Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #2041
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
For those worried about data collected you currently share more information about yourself if you have:-

- A mobile phone with any app that shares location data
- Any loyalty program
- A free email account like gmail etc
- A credit or debit card
- Ebay or Amazon etc
- Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter
- Probably Uber.

Except in these cases you are sharing your information with private companies who onsell this information to other private companies and build up profiles on you.

https://www.wired.com/story/foursqua...where-you-are/

The government is asking you to help out with download an app that does 1/100th of what you already freely giveaway now.

And you can delete the app anytime.
The scaremongering around this app just shows how fragile some people are.

Stuff being a politician in a democracy.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #2042
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm getting tired of all the inconsistencies with what we can and can't do.
No groups of people to gather anywhere but it's ok for kids to go to school and for teachers to interact with them, but it's not ok for kids to visit grandparents...
Minimum of 4 sqm per person except kids don't have to worry about that.
Kids aren't carriers and are unlikely to catch the virus - I guess they didn't ask the family where mum got the virus and 17 of her kids got it too.
Old 21-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #2043
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Speak for yourself...

russelw's graphs are really basic data analysis (not to trivialise them, I'm really grateful for him doing it for me). These data sets are easy. I used to work for the csiro and you'd feint if you saw the mud I had to try and pull trends out of.

Unfortunately the general population have learned not to trust data analysis because it can be driven in any direction you want if you have an agenda. Witness road safety and both sides of global warming....and this virus thing

If it's done properly, which has to include a transparent analysis and access he the raw data, it can be extremely useful. russelw has been doing a really good job of distilling the information into easily understood form. Small round of applause...
Gee, someone who knows the truth.

Can you tell us why the BOM has been deleting historic original source data of maximum temperatures?
4 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #2044
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Till the chemicals give you cancer
Dunno about that.Mechanics that I know haven’t got cancers,rather their hands are disease free and cuts etc heal up in a couple of days.As an aside their knees and wrists are stuffed from too much kneeling on hard floors and pulling/ pushing too hard on spanners

Last edited by Tassie f100; 21-04-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 21-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #2045
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
The scaremongering around this app just shows how fragile some people are.

Stuff being a politician in a democracy.
You would think the government minister and departments would be background briefing the news journalists to get them onside and aligned with the messaging.... but it's the journalists doing the scaremongering. In particular the ABC.

Not impressed about the poor rollout of this....
Old 21-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #2046
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
You would think the government minister and departments would be background briefing the news journalists to get them onside and aligned with the messaging.... but it's the journalists doing the scaremongering. In particular the ABC.

Not impressed about the poor rollout of this....
There was a time when journalists dabbled in the news.

Now it is all about gotcha and clickbait.
Old 21-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #2047
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just curious guys and girls

What are you doing for exercise in Covid 19 and to try to release pressure of life?

I am still working a lot and am under a lot of pressure at work- almost brutal- I used to sit at the beach and have lunch to unwind, went for laps in Newcastle ocean baths, and went to the gym, and every 6 months odd went rock climbing.

All that has gone. I cannot run due to a knee injury when I fell off a bicycle being towed by a motorbike when I was a kid.

I have been going for afternoon walks at about 3.00 to 4.00 pm around east end Newcastle and beaches to stretch back and legs and to get out from cabin fever but it is not enough......

Been going pressure cooker mad and had a brain fade recently releasing steam driving in wrong style in wrong place at the wrong time.

Just dusted off my bicycle and went for a ride on Sunday evening, now just waiting for saddle sore to ease - plan to go night time riding after work to release the pressure.

What about everyone else- what are you all doing to get through this and release pressure while keeping to the rules of social distancing and preventing infection (ie swallow a gob full of ocean water with covid 19 while doing laps in ocean pool)?

Yoga?

Meditation?

self levitation?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
This user likes this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #2048
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

What are you doing for exercise in Covid 19 and to try to release pressure of life?

I am still working a lot and am under a lot of pressure at work- almost brutal- I used to sit at the beach and have lunch to unwind, went for laps in Newcastle ocean baths, and went to the gym, and every 6 months odd went rock climbing.

All that has gone. I cannot run due to a knee injury when I fell off a bicycle being towed by a motorbike when I was a kid.

Been going pressure cooker mad and had a brain fade recently releasing steam driving in wrong style in wrong place at the wrong time.

Just dusted off my bicycle and went for a ride on Sunday evening, now just waiting for saddle sore to ease - plan to go night time riding after work to release the pressure.

What about everyone else- what are you all doing to get through this and release pressure while keeping to the rules of social distancing and preventing infection (ie swallow a gob full of ocean water with covid 19 while doing laps in ocean pool)?
The same as before COVID-19 - none
Old 21-04-2020, 05:23 PM   #2049
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The same as before COVID-19 - none
Franco- you sure about that

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 21-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #2050
Bent8
Long live the GT !

We are being lied to... COVID-19 is just another flu strain and they are not confirming actual deaths from the disease so they can inflate the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbYHJcMbz8

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 21-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #2051
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Boxing reflex bag and shadow boxing, wish I had bought a new weights bench before the lockdown.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #2052
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
We are being lied to... COVID-19 is just another flu strain and they are not confirming actual deaths from the disease so they can inflate the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbYHJcMbz8
I totally agree with this guy, even if he does have a cheap off the rack badly fitting suit and shirt.

I think it's shocking that the leaders of >184 countries and all the companies worldwide loosing millions (or going under) are all in on the scam.

Must be a quiet news week month year eh?
Old 21-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #2053
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

Usually a 4-5km walk with a gym session of kettle bells, slam balls and body weight exercises.

I was going to buy a rack, bar and bump plates but seems almost everywhere in the country has them on back order.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #2054
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

I have been going for afternoon walks at about 3.00 to 4.00 pm around east end Newcastle and beaches to stretch back and legs and to get out from cabin fever but it is not enough......

Yoga?

Meditation?

self levitation?
Spare bike on the wind trainer on the back deck doing 1 hour intensive workout whilst watching Barn Find Hunter episodes on Yoo-Choob.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #2055
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I did the COVID-19 test yesterday night after work at Royal Melbourne Hospital as I had some of the symptoms and I met the criteria for the test, I work in a customer facing role and I've been all over Melbourne visiting people at their workshops and I'm in the age group for the highest group of carriers without the significant symptoms.

Walk in, you have to use your phone to fill in some information, then you walk in and they give you a mask you have to put on and ask more questions verifying your personal details.

You go past the first gate keeper nurse, they take observations, blood pressure and heart rate.

Once this is done you go in further, doctor talks to you about symptoms and prods a bit further -its only now you find out you can't go to work until you get your test results. Once you're at this point there's no going back, I tried to backtrack and exit stage left because of the time off work thing without giving notice but they were rather adamant I'm not going anywhere without a test

Once this is done its into a stall, they take blood from you, a spit sample, then they put this thing like a pipe cleaner in your throat, swab your tonsils then another pipe cleaner goes all the way up your nose which feels as awesome as you can imagine it sounds.

Then its out the door back to the car.

Just got my results now - negative, I'm free to go back to work tomorrow, 24 hour turn around on results.

It was less than an hour in and out of the joint, very orderly, very nice staff.

As far as my experiences go with the Royal Melbourne Hospital, I rate this 9 out of 10.

Point lost for no prostate massage...
Old 21-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #2056
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Getting away from fingers being in places where the sun don't shine, this Twitter clip from Q&A has an interesting opinion on lockdown economic damage vs lives saved in the context of COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/QandA/status/1252492263286071297
Old 21-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #2057
superyob
Banned

Senor Cozzo, I just noticed your eye watering post count. Surely you have to give up sleep or work to scale those heights...
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #2058
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Getting away from fingers being in places where the sun don't shine, this Twitter clip from Q&A has an interesting opinion on lockdown economic damage vs lives saved in the context of COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/QandA/status/1252492263286071297
I don't know about this crew but I've seen/read/heard plenty of people scream about all the deaths that could have been prevented...

Yet some of them have been pro-abortion for the last 10 years.

We're going back, just a little bit. Not a complete reset, but it's happening.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #2059
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Senor Cozzo, I just noticed your eye watering post count. Surely you have to give up sleep or work to scale those heights...
I've spent a lot of time on the crapper over the past 10 years I've been around

Go into my profile and check out my thanks count, I'm our resident P I Staker
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #2060
black13
born to be mild

Quote:

Yoga?

Meditation?

self levitation?
Take the hound for walkies, or rode my bike through the parks near me . Then sit on my fat *** & have a few beers
triumph Daytona 1200
the black beast busa gsx1300r
Old 21-04-2020, 09:21 PM   #2061
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Is using your finger on the mouse scroll wheel to view these threads considered exercise......
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 09:59 PM   #2062
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I did the COVID-19 test yesterday night after work at Royal Melbourne Hospital as I had some of the symptoms and I met the criteria for the test, I work in a customer facing role and I've been all over Melbourne visiting people at their workshops and I'm in the age group for the highest group of carriers without the significant symptoms.

Walk in, you have to use your phone to fill in some information, then you walk in and they give you a mask you have to put on and ask more questions verifying your personal details.

You go past the first gate keeper nurse, they take observations, blood pressure and heart rate.

Once this is done you go in further, doctor talks to you about symptoms and prods a bit further -its only now you find out you can't go to work until you get your test results. Once you're at this point there's no going back, I tried to backtrack and exit stage left because of the time off work thing without giving notice but they were rather adamant I'm not going anywhere without a test

Once this is done its into a stall, they take blood from you, a spit sample, then they put this thing like a pipe cleaner in your throat, swab your tonsils then another pipe cleaner goes all the way up your nose which feels as awesome as you can imagine it sounds.

Then its out the door back to the car.

Just got my results now - negative, I'm free to go back to work tomorrow, 24 hour turn around on results.

It was less than an hour in and out of the joint, very orderly, very nice staff.

As far as my experiences go with the Royal Melbourne Hospital, I rate this 9 out of 10.

Point lost for no prostate massage...

Slightly worried now as one of my sisters is door biatch at Royal Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21-04-2020, 10:06 PM   #2063
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

-40 Minutes to 1 hour dog walk around my neighbourhood every day

-Lifting weights at home

-Going for a bike ride around Glenrock mountain bike tracks tomorrow.
I went last week and it was awesome to ride through then bush then come out to see Burwood beach. Haven't seen much nice scenery like that for a while.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #2064
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Slightly worried now as one of my sisters is door biatch at Royal Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ask her if she was the person who wouldn't let some fat woggy lookin kid with a gray 1320 Video baseball cap on walk through the hospital and made him walk around outside the building
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #2065
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Is using your finger on the mouse scroll wheel to view these threads considered exercise......
Yes. It's all exercise, including fingering. Just know your limitations.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 10:40 PM   #2066
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Usually a 4-5km walk with a gym session of kettle bells, slam balls and body weight exercises.

I was going to buy a rack, bar and bump plates but seems almost everywhere in the country has them on back order.
Seen a few posts on various media where getting home gym stuff is basically impossible at the moment.

I bought all this stuff ages ago and while I didn't use it for most of the time since I moved (2017) I've been back into the weights since November (excepting all the smoky days) so good to have it.
Old 22-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #2067
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Only in "Merica"............

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...05c0463879bdee
Old 22-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #2068
DaveD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Aww, he took one for the rest of the herd. How sweet of him.
Old 22-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #2069
PhilT2

Another trial has shown the malaria drug hydroxycloroquine to be actually worse than useless.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...irus-patients/

Another preacher has died too. Maybe prayers don't work too good either.
Old 22-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #2070
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
-40 Minutes to 1 hour dog walk around my neighbourhood every day

-Lifting weights at home

-Going for a bike ride around Glenrock mountain bike tracks tomorrow.
I went last week and it was awesome to ride through then bush then come out to see Burwood beach. Haven't seen much nice scenery like that for a while.
I have two mutts ,dear old border collie and lunatic kelpie that keep me busy when I take them somewhere for a good hour or more .

Otherwise on weekend there's a growing few things to do . I do have a ten speed Malvern Star mountain bike . Maybe I ought to get it out do a bit of tyre pumping and oiling and use that a bit . Today , tomorrow and Friday I have RDO's to use up by request from our boss .Bit of a crisp ,nippy morning in the valley so will have some time to use up . Til then my model railway needs some attention . New controller to get set up and a bridge to work more on ..

DSCF7058 by Rodney McGiveron, on Flickr....

106 by Rodney McGiveron, on Flickr..

Got to build a second one of these Walthers truss bridges for the other side of the layout .Took me ages to find one that suited ....

Keeps me occupied on cold days ...The top picture was the original layout before I made some large alterations a year or so ago but it ran beautifully thanks to the help of a fellow modeler who gave me a hand with a few things , as I did with his . Needed to make changes to allow more scope to go digital now .. Glad I did . This virus stuff gives me a bit more time I guess to run new B.U.S. wires for switch motor for turnouts and points ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 22-04-2020 at 10:25 AM.
8 users like this post:
Closed Thread