Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
mdexter
Starter Motor

Default FORD KA - Need Spare Key - HOW TO CHEAP

Hey folks,

I have a Mk1 FORD KA and yes I only have one key, and I have spent sooo much money fixing this car up. I contacted the local car locksmith and wants to charge me $150 for the job., the key is the same as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-Ford-f...-/252032950000

Folks, is there a cheaper way for me to do this, could I for example buy this key and would that save me money getting them to cut and code that key to my existing one??

Is there a cheaper way for me to get this done?

Many thanks in advance, cheers
mdexter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Pursya

Default Re: FORD KA - Need Spare Key - HOW TO CHEAP

Check this thread;
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11437670
Not specific to your car, but important info.
I would contact the seller of your eBay key, as he doesn't appear to post to Oz.
If you can get this key at that price it is worth the punt.
But what will need to occur when you do get it is to find a very good locksmith and hope he can code off your original.
The price of $150 for a guaranteed key doesn't seem excessive.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
Check this thread;
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11437670
Not specific to your car, but important info.
I would contact the seller of your eBay key, as he doesn't appear to post to Oz.
If you can get this key at that price it is worth the punt.
But what will need to occur when you do get it is to find a very good locksmith and hope he can code off your original.
The price of $150 for a guaranteed key doesn't seem excessive.
Arrgghh $150 not excessive, ok fair call. Yep that one off ebay was an example, but i'll keep looking for a c4 hopefully one is in Aus somewhere, thanks for the link too, cheers
Old 13-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #4
Pursya

Just saying I paid all up $120, including the eBay key, 3 years ago.
And there was no guarantee it would code.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
mdexter
Starter Motor

yeah ok, I have read the that pre 2004 can code off the existing key, but again nothings concrete like you said
Old 13-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Hi,

3 different keys for KA 1. 94AB A22053 DA (with engine imobiliser, black and non illuminating) $40 Genuine From Ford, 94AB A22053 FA same but has illumination (have to check price and XS41 A22053 HC same again and also has illumination, $40 from Ford. This is just for a blank key, not a key with remote, needs to be cut and then programmed to car.. From the picture it looks like you need the first part number. Let me know if you need my help again.....
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #7
mdexter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi,

3 different keys for KA 1. 94AB A22053 DA (with engine imobiliser, black and non illuminating) $40 Genuine From Ford, 94AB A22053 FA same but has illumination (have to check price and XS41 A22053 HC same again and also has illumination, $40 from Ford. This is just for a blank key, not a key with remote, needs to be cut and then programmed to car.. From the picture it looks like you need the first part number. Let me know if you need my help again.....
Mate, legendary yes, I need to get the second key. Its the same as the ebay pick, blank key with red 4c transponder chip inside, and yes needs to be programmed and cut, I guess i would have to send my key to get done etc, but if you get a sec would love to have a chat, cheers a heap mate