you stand legally.

Its nothing personal, its just business. That wasnt invented by average Joe, it was invented to take advantage of him.

Don't take it personally - but I tend not to agree with your rationale.
If a mistake has been made - rectify, and move on.

The op's post was asking members on a public forum what they would suggest or do in the op's situation.

I tend to stand with my response.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #63
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Thread has left me speechless.

With you 100% ltd.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #64
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Morals!? Karma!?

The amount of crap I have had to deal with from Ford Dealers makes me feel like doing them no favours! I would tell them to rack off.

As if they would have contacted you if they overcharged you?! How many people do they rip off daily with their overpriced services, parts and low ball trade in figures?

Chalk this one up as a win for the little guy.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #65
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
Morals!? Karma!?

The amount of crap I have had to deal with from Ford Dealers makes me feel like doing them no favours! I would tell them to rack off.

As if they would have contacted you if they overcharged you?! How many people do they rip off daily with their overpriced services, parts and low ball trade in figures?

Chalk this one up as a win for the little guy.
Amen brother.... all the do gooders saying its wrong have obviously never been on the recieving end of a Stealership do over.... buying the car of your dreams with a few issues then being ****** over that much so you just go away.. sleepless nights man........
Old 25-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Wow, I can't believe some of the dross I'm reading.
Some of you actually advocate trying to rip off the dealer?

I suppose none of you sanctioning such actions have ever made a mistake, have never missed a sum or never made such an error that your job could be on the line have you? As presented, the facts are the dealer made quite a big mistake. The person who made this mistake is probably quite concerned for their job security, has come across fordforums.com.au where supposed Ford supporters call them “Fraud Stealers” and compounded matters by cooking up some scenario to get the OP back in to rectify it. That’s their mistake, but then again they’ve probably made this mistake before and had some low troglodyte “stick it to them”; you know the type of person who gets too much change at the shop from a little old lady and keeps it. These people are exactly what’s wrong with society these days; a total lack of empathy.
Have a look at a couple of recent issues in the pub, one guys car damaged, another reversed into – all because of a lack of empathy. It’s prevalent in society and it’s just getting worse, like a cancer.

I’m not too big to admit I’ve made plenty of mistakes and thankfully people have been graceful about it, not punitive. If you want to live in a punitive, pugilist society then go ahead, act like a barbarian now. Teach your children the morals that only apply to others and not yourself; that cheating is OK as long as you benefit at the behest of others. Then come here to fordforums.com.au to whinge and moan about how wrong society is. Don’t blame GenY, they’re just following on from the examples that WE set.

To the OP, in all contracts there is a cooling off period and both parties are able to rescind the contract for whatever reason before an arbitrator. If an honest mistake has been made on the written agreement which contradicts the initial verbal agreement, then the dealer has the right to present his claim before an arbiter for the purpose of remedy. This sounds like a good avenue for negotiation but in my experience, after all the expense of representation (you’d want some representation) as well as all the inconvenience, you’ll end up out of pocket and will have made several enemies within the dealership and beyond. Pay the difference, be nice about it and be proud of the fact that you have done your bit to be honest and fair – by all accounts it seems to be a dying commodity.
We all make mistakes at times and at the end of the day most of us wear the cost of those mistakes if we are good business people and want to look after our customers and retain them in the future. If it was me who made the mistake I would have contacted the customer, alluded them to the issue then said lets meet halfway and Ill give you your first service free.. Has the dealer done this? no they have lied to the customer to try and fix the issue without the customer realising by using some stupid ploy which is probably illegal neways!!

As I said if the dealer or individual had been honest with him in the issue it self then I would suggest he go and make some sort of arrangement with them.Its not about ripping them off its about them being honest in the first place instead of playing the silly little games they are good at. I really cannot believe what im reading... Dealers walk all over people all the time and use silly tactics to rip them off yet we have to treat them like saints because its all good and proper..

Neways im off to church now, lord bless.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 25-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #67
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XlR8TED
I will end up doing the right thing, but I think I might make them sweat it a bit.

What would you guys do?
Can't believe this thread has turned into a dealership slang fest. Good lord - shaft or get shafted syndrome at it's worst.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #68
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
We all make mistakes at times ....

.....they have lied to the customer to try and fix the issue without the customer realising by using some stupid ploy which is probably illegal neways!!

As I said if the dealer or individual had been honest with him in the issue it self then I would suggest he go and make some sort of arrangement with them.

Its not about ripping them off its about them being honest in the first place instead of playing the silly little games they are good at. I really cannot believe what im reading...

Dealers walk all over people all the time and use silly tactics to rip them off yet we have to treat them like saints because its all good in proper..
I broke your post up but only to highlight the truth in it. A dealer once refused me warranty because "it's so late in the warranty that it must not be our fault" FFS.

Fraud Stealers (quite an apt term and the gravity of it being said by Ford Enthusiasts is not lost on me) have made their beds with respect to how we perceive them.

We walk in bright eyed and bushy tailed drooling over the objects of our desire, pour out $30/50/80k to get one and inch by inch get the very roughest of the pineapple they can find until we think of them as nothing more than lying, thieving scum that will try absolutely anything on to rip us blind and further their own interests.

I have zero compassion for the Ford Dealers that have been unreasonable to me, I truly hope they go broke and someone better fills their position in the market.

Anyone who knows my past will know I take an informed position.

At the end of the day, if the dealer called the OP and said "hey, we've buggered up - can you please come in and work it through this with us" it probably wouldn't have even have made it to the forum.

But they lied, deceived and tried to trick the OP. F 'em.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #69
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its each parties responsiblity to read and understand a contract before they sign it. They have obviously been careless when preparing the contract. You have to do what you believe is right but I think all the times the "average joe" has been caught out by the fine print in a contract to their disadvantage. If they do the right thing by you and are honest then maybe come to a compromise. If not the law is on your side.

Perhaps you should offer to pay them back the difference after you see what their customer service like during the life of the warranty on your XR5. If they treat you well pay them, if they try to stiff you keep it.

Clinton
Old 25-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #70
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Don't take it personally - but I tend not to agree with your rationale.
If a mistake has been made - rectify, and move on.

The op's post was asking members on a public forum what they would suggest or do in the op's situation.

I tend to stand with my response.
What? Dont take it personally ... nah Im ony joking.

I get what youre saying. Normal business deals I would agree completely.

But like has been said. Paying 80k, and then a year later trading on another 80k car, but only getting 50 for yours, and having paid insanely to maintain it well enough to get 50? And they put it out for 65. Not to re-mention the 'sorry, its all your fault' attitude to warranty claims. Or the industry's history of winding back speedos, tarting up tired old trades etc etc.

The only difference when they shaft, is there is no lube at all, and as mentioned above, they like to grab the roughest pineapple, and use the roughest end.

To me, its like hearing some car thief, just came out and found his car park space unexpectedly empty. You just want to be there to see the look on his face.
Old 25-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #71
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Can't believe this thread has turned into a dealership slang fest. Good lord - shaft or get shafted syndrome at it's worst.
dropped $70k+ on a new car recently..??.. then been thoroughly screwed over afterwards..??.......
Old 25-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #72
ltd
Force Fed Fords

So what, because some of you have had a bad experience thats justification to punish others? No offence, but that's really poor form. Ford dealerships are businesses. They need customers to survive. If you've had a bad experience don't go back to them - it's your choice. If they've blatantly ripped you off, go to the ford CRC and tell them, if no joy then try fair trading. The point is, everyone has options. You're not committed to go back to the one dealer, shop around.

Irregardless of dealership woes, where does it end? If we all started acting out trying to get revenge, in no time at all our civilisation would be anarchy. I know this may be trivial to some of you but if we take a stand for fairness now, then we can only hope to end the ever increasing number of rorts and rip offs that plague our society. Taking advantage of others is morally and ethically wrong, and I for one don't wish to live amongst those whose only joy is to rip people off. If you think Ford is one of the biggest crooks of our time, then show them your disapproval by selling your car/s and buying something else.

Quote: