Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Angry To the Blue XR Ute-driving Friggin Idiot - Hallam, 7:30pm, Monday, 22nd October

Me and Mrs Madder, heading west in the left-lane of the wet 3-lane Princes Hwy approaching Hallam road, green-lights, slow white van far in front.

Traffic from left can merge with care and join the Hwy at anytime.

Said Frigging Idiot in dark blue XR Ute decides they will merge with no care and beat said white van and get themselves into the far lane poste-haste. At this point I slow down and direct my attention to the red HSV that appears might do the same thing (the HSV wisely stays where it is). Incidentally, I am being overtaken by a Focus that decides my sub 80km/h speed is too slow in this wet weather.

Once I safely cross the lights I see the XR Ute out of control in an ever wider snake down the road barely missing (and barely being missed by) other traffic as its effective speed is about 50km/h and decreasing as it continues to snake and lose traction. Ute driver does not entertain the idea of lifting off the power and thinks they can steer their way out of the problem.

Eventually they end up ninety degrees to traffic and spear onto and over the 3m-wide traffic island into the opposite 3-lanes of the Hwy which are thankfully empty.

If you are reading this or if you have boasted to any of your friends that are reading this...make no mistake;

YOU ARE A FRIGGIN IDIOT. :

BTW: I wondered about the $200-300 increase in my insurance premium this year. Could it be because I am driving an XR8 Ute with silly number-plates? But it is the same XR8 Ute with the same silly number-plates as the 2 years before, when the premiums were much lower. Could it be that some XR Ute drivers are coming to grief? My suspicions were tonight confirmed.

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

I say put the plates up. People like that deserve to be shamed.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I say put the plates up. People like that deserve to be shamed.
The erratic side-to-side movement of the plate and its sudden 90 degree turn and disappearance over the island meant I strangely couldn't get a fix on it.

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's August mate ;)
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
lizardmech

Some idiot in a new mitsubishi colt tried to race me in the wet the other night, I had just started the car and wasn't going over 2000 rpm, he was still slower than me driving at a normal speed and then refused to let me merge as my lane ended just so he could "win" , he then slowly accelerated up to about 100 in a 50 zone and thats the last I saw of him.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I seen a VN pull in from a sliplane the other night fishie the whole 3 lanes of the road. Hate to imagine what it would of been like had cars been comming considering its a 80km/h road with the majority doin about 100-120km/h in the fast lane.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 08:32 AM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
It's August mate ;)
And close to a full moon aswell????. :
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 08:03 PM   #8
EL_futuraistic

When will people learn. Your exactly right regarding the insurance, i think there is another thread on this issue. If more of the vehicles are being damaged or written off, then they are a higher risk vehicle so the premium goes up.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post