Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
XR6Turb
Boooooooost me baby!!

Default 2009 WS Fiesta Radiator Cooling Fan

My daughters 09 Fiesta's rad cooling fan is shot. Seems to be a bit of an issue with these cars after some research. Cant find one 2nd hand and Fraud want $450!!

Pulled it out and pulled out the motor. Pulled the motor apart and its def shot. No brushes left and one of the springs had damaged the commutator. On a side note, it would probably cost $20 to make this in China the thieves.

I have found a new complete fan off the earlier WP, WQ model for $145 delivered. It looks identical in every way. Even if the fan surround is different, the motor and mounts look identical.

Anyone know if I can simply use the motor out of the earlier WQ model in the WS fan surround?
-
Australian Virtual Tours
Proud to be the leaders in Virtual Tour Technologies
-
-
XR6Turb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2009 WS Fiesta Radiator Cooling Fan

I had a look at the catalogue for you but it does not show the motor seperate so I cannot confirm for you. WS Fiesta has three different thermofan assemblies. 1 for vehicles with no A/C, 2 with A/C less sensor and 3 with A/C with sensor. If I had the part number for the motor I could cross check between all models, but since there is no listing I cannot check.

Sorry...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-01-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
XR6Turb
Boooooooost me baby!!

Ok thanks for that. The fan motor I took out is a simple apply 12V and it runs. I wonder if the difference in the 3 is purely housings and how the motor is triggered rather than difference in motor itself. I guess there's one way to find out
-
Australian Virtual Tours
Proud to be the leaders in Virtual Tour Technologies
-
-
XR6Turb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

I think you should be ok. I would check any manufacturer part or serial numbers on the motor itself and see if they are the similar or the same.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: