Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Default australia post - someone else picke dup my parcel

Hi Guys,

got a problem with the postoffice.
Got a docket in the mail telling me I have a package at the postoffice.
Go there and was told its not there. Looked at the tracking and it says it was signed and picked up by someone i have never heard of. Went back to the post office and they were not very helpful, said they have no details of the person who picked up etc. They say that person must have had proof my my address, which cant be the case as we built the house there on vacant land.

I have logged a complaint, but does anyone know what normally happens in this case?

-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Default Re: australia post - someone else picke dup my parcel

No idea , but I send the missus to get mine all the time , only needs signing ...woopdeedoo...the postie could bodge that .it's a poor system , should be photo id or nothing..

I do use the dodgy system though .. saves me getting em ..
Wouldn't hold much hope being aus post , but registered mail on expensive stuff is about the best you can get ..
Old 03-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

If they really wanted to help you they would look at the CCTV footage of the person. Maybe someone you know like a neighbour? Bet they will use the 'No, due to privacy' line...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
BAWITHLOT
XB COUPE TOO!

The poster can put in a claim form which mean Aust Post will need to investigate as you should still have the notification slip to support the claim (there is normally only one of those).

The process is robust but if there is a lazy worker behind the desk then you will be plain out of luck!

Unfortunately a whole heap of people that are not you have to take action ie Sender, Aust Post, Post Master and there failure to act will delay the process!
BAWITHLOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
BAWITHLOT
XB COUPE TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
If they really wanted to help you they would look at the CCTV footage of the person. Maybe someone you know like a neighbour? Bet they will use the 'No, due to privacy' line...
CCTV would be pointless as the signature is normally in a book with no time against it!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

How would someone know the package is there to pick up? A random couldn't just go in by chance and get it.

What has probably happened is someone has gone in to pick up a package and the post office has given them the wrong one by mistake. Maybe with a similar name or address. You may get lucky that the person returns it.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #7
Spurious

The squeaky wheel gets the oil!
Go back everyday to the post office in question & make some noise. I would do that & tell them it was my kids xmas present!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #8
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bad luck there, my local post office knows me by name yet still asks to see my license every time I collect. I sign the electronic pad and away I Go.
Must be all sorts of protocols in place across the country.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #9
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably a postal worker. For someone else to have stolen it, they would have to know you were expecting a parcel (if so, why leave the 'you have a package' docket in your letterbox) AND would likely have to have stolen other mail to provide proof of address. A lot of effort if they don't know what the package is. This time of year, theft of xmas gifts, cash etc, is rife.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #10
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably postal worker gave out your parcel by mistake.

After a few hiccups, I started to use the 24hr parcel lockers.

Haven't had any issues, can pick up anytime of day or night and if can't, can pick up at later stage from business centre.

I get a SMS and email confirmation of the pickup to be, and email confirmation when completed the pickup.

Best thing ever.

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 AM   #11
D Block

Yeah, I use parcel lockers. No problems so far.
D Block is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Good ol'Aussie post...

The signing is on one of those woefull electronic dodads... you still need positive ID to receive not just an address, how could they get it so wrong... thats right nothing changes at good ol'Aussie post!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

we know our local Post Office people and are never asked for id

id be kicking up a huge stink
what ever you do dont get rid of the docket you have
its your only proof you never picked it up
id be going in there and complaining and asking some questions:

did you ask for Id like you should have if a signature is required?..i guess not huh
when was it picked up?

most of the stuff i pick up now that requires a sig is now on a little palm pilot that you have to sign with a stick on a screen, record time date everything, much better than signing in an old book ledger system they used to run with

was the item expensive?
or just something worth 5 bucks you can get again?

i would also be telling them, not asking, that anything that needst o be picked up from YOUR p.o. box number now requires proof of id to be presented

cant see how items have been swapped around
if you didnt get yours and someone else did then where is theres????

i had a seller tell me last week from ebay that the item was return to her by the post office as it wasnt picked up

yeah nice try
ive known the post office people for ten years and theyve held parcels for weeks for me
this ebay dumbass forgot to post it imo

id kick up as stink and say you just helped in postal fraud by not checlking for ID when the person who picked it up signed for it...then complain to head office
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #14
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Complete their online complaint form at https://contactus.auspost.com.au/app/ask#email and if the don't respond or fob you off write a detailed letter of complaint to Malcolm Turnbull the Minister for Communications who is responsible for Australia Post (they won't fob his office off so easily):

The Hon M. B. Turnbull MP
Member for Wentworth
Minister for Communications
PO Box 6022
Parliament House
CANBERRA ACT 2600
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #15
BAWITHLOT
XB COUPE TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Bad luck there, my local post office knows me by name yet still asks to see my license every time I collect. I sign the electronic pad and away I Go.
Must be all sorts of protocols in place across the country.

JP
Interested that we don't have the electronic technology at my local or the one near work In that case if it was electronic, the CCTV would work!

Sorry Yellow_Festiva we must miss out on heaps out the far west of Sydney
Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #16
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been running a free card swap via post for the last four months (Woolworths Animal cards). I have parcels coming in and going out all the time. I check the PO every two or three days. Even though I am instantly recognised by staff I still have to show photo ID for anything that requires a signature and I don't mind in the least.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #17
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Definitely make a complaint. I had been lucky enough in my old house where the postie knew me by name even to the point where Id see her at the local shopping centre we she would stop and say hi.

I moved to a new house 2 years ago and go a new postie who is next to useless, parcels being left on my neighbours front door etc. So I applied for a parcel locker and all I can say that it is awesome, had a couple of small issues where the lockers were full.

Still getting normal mail at my neighbours and their mail at mine, even after I approached the postie about it.

Matt

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can someone please explain what a parcel locker is. Is it just a bigger than normal Post box like you find at the PO.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #19
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

The sender gave the instructions to the Post Office that collection must be signed for.

This from the AP website:

"Signature delivery

If a signature is needed, we'll leave a card with the location of the nearby Australia Post retail outlet we've sent your parcel to.

To collect your parcel, simply take your card, proof of identity (with your signature), and proof of address to the Australia Post retail outlet.

If you're planning to send someone else to collect the item on your behalf, remember to fill out the agent authorisation on the card."

If they have not adequately identified the person who collected the parcel, the problem is theirs. You haven't told us much about the item but just use their words back at them. Hopefully your identification documents are sufficiently secure that only you have access to ID with your signature on it.

This link for FAQ and complaints:

http://auspost.com.au/help/#/help_an...d-parcels.html

Good luck.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #20
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

The Parcel locker system allows you to get parcels sent directly to the post office rather than your home. When the parcel arrives at the post office it is placed into a locker and an email and SMS is sent.

You have 72 hours to pick it up.

The lockers are only at selected post office sites though and currently it is a free service.

I find it great as it allows me to pick up the parcels at anytime rather than opening hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #21
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Can someone please explain what a parcel locker is. Is it just a bigger than normal Post box like you find at the PO.

Cheers Vincenzo
I think I have seen these at petrol stations? Curious myself as to how they work.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #22
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/parcel-lockers.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I Use and Recommend :
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #23
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Thanks Guys,

I have logged a complaint and have a reference number. Called ad said i need to wait 2 weeks for them to investigate. The item was a photo album , and it was posted with signature required. They have a signature i guess and the name of someone I never heard of.. Will give them the 2 weeks and then complain to the minister...
-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post