Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2020, 03:28 AM   #1
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ANyone in WA done a 'special order' from Supercheap?

Thinking about them springs. Thinking about how long it would take for supercheap to get in a special order (them placing an order to the factory maybe?), compared to just the standard 2 week WA wait for another supplier with stock sending stuff over this way.

Anyone here out west ever tried SCA's 'special order' for larger unstocked items like king springs?
It's either order from automotivesuperstore.com.au for $168 and do the WA sit and wait, or SCA special order to the SCA store around the corner from me for $169 and have some place to bitch at if they take too long
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ANyone in WA done a 'special order' from Supercheap?

Automotive superstore. You think Supercheap will get it right?
eb2fairmont is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Out of curiosity generally how long does it take to get goods ordered in from Eastern capital cities? With stuff under 5KG I can get stuff to Perth next business day from Melbourne and same return via air freight. If our Perth branch sends directly to one of my customers in Melbourne they'll generally get it next business day. It's only $22 as well.

Interestingly I spoke with one of WA's customers in Broome and he said that Broome has no air freight at the moment and it's taking weeks to get stuff up there.

I supply to SCA and they use Toll for buy ins, I'm pretty sure it's road freight rather than their priority air service as well.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never been able to get things quick from the eastern states, even express takes 4 days...

When getting stuff for the ford I usually prefer using adelaideparts as its 3-5 days from SA. If I order from jefferson or somewhere else in the east it's usually 8-12 days regular mail which is usually road.

E: You get what you pay for and toll is OK, startrack used to be OK, but auspost and the cheaper couriers are super slow. Even a letter sent through auspost ex east takes 7-10 days.

Last edited by oldel; 24-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 24-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Keep in mind Toll has been hacked again and as of earlier this week they've had no tracking functionality or online booking systems, its causing dramas with freight pick ups from suppliers using Toll - Repco and SCA.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2020, 04:11 PM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not in WA but in Melbourne.

Got a special order for a radiator from Supercheap and took 21 days to get.

Basically the maximum time it took according to the terms and conditions.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/se...special-orders
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #7
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. I was worried about them taking their sweet time ordering it and paying for it, but was trying to balance that with hopefully better logistics. But it seems like that isn't a safe bet either, so I won't bother ordering through them.

I have used them before and they were alright which is why I was even considering it. But that was just AU style tail light globes, not something big and bulky.
Old 25-05-2020, 02:19 AM   #8
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

WA suspensions do king springs, not much on their Ebay shop over $160
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2020, 02:36 AM   #9
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't find it there, I'm after KDRS-13.

E: Even when checking with king springs themselves they say non stocked item, time to manufacture is 15-20 days. So I guess I'm for a long wait regardless.

Last edited by oldel; 25-05-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 25-05-2020, 04:34 AM   #10
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Thinking about them springs. Thinking about how long it would take for supercheap to get in a special order (them placing an order to the factory maybe?), compared to just the standard 2 week WA wait for another supplier with stock sending stuff over this way.

Anyone here out west ever tried SCA's 'special order' for larger unstocked items like king springs?
It's either order from automotivesuperstore.com.au for $168 and do the WA sit and wait, or SCA special order to the SCA store around the corner from me for $169 and have some place to bitch at if they take too long
Just go to Wilkinson suspension In bayswater , they are Kings WA supplier.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #11
Rob S

Hey Oldel,had multiple SPO's from SCA this year,some suppliers are in Perth and you may get it same day.

Last order i picked up the other day was supposed to be coming from Perth CBD area,they rang while i was there when placing order to check availability,but waited only 4 days to get from over east.

But did wait 8 days for nothing to arrive recently,a Permaseal Rocker Cover Gasket ect kit.They rang while i was there to Perth suppliers and supposed to be in,but no one told me that turns out even over east suppliers didnt have any left.

Waited only 4 days for the Durapro kit,but that was priority send because of screw up basically,but multiple other orders since Coronavirus have been quick,mainly from Perth though came with next drop off.Maybe arronm's idea may work out,even Hitler got something in his life right,whatever that was.

2003 BA Futura.

Former Ford's.

1978 XC V8 Fairmont.

1977 XC 4.1 Crossflow Falcon.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #12
Rob S

I know this thread was weeks ago,how did you go Oldel?Did you go with SCA?But below or above is my experiences there since Coronavirus.Assume you got them by now.

2003 BA Futura.

Former Ford's.

1978 XC V8 Fairmont.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #13
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've put it off for a while as I planned to order spring mounts which would have to come from overseas and it wasn't worth ordering them right now either.
I've already had a parcel missing from thailand via DHL so didn't feel like putting in my annual $400 BMW parts order for spring mounts and other things from USA or UK.

As far as the king springs from either supercheap and automotive superstore I went with automotive superstore and I haven't heard anything from them at all...
I'm used to delays and being patient considering that I live in WA and order a lot of online stuff, sometimes overseas but sometimes takes ages from the eastern states as well.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #14
Rob S

Hey Oldel,

For one,what do you mean you havent heard from Automotive Superstore?Did you place an order,pay money,and weeks later or something you have recieved no contact about the transaction despite paying your money?

Or do you mean that things were correct at first,then weeks later cant track down your parcel?I did wait for one of my orders from Jefferson's recently for approx two weeks with Auspost express,but as far as time is concerned and delivery method,that was worst case.

As far as the spring mounts,why from overseas?I have seen that there is at least a couple of things for Falcons ect that they only apparently make overseas,and apparently sell individually from overseas,and no distribution from here.Is this one of the items i may have seen?

And that missing parcel,if wasnt extra insured,you still should be able to get your money back if you havent already from either the supplier,or the couriers.Hope wasnt worth to much money,or that you get your parcel promptly.Had some issues in last year too,different ones,but many more things gone correctly,and wont bother going into that right now,let alone further back,but smaller issues in life can lead to much worse things,not just worst things right off the bat.HAGD.

2003 BA Futura.

Former Ford's.

1978 XC V8 Fairmont.

Last edited by Rob S; 07-08-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #15
MercuryT
Banned

My Spark Plugs were a special order as don't carry in stock (as rare).

Got them within 3 days to Tasmania even with Covid etc.

Different yes but was rapt with the service.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #16
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Hey Oldel,

For one,what do you mean you havent heard from Automotive Superstore?Did you place an order,pay money,and weeks later or something you have recieved no contact about the transaction despite paying your money?

Or do you mean that things were correct at first,then weeks later cant track down your parcel?I did wait for one of my orders from Jefferson's recently for approx two weeks with Auspost express,but as far as time is concerned and delivery method,that was worst case.

As far as the spring mounts,why from overseas?I have seen that there is at least a couple of things for Falcons ect that they only apparently make overseas,and apparently sell individually from overseas,and no distribution from here.Is this one of the items i may have seen?

And that missing parcel,if wasnt extra insured,you still should be able to get your money back if you havent already from either the supplier,or the couriers.Hope wasnt worth to much money,or that you get your parcel promptly.Had some issues in last year too,different ones,but many more things gone correctly,and wont bother going into that right now,let alone further back,but smaller issues in life can lead to much worse things,not just worst things right off the bat.HAGD.
No problems, by co-incidence automotive superstore emailed today and said springs were on their way (I knew there was none in stock and kings would have to make them). Even kings own website says 20 days or something.

The missing Thailand parcel arrived today too - was kind of worried that tracking showed it arrived in Perth on the 22nd, tracking did nothing for 2 weeks, then tracking number was deleted on monday! But the parcel showed up today.
The springs are for another non ford car I have, it's an old euro so I buy parts overseas - I can't afford old fords...
I went local with king springs due to size/weight making it better to buy the local spring product than an overseas brand, but the mounts were going to be lemforder or another OE and bought from USA or Europe. There's euro/bmw options in australia, but not much for a 30 year old BMW.

I'm patient and it looks like it's all working out. If it doesn't - well I'm used to that too.

Last edited by oldel; 08-08-2020 at 03:36 AM.