Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #4801
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Isn't it said that strippers have self esteem issues, and do crave attention?

Hmm... someone who is seeking their personal value, looking for validation and is an exhibitionist. Who would've thought?
Mate whatever their beliefs are it has nothing to do with their job.

As far as strippers go, the vast majority of them are switched on in my experience.

A lot of uni girls are doing it for the $$$ and favourable hours. Why the **** not is what I say?

Nothing wrong with it among consenting adults as far as I'm concerned.
4 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 10:27 PM   #4802
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
https://twitter.com/BradRowswell/sta...12383218724864

I see they have made a mistake, they have given Daniel Andrews the Hindu swastika of luck and propsperity with Hitler's trademark mustache.

Nazi swastika is on an angle!
I swear I see Benny Hill in that image
This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #4803
hayseed

Quote:

Look at her in her Akubra and Landcruiser vs her work gear, you'd think it's two different people.

The working one would be her alter Ego..I'd reckon..
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 10:44 PM   #4804
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol Dan Andrews is copping a lot of **** and rightly so but the reality is, if it was not him it would be Gladys Berejiklian or Annastacia Palaszczuk dealing with this ****.

Because between those 3 states, an outbreak would have almost been a guaranteed eventually.

Elections in QLD and ACT in October. I don't think ACT will rate at all but QLD definitely will.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:25 PM   #4805
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
A lot of uni girls are doing it for the $$$ and favourable hours. Why the **** not is what I say?

Nothing wrong with it among consenting adults as far as I'm concerned.
Until its your baby girl up there dripping in sweat.

Gladys Berejiklian and Annastacia Palaszczuk can't be surely co-conspiring with foreign countries to bring down Australia surely? Then blaming it on Dan Andrews? Has anyone put swastikas on those peoples heads yet?

Just saying it smells fishy that the only bloke getting the blame for this is Australian and Roman Catholic.

Quote:
Palaszczuk was raised in the Brisbane suburb of Durack, the daughter of veteran state Labor MP Henry Palaszczuk, who was born in Germany to Polish parents.[3] Her Australian mother, Lorelle, is descended from German settlers.
Right. Ok, Polish, German Descent.

Quote:
Andrews is a practising Roman Catholic. As Health Minister during the passing of the Abortion Law Reform Act 2008, Andrews sought counsel from senior church clergy who advised him that the act was contrary to Church teaching. Andrews replied that he "... did not intend to be a Catholic health minister. It was my intention to be a Victorian health minister".
Roman Catholic. Ok.

Quote:
Berejiklian was born in Sydney, the eldest of three daughters born to Armenian immigrant parents, Krikor and Arsha.[5] Her grandparents were orphaned in the Armenian Genocide in 1915.[6] Berejiklian spoke only Armenian until she was five years old, when she began learning English.[7] She has remained involved in the Armenian-Australian community, serving a term on the Armenian National Committee of Australia.[8] In 2015, she attended a commemoration ceremony in Yerevan for the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
So no one dare put a swastica or "hindu peace symbol" on their heads. noooo.

Anyway the point being...
Quote:
Lol Dan Andrews is copping a lot of **** and rightly so but the reality is, if it was not him it would be Gladys Berejiklian or Annastacia Palaszczuk dealing with this ****.
??? I doubt that they would ever have to deal with this. I think they are completely immune from attack...

I feel like becoming a Cozza subscriber.

Last edited by gooseneck; 31-07-2020 at 11:34 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 11:31 PM   #4806
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Until its your baby girl up there dripping in sweat.

Gladys Berejiklian and Annastacia Palaszczuk can't be surely co-conspiring with foreign countries to bring down Australia surely? Then blaming it on Dan Andrews? Has anyone put swastikas on those peoples heads yet?

Right. Ok, Polish, German Descent.

Roman Catholic. Ok.

So no one dare put a swastica or "hindu peace symbol" on their heads. noooo.

I feel like becoming a Cozza subscriber.
Any name with the alphabet in it and a billion CZ's is going to be from Eastern Europe
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #4807
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WTF? I'm out for tonight 'mic drop'
2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 12:04 AM   #4808
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
there are stupid people blaming China for the current BS; do you recall SARS or MERS ? did you/they say the same or bag them ?
You think we (western society) would have contained that sh*t better, we have ars*e holes that wont even wear a simple mask. (whinge) 'dont tell me to do that'
White people have no f*cking idea about the mask stuff.
See the idiots in Vic and NSW, if we had the populous of U.S, we would look as stupid as the Americans appear.
You think whities are the reason for this current 2nd wave outbreak?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:46 AM   #4809
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Lol Dan Andrews is copping a lot of **** and rightly so ...
.. and why exactly would that be?

Should he perhaps be just locking up the 1 in 4 people that aren't staying home despite having tested positive and thus being infectious?

Or, to be more accurate, should he just lock up anyone that tests positive as we have no way of knowing who can and can't be trusted?

Or better still, if they are old and useless anyway, why not just short circuit the whole slow process and send them to the knackers yard? (Although that wouldn't help much when 64% of cases are under 50 and even 50% under 40).

How about we just send all positive cases to a purpose built camp (the Germans had some designs in WWII that we could use) that is guarded by the military?

It absolutely gives me the you-know-what when people are happy to pass judgement from the cheap seats without having to face the delicate balancing act that modern politics requires. I don't envy anyone having to make the final decision based on all all the expert advice because you can absolutely be guaranteed two things:

1. The benefit of 100% hindsight will always prove you wrong; and
2. There's bound to be some dilettante on the internet that would have done a better job.

I didn't vote for the man but I've seen nothing that either he or his CMO have done that causes me concern.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 01-08-2020, 03:24 AM   #4810
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Russ. Didn't the Victorian government outsource quarantine to private contractors which led to the mess they are in?

Last I knew he was the Premier so the buck stops with him. I'm not saying he is an evil person like a lot of the media would like to think but that was a pretty big **** up.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:28 AM   #4811
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
there are stupid people blaming China for the current BS; do you recall SARS or MERS ? did you/they say the same or bag them ?
You think we (western society) would have contained that sh*t better, we have ars*e holes that wont even wear a simple mask. (whinge) 'dont tell me to do that'
White people have no f*cking idea about the mask stuff.
See the idiots in Vic and NSW, if we had the populous of U.S, we would look as stupid as the Americans appear.

MERS = Middle East (Saudi Arabia) - Named for area of Origin

SARS = Yunnan China - Not Named for area of Origin
Russian Flu = Asiatic Flu of 1899 - Named for area of (presumed) Origin
Spanish Flu - - Named for area of (presumed) Origin
1957 Asian Flu - Named for area of (presumed) Origin (Singapore)
1968 Honk Kong Flu - Named for area of (presumed) Origin
2009 H1N1 Swine Flu - not named for area of Origin (USA/Mexico)

IMHO it is OK to call it the Wuhan Virus, but worthy of note that 2009 H1N1 should have been called the US Virus
Also note I refer not to the GFC of 2007/8, but rather I call it the US Financial Crisis
Old 01-08-2020, 05:18 AM   #4812
gooseneck
Banned

The Grim Reaper called. He doesn't want you calling it the Black Plague anymore.

He's gone all PC.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #4813
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hendra virus was named after a QLD suburb.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #4814
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Hey Russ. Didn't the Victorian government outsource quarantine to private contractors which led to the mess they are in?

Last I knew he was the Premier so the buck stops with him. I'm not saying he is an evil person like a lot of the media would like to think but that was a pretty big **** up.
To be fair, the mess was caused by individuals not doing the right thing. The very fact guards were/are needed is a sad indictment on society.

If I come back from overseas and am told to isolate for two weeks, and instead I just do my own thing, that's on me.

Perhaps some would be happier if the premier took the Chinese approach and welded doors shut.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #4815
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
To be fair, the mess was caused by individuals not doing the right thing. The very fact guards were/are needed is a sad indictment on society.

If I come back from overseas and am told to isolate for two weeks, and instead I just do my own thing, that's on me.

Perhaps some would be happier if the premier took the Chinese approach and welded doors shut.
While I don’t disagree that people doing the wrong thing is beyond frustrating, using Victoria Police and or Military, rather than overnight “qualified” security would have avoided this entire situation.

Overall I think the Federal and State governments have done a pretty solid job, The Vic state government has had a number of highlighted failures that have resulted in the current situation, that’s on the individuals actions that were infected and quarantined and government decisions, and the latter part of that the buck stops with Andrews.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #4816
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

If it was deemed necessary to hire private guards (and I can see the reasoning even if it don’t agree with it) then it should have had proper oversight.
That proper oversight may have ensured correct procedures were followed, and staff were given sufficient training asap.

The talk of guards being hired by text message, being given one face mask for a weeks worth of shifts, not emphasised the importance of maintain the isolation, there were all critical failures.

The average security guard doesn’t know how to handle the discipline required of a viral emergency, theyre flat out handling the average shopping mall on late night shopping.

This should have been foreseen, and controlled. Not short term contracts handed out and then assumed everything was all good.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #4817
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:

Yes the Government did; exactly the same as three other States did so your point is? That this one has had a worse outcome than the other States is whose fault beside the morons who treated the hotel quarantine like a game? The real culprits are the nameless and faceless public servants who implemented the directions of the executive branch of Government when told to organise the hotel quarantine but they'll almost certainly never be held to account even internally.

As for the buck stopping with him, that's an old 'Westminster' concept from a much simpler time and a much more genteel age. Whether we like it or not, the business of Government is so far removed from the decision making process that the level of direct control is only as good as the knowledge of the Minister 'allegedly in charge'.

I'm not going to repeat what I've said before in this thread so if we get into any more political bashing in this thread, the posts will be deleted.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #4818
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
there are stupid people blaming China for the current BS; do you recall SARS or MERS ? did you/they say the same or bag them ?.
H1N1 infected 60m people worldwide, killed an estimated 500,000 people in the first year, mostly in Asia. No blame, no noise, no anger.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #4819
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

On the 19th of March 2020, Scott Morrison introduced measures to control COVID-19 within our Australian borders.

Further measures and restrictions were introduced in the following days. Then he left it up to the states and territories to handle the pandemic. Then demanded states re-open their boarders in July.

He had assumed that all of us, the Australian population - was one of intelligent, or considerate, or responsible enough to see us through this.

One should never assume. Because the word assume has made an áss out of u and me.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #4820
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

602 new cases for Australia and 8 deaths sees the CMR rise to 1.165% and active cases rise to 6,726. NSW recorded 21, WA, Queensland, SA and the NT recorded 1 each with the balance were in Victoria.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.410% and active cases fall to 22.

The UK recorded 880 new cases and 120 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.212%.

Just under 67k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,445 deaths sees CMR down to 3.350% and active cases at 47.4% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 58M, Russia 28M, the UK 16M and Canada 4M tests;
Asia records a new high for daily cases with 82,892 (and today is going to be higher);

Lebanon (221), Bosnia & Herzegovina (432), Poland (657), Venezuela (715), Uzbekistan (738), Ethiopia (915), Morocco(1,063), Iraq (3,346), Philippines (4,063) and India (57,704) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 01-08-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:29 AM   #4821
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Getting word that one if the handbag syndicate from QLD is also a sex worker - 2 so far upsetting people over COVID-19 shenanigans
3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #4822
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Getting word that one if the handbag syndicate from QLD is also a sex worker - 2 so far upsetting people over COVID-19 shenanigans
Golly Gosh, looks like you and other's missed the subtle hint I placed in #4737.

More of the story is unfolding each day.

They did go to Melbourne, to steal\handbags?
They did host a drunken party at an Airbnb. Cops got called and shut down the 'gathering'

I wonder what their clients might be thinking?

Next time I'll make it bold underlined red text, oh I just did
4 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #4823
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
On the 19th of March 2020, Scott Morrison introduced measures to control COVID-19 within our Australian borders.

Further measures and restrictions were introduced in the following days. Then he left it up to the states and territories to handle the pandemic. Then demanded states re-open their boarders in July.

He had assumed that all of us, the Australian population - was one of intelligent, or considerate, or responsible enough to see us through this.

One should never assume. Because the word assume has made an áss out of u and me.

File this under "assumed intelligent, or considerate, or responsible"

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...01-p55hke.html

the burgers are better near the border
Old 01-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #4824
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
also saw rumour that same vice was happening in the quarantine

love will tear us apart
Old 01-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #4825
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
https://twitter.com/BradRowswell/sta...12383218724864

I see they have made a mistake, they have given Daniel Andrews the Hindu swastika of luck and propsperity with Hitler's trademark mustache.

Nazi swastika is on an angle!
Found an archaeology article where they found it as the symbol chieftains would wear (well before Christianity) in remains found in northern Europe/western Russia, dated as far back as 17,000 years ago... It's really old... And yes important in Hinduism/Buddhism/Shinto religion, long before the hooked cross

My loony 2c is it represents birkeland currents visible in the northern night sky pre 12000 years ago in a time of far greater electromagnetic influence
Old 01-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #4826
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post

love will tear us apart
Police minister Lisa Neville warned about brothels today - the thing is that all the licensed venues are actually closed (or very few doing outcalls to their local areas only).

I'm assuming they're talking about the bazillion 'massage' places around Melbourne.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #4827
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Angry Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
File this under "assumed intelligent, or considerate, or responsible"

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...01-p55hke.html

the burgers are better near the border
Refusing to wear masks, having parties, going to work AFTER being diagnosed with COVID-19, and "driving 320km for a Big Mac"??

F**k each & every one of these mentally deficient, self-centred and harebrained c**ts. Totally ok with jail time for all of the above. Sick of doing the right thing & have these morons ruin it all.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #4828
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Police minister Lisa Neville warned about brothels today - the thing is that all the licensed venues are actually closed (or very few doing outcalls to their local areas only).

I'm assuming they're talking about the bazillion 'massage' places around Melbourne.
How do you know they are all closed and which ones are doing outcalls?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #4829
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

love will tear us apart
Yes, its suggested that the “love you long time" ladies, were doing the rounds here in Qld whilst infected, hence the escalation in Qld contact tracing... this has all the makings of a colossal cluster f*** (excuse the pun)
Old 01-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #4830
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
i just heard reported that in 1 in 4 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in Victoria, where self isolation was required by law, the people weren't home when Police or ADF checked on them!
Sorry - Huge fine, paid for either directly by them or from garnishing benefits / tax returns.

No OS travel till its paid. Plus 30 days in the slammer.....

We are our own bloody worst enemy. Hate the repressive restrictions, but happy to flaunt the rules out of sheer ignorance and selfishness.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread