Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Default 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

Hi Guys n Gals. Newbie here and have an immobilizer issue with my newly acquired ute. Had an issue with park lights not working and without a manual I was checking interior fuses and relays for blown ones, but have somehow triggered the immobilizer and now the ute won't start. From reading online issue with my problem, I believe it has something to do with the Smartshield system preventing it from starting. Immobilizer hand on dash is flashing and when I turn key nothing happens. Ute was fully driveable until I had the light issue and started checking fuses/relays. Only have one key and no remote(keypad). After disconnecting and reconnecting battery, the word base comes up on the dash for about five seconds before the odometer kms is displayed. I know this problem has been resolved in previous threads, but I am new here and navigating around this forum isn't as easy as I thought. I live in a small community in Central Queensland and nearest Ford dealership is over 120kms away, so I'm stranded as I have no other vehicles registered. Any advice or links to any possible resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by FuriousFord; 27-03-2021 at 01:21 PM.
FuriousFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post