Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
FLYXR8

Default picking a car club. to join

Hi all AFF members.
I have been thinking of joining a car club.
There are 2 I'm looking at but unsure to what one.
Tickford fpv car club... Or. Fpv xr car club.
I have met the fpv xr club thay seem really nice and a good car club to join.
The events thay hold look like thay would be fun and good for me and the family.

Tickford fpv car club.
Seems to all so be a good car club. Have heard a lil bit about them been on there site as well.
Have not meet up with this club yet. And haveing problems with there site not letting me sign up or in to.

Just putting this up here to see what people think of car clubs.
Or what there is to say about the 2 I'm talking bought.
Thanks Gazman.

Bf xr8 yellow 6speed auto.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Shaker scoop,cams,full twin pipe exhaust set up,rims,and more.
FLYXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: picking a car club. to join

I cant speak for the 2 mentioned

but as for car clubs you need to ask your self what your looking for, I'm a member of 3 soon to be 2 car clubs, one is a rod and kustom club the other is a car club for cars over 30 years old but of no spacific make model or modifications level

the Rod & Kustom club is very much a boys club and its full of great guys, and while the wife and kids are more than welcome at all its events, its very much a hang out to get away from the Mrs, they nail together some cool cars and if you are trying to work out a niggely problem its a great place to table your problem

the other is the oposite, its almost a club for familys that have old cars, and the wifes all get along the kids all get along, theres monthly cruzes for a breakfast one Sunday a month and the club meeting room is a local restraunt that is also part ofa cruize

your best bet is to go to a few meetings / cruizes with the clubs youve short listed and see if you "fit" if not, look at other clubs

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: picking a car club. to join

Totally agree with the yeti. Some wise words there.

Theres no reason to join both if you like them & it gives you the chance to have some more fun with your pride & joy.

Im a member of two clubs aswell. Both for the social side but one is mainly motorsport orientated, the other is more into cruises & shows.

Like the yeti said, just go along to a few events & you will work it out if you like those clubs.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: