Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
manamp27

Default A few MC Titanium questions

I've had my diesel hatch for nearly 2 mths now and love it. The best car I have owned. It's booked in for 12mth service next week and there's a couple of minor things I want the dealer to look at:

- Exposed steering column just above the brake pedal - is this normal?
- Squeaking door rubbers - happens any time I go over something that causes the chassis to flex. In particular when the car has just been washed.
- Shuffle songs on the iPod - I like to have shuffle permanently set, but find that I have to re-select shuffle from the menu every time I start the car. I have an iPod connected in the glove box via USB and the audio cables.
- Plastic trim around the gear stick lifting - apparently a common problem.

Anyone have experience with the above?

Thanks in advance.

manamp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Default Re: A few MC Titanium questions

-if it's where I think you mean then yes.
- spray the door rubbers with silicon spray after you wash the car this will stop them squeaking
-not come across anyone asking me that before
-yes is common, needs to be clipped in properly
Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Batman105E

Quote:
Originally Posted by manamp27
I've had my diesel hatch for nearly 2 mths now and love it. The best car I have owned. It's booked in for 12mth service next week and there's a couple of minor things I want the dealer to look at:

- Exposed steering column just above the brake pedal - is this normal?
- Squeaking door rubbers - happens any time I go over something that causes the chassis to flex. In particular when the car has just been washed.
- Shuffle songs on the iPod - I like to have shuffle permanently set, but find that I have to re-select shuffle from the menu every time I start the car. I have an iPod connected in the glove box via USB and the audio cables.
- Plastic trim around the gear stick lifting - apparently a common problem.

Anyone have experience with the above?

Thanks in advance.
Answer is yes to all but one of the above. Our door rubbers do not squeak. Not sure you'll have much luck getting the rest of those on the list fixed.

Good luck
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
manamp27

Had the service now and thought I would share my learnings:

- Exposed steering column just above the brake pedal - THIS IS NORMAL.

- Squeaking door rubbers - FORD RECOMMENDED SILICONE SPRAY, WHICH LASTS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE THE SQUEAKING RETURNS. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GET BETTER WITH AGE.

- Shuffle songs on the iPod - I like to have shuffle permanently set, but find that I have to re-select shuffle from the menu every time I start the car. I have an iPod connected in the glove box via USB and the audio cables. - NO SOLUTION.

- Plastic trim around the gear stick lifting - apparently a common problem. - FORD REPLACED THE TRIM UNDER WARRANTY AS ONE OF THE CLIPS WAS BROKEN.
manamp27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post