Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
holstech
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta ST (WZ) Brakes

Hi
I'm going to need new pads and rotors all round in the next few months.
2014 Fiesta ST (WZ)
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get replacements in Brisbane?
I'm happy with the OEM parts but might consider an upgrade (OEM parts quoted at $725 for all pads and rotors plus fitting).

I had a look on https://www.genuineautoparts.com.au but the shipping costs are prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.
Holy
holstech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
JVC063

Default Re: Fiesta ST (WZ) Brakes

Try the Mountune web site in UK, you may want more than just brakes packaged in the postage.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
DreadlyST

I upgraded mine earlier this year with SD performance groved & dimpled discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

Front:

Rear:

I also had the existing fluid flushed out and upgraded that too.

Got the parts from SiCo Developments in the UK and it was around $1000 for the lot.

I do take my car to the track from time to time and this upgrade has made a great difference to brake performance at the track. As far as day to day driving, there is not a great deal of difference over the stock system.
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
holstech
Starter Motor

Thanks DreadlyST, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd consider at those $$. I'll look them up.

Cheers
holstech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
GeeDubF6

+1 for the above package. Got around 50K out of the originals...

Little bit more brake dust now though (might just be the bedding in)

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post