Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 25-03-2024, 06:00 PM   #1
Mousie
Starter Motor

Default Ford EL - NL ECU EEC-V engine computer

Hi folks, just a long shot however does anyone have an old ECU lying around for the V8 motor. If so appreciate a reach out. Located Northside Brisbane if local. Background is Mustang build and we think the ECU may not be fully operational (long story) hence ask. Or any similar ecu that will drive the electronic transmission for the EL-NL motor. Engine and Transmission were transplanted from an NL Fairlaine into the Mustang.

96DA-12A650-GD is the current ECU with large letters 6DGD

Last edited by Mousie; 25-03-2024 at 06:27 PM.
Mousie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2024, 12:15 AM   #2
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford EL - NL ECU EEC-V engine computer

In a V8 the trans is not controlled by the ECU, it has a separate transmission computer above the drivers left leg. I only mention that as you say:

Quote:
any similar ecu that will drive the electronic transmission for the EL-NL motor.
So just want to clarify.

You should be able to expand your search to any V8 model that isn't an XR8. The ECU you have would be specific to the Fairmont and up models as hey had a couple of extra features that were only found in those ECU's. But given its a transplant those features wouldn't be in there, so you could dig up a Falcon/Futura ECU if need be. But I couldn't tell you what the code is off the top of my head sorry.
arm79 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-03-2024, 09:35 AM   #3
Mousie
Starter Motor

Oops, the engine and trans computer came over to the Mustang so got that sorted. That’s good to know I can use a wider variety for the V8 ecu. Appreciate that advice.
Mousie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2024, 12:04 AM   #4
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Off the top of my head I think it might even be possible to be looking back to an EF ECU.

From a V8 perspective I'm 99.9% sure they are identical to the EL setup. It was only the I6 that differed when they want to a distributorless ignition in EF and back to distributor in EL.

Again it might help you expand your search options... Unless someone can think of something I missed.
arm79 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post