Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Default Guy trys to do runner on me after hitting my XR8 last night...

Afternoon all,

Last night on the way home from having dinner with my Mrs in the city I was stationary at the set of lights on Parramatta Rd and James Ruse Dr Westbound, lights turn green and I proceed to take off (I was in the middle lane) a VT commodore to my right took off with me and in the middle of the intersection I feel my rear end get tapped to the side, I looked back right away and saw him looking right a me, I indicate to him to pull over right away! After I pulled over he drove right past me and kept going, at this stage I took off again and caught up to him again saying pull over but in more of an aggressive manner, I pulled over too the left and he went to the far right lane to turn into a side street just after the rail crossing, At this point I was completely livered and pure adrenalin took over, right hand down and dropped the clutch, blocked off were he was trying to turn got out of the car and going off my tree, at this point traffic had completely stopped to watch what was happening....
I approached the driver and said "you go in there and park, I am not ********** with you anymore." At this point I think he knew he was in Grandville and didn't know what to expect so followed suit.
Eventually got his details and explained that he cant be playing these games. He had somewhat broken English so I tried to be tolerant.
Overall the damage is minimal, going to cost about $640 to fix and Im picking up the cash from him this afternoon...

Its just a shame I had such a good night with my Mrs and that had to happen and she saw that side of me. I'm thinking I done the right thing as at that point I didn't see the damage so my main aim was to just get to him and get his details.

Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

it's not just unfortunate mate , this guy is a low life , and nothing less . be carefull getting cash off him , it could be a set up .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
it's not just unfortunate mate , this guy is a low life , and nothing less . be carefull getting cash off him , it could be a set up .

To be honest I have thought of that and it gets me a little excited.... LOL
In all seriousness though Im a man of God and with his protection I will be fine.. And if not, I wil take one of them with me....... hhahaahhahaa!
Old 30-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
3vXT

I would have done exactly what you did up to the point when you offered to accept cash from him. WTF? Do you have insurance?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
I would have done exactly what you did up to the point when you offered to accept cash from him. WTF? Do you have insurance?

Yeh I do but see this is acually a project car as I have documented in "Show N Shine, once the engine work is complete Im actually going to respray it and go for the Regency Red. So actually I will be leaving it till all engine work is complete (about Feb 2011) then go for the respray..

See, grass hoper has a plan....
Old 30-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIIXR8
See, grass hoper has a plan....
That makes sense. I hope you applied an appropriate mark up to the quote

You could call it the 'you tried to drive off twice so now its time to pay, ***** hole' fee.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
fmc351
let it burn

I always thought 'crunch' was a universal language.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And just under this thread is the Road Rage thread LOL
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

dont be sorry your missus saw that side of you, now she knows when the time comes that you're a man that will protect and act upon rather then cower away and just ignore and avoid conflict
I should put quotation marks on that cause thats exactly what my ex said to me one night after a party and a few low lifes haha
Just roll up with a carload of mates and nothing will happen ;D
Old 30-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I feel for you mate. I had someone swipe my passenger door and front quarter panel and drive off without leaving a note while the car was in a car park. At least you were in the car to witness what happened, people just have no respect or responsibility.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
dont be sorry your missus saw that side of you, now she knows when the time comes that you're a man that will protect and act upon rather then cower away and just ignore and avoid conflict

Just roll up with a carload of mates and nothing will happen ;D
I agree, as a man of God myself, it's good that your Mrs knows you've got a man's ticker.

And taking a few friends, leaving two in the car and having one stand beside you whilst you knock on the door is a good idea.

God be with you.

Shalom,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Did he have a license? There are so many foreigners on the road in cheap cars making up the rules as they go.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I agree, as a man of God myself, it's good that your Mrs knows you've got a man's ticker.

And taking a few friends, leaving two in the car and having one stand beside you whilst you knock on the door is a good idea.

God be with you.

Shalom,

GK
Please tell me you're a preist and you own a Black XB GT Coupe called "The Reckoning" D:
My churches preist owns a black XR6T
And he's an old vietnamese bloke who used to be a POW!
Old 30-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Please tell me you're a preist and you own a Black XB GT Coupe called "The Reckoning" D:
My churches preist owns a black XR6T
And he's an old vietnamese bloke who used to be a POW!
No, not a Priest. LOL! Perhaps I have confused some by saying I was a man of God, which for many = Priest! I am a Christian, so perhaps I should have said, I'm a God fearing man.

Sorry for any confusion or perceived misrepresentation.

Your Priest and the other one you speak of sound like pretty good guys.

As for being back on topic. I hope the ELIIXR8's Mrs understands the stance he took.

Shalom,

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Last edited by GK; 30-10-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
b055m4n

you'll be lucky to get the money from the dick,hope im wrong.
b055m4n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #16
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Well alls well ends well. I got the cash this evening at 5:30. He was apologetic so I have no grudge......
Old 31-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #17
Protadog

good to know you got the cash mate, hopefully it never happens again. id hate it if anything like that happened to my car.
Protadog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #18
Rich@NDRS
Starter Motor

what a t**t glad it's all sorted now.
Rich@NDRS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Being that you were in Clyde when it happened one would hazard a guess that the perpetrator would have come from Auburn? The regular inhabitants of Auburn are of the Middle Eastern crowd and that does not surprise me that they would try to do a runner.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Good to see you got it sorted. Your lucky the driver wasn't a crazed mental patient with a sawn off.

Personally, I would have just taken his plate number and gone to the cops. Could have turned real ugly real quick.
Old 31-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd have reported him to the cops for attempting to leave the scene. Broken english or not, he would have been well aware what he was doing.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #22
GK
Walking with God

Great to hear it all came to a good outcome.

You get the money, your Mrs knows you have a ticker, and that guy will probably think twice before he tries to do a runner again.

Well done.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 31-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

repoting it to the cops would be like giving him a box of chocolates for hitting you .
i'm glad it worked out well
Old 31-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #24
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how so? he'd still be liable for the damage, but would possibly have a conviction.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #25
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
how so? he'd still be liable for the damage, but would possibly have a conviction.
THE POLICE WOULD TELL YOU IT IS NT THIER DOMAIN AND INSURANCE LOOKS AFTER THAT . then you would go to your insurance who would make you make a claim on your vehicle and pay the excess, now you have a recorded claim of driver atfault unless proven otherwise in court or other party confesses . then the insurance company has somebody willing to pay ; you ! they contact the other party who says , i wasnt there , this is untrue / or simply hangs up when the insurance company states who they are ; yes nobody can force anybody to take a phone call , so the insurance company says , i'm sorry sir the other party wont answer our calls , you'll have to cop at fault , you then go back to the police , and get the im sorry this is an insurance problem , the insurance company then tells you you better pay up , and if its any consilation , dont feel bad this happens to people every day , so then you have a record of an at fault claim , and your insurance premiums go up for about 3 to 5 years .
dont believe me , this is what happened to my wife , this is 1st hand experience . this is why ethnics drive off , because they know once they are out of view , the case is over . in this case they were chased and caught , so they had to become nice , or kill the bloke that chased and caught them , or risk being followed home , the guy decided to be nice when caught .
this is how our system works . SOMEONE HAS TO PAY . the easiest target is the victim . this is why people always flee the scene, after that they plead no knowledge of the incident . then it goes to court , without evidence such as photos or witnesses the case is usually dropped . and the vicitm pays .
I'M SORRY , BUT THAT IS OUR SYSTEM OF LIBERTY .
Old 31-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bloke is a scum bad as he tried to do the runner in the first place and thats a true indicator of who they are, and if ur car was in a car park and he hit it im sure he would of left without a note.

At least u got ur money for the damage
Old 31-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #27
CODSASR

nicley done.
When I first got my p's I was at the mrs place and parked my car on the nature strip, her stepdad came and said you better check your car so went outside and found the front indicator smashed and front guard all dinted and red paint all over it (my car was a white ED XR6) turned out idiots across the road where doingg burnouts in a unregisted red XF. They where no wear to be seen so went to the cop station they said nothing we can do. But I am guessing the cops went to check out the guys because for the next 2 years I was getting death threats and almost ran over by them.

I confronted them about paying for the damage all I got was f off. So thats what I got from reporting it now I just deal with people the same way ELIIXR8 did.

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #28
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
THE POLICE WOULD TELL YOU IT IS NT THIER DOMAIN AND INSURANCE LOOKS AFTER THAT . then you would go to your insurance who would make you make a claim on your vehicle and pay the excess, now you have a recorded claim of driver atfault unless proven otherwise in court or other party confesses . then the insurance company has somebody willing to pay ; you ! they contact the other party who says , i wasnt there , this is untrue / or simply hangs up when the insurance company states who they are ; yes nobody can force anybody to take a phone call , so the insurance company says , i'm sorry sir the other party wont answer our calls , you'll have to cop at fault , you then go back to the police , and get the im sorry this is an insurance problem , the insurance company then tells you you better pay up , and if its any consilation , dont feel bad this happens to people every day , so then you have a record of an at fault claim , and your insurance premiums go up for about 3 to 5 years .
dont believe me , this is what happened to my wife , this is 1st hand experience . this is why ethnics drive off , because they know once they are out of view , the case is over . in this case they were chased and caught , so they had to become nice , or kill the bloke that chased and caught them , or risk being followed home , the guy decided to be nice when caught .
this is how our system works . SOMEONE HAS TO PAY . the easiest target is the victim . this is why people always flee the scene, after that they plead no knowledge of the incident . then it goes to court , without evidence such as photos or witnesses the case is usually dropped . and the vicitm pays .
I'M SORRY , BUT THAT IS OUR SYSTEM OF LIBERTY .
Puety or Pearly (black ute) had a different outcome. Cops dont like drivers who flee the scene. Its not an insurance matter, that is a police matter. You need some form of evidence that the person in question did in fact hit your car. This can be a sticking point as in for the post above, red paint isnt enough. In your case Im not sure why that would happen, but I would have tried another Police station.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #29
CODSASR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
This can be a sticking point as in for the post above, red paint isnt enough. In your case Im not sure why that would happen, but I would have tried another Police station.
I knew the paint wasnt enough but thaught I would report it just incase I decided to get insurence to fix it. Apparently the guys had a rep for this sort of thing AKA Ferals

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #30
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODSASR
I knew the paint wasnt enough but thaught I would report it just incase I decided to get insurence to fix it. Apparently the guys had a rep for this sort of thing AKA Ferals
I wasnt knocking you for reporting it, that was smart IMO. Just reasoning why the Police may have had their hands tied.