Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 30-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
greenman43
greenman43

Default Audio input for BA

Hi all ,picked up my XR8 today, and needless to say I'm very happy indeed (apart from the timing: double-demerit points weekend here in NSW).

Does anyone have experience of the auxiliary audio input cable in BAs ? I ordered it as an option, so I can plug in an MP3 player. However, the dealer seems to think it consists only of a (RCA?) socket in which to plug a cable, and I thought it'd be the cable itself. Do all BAs have this plug, located under the little tray where the tissue box sits ?

Any help would be appreciated, before I go back and do battle.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

greenman43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 AM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Mate Iam not sure on this but can find out over next few days. : ?Let me know..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #3
greenman43
greenman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Mate Iam not sure on this but can find out over next few days. : ?Let me know..
Thanks mate, that'd be hugely appreciated. I'll be able to look at an XT tomorrow for some confirmation, and I'm hoping to get something reasonably definitive for when the dealer calls me back next week.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 01-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I have done installations to some 15 ba fords this week alone. I remove the tissue box each time and cant say that I have seen one yet.I can picture it in my mind....The only audio input I have been using is in the tel speaker inputs.However if they have not given you the appropriate inputs it can be done via this connection.The sound quality I am not sure of yet.However let me try to find out about the other setup.

actually now that I think of it there is another plug near the mobile phone plug which may very well be the input required.?Be aware though that it will be analogue.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 01-10-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:08 AM   #5
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I have one of these inputs...

Needless to say they are great!

its a $65 accessory.

It sits up the back under the tissue tray.

Plug in a 3.5 mil male to male cord, then plug in your ipod.

Then select Aux from the steering wheel.

Off you go.

Thats all there is to it.

all dealers fit it. takes 10 mins.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
greenman43
greenman43

So the install doesn't include then cable itself (that is to say, the one that connects between the socket and the MP3 player) ? I had assumed that there would be one, as the option was called audio cable (or similar).

If not, is there a specific cable type I need to ask for at Dick Smith ? I guess the car end is 1/4" audio (stereo), but I'm not sure about the other.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
greenman43
greenman43

Quote:
However let me try to find out about the other setup.
actually now that I think of it there is another plug near the mobile phone plug which may very well be the input required.?Be aware though that it will be analogue.
Thanks very much for that, i'll be interested to hear what you find out.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman43
So the install doesn't include then cable itself (that is to say, the one that connects between the socket and the MP3 player) ? I had assumed that there would be one, as the option was called audio cable (or similar).

If not, is there a specific cable type I need to ask for at Dick Smith ? I guess the car end is 1/4" audio (stereo), but I'm not sure about the other.

Cheers,
Brian
When the dealer installs it, you get the socket under the tissue tray.

You need a cable.
So get into Dick Smith and get a 3.5 mil male to male cable.
Plug it in, and then the *whatever* device sits in there beautifully and plays away.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #9
greenman43
greenman43

Fantastic, thanks again. You've saved me a potentially embarassing situation when the dealer calls me back on Tuesday ! :

Cheers,
Brian
Old 03-10-2005, 01:29 AM   #10
Stav
Smile

Ill take a good look when I pull apart my next ba dash... :sm_headba

Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #11
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Ill take a good look when I pull apart my next ba dash... :sm_headba
Or check mine out at a certain event.... :hihi:

Old 03-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #12
minimax
Ute lost, Territory found

Picked mine up last Thursday with the aux input option, all the above is true. For a 65 dollar option it's (hardly) surprising they couldnt be bothered springing for the cable at $3.95 from jaycar... But ipod works better than a 6 stacker... Hmm 3.95 into 50000 goes?!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #13
greenman43
greenman43

Thanks very much everyone, picked up the cable today and it works perfectly.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 14-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #14
FPV Pursuit
Starter Motor

Has anyone out there actually checked if their Mp3 Auxiliary input is working correctly?

I bought one of these a while ago and have had it installed in my car for months connected to my Ipod. I have just installed a DVD Mp3 player and removed the Ipod and I am now able to connect right and left channels independently using a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter and have just realised that the left and right channel are reversed. I have also just recently purchased one on behalf of my uncle and noticed that it was wired exactly the same as my original one (incorrectly). It is very easy to fix. All you have to do is swap the red and the white wires around at the plug end.

I am not sure if my original car wiring loom was wired incorrectly in the first place (Friday build Ha Ha) or if all of the Mp3 Auxiliary inputs made by Ford are made incorrectly.

I would appreciate any response from others out there who have one of these Mp3 Auxiliary inputs, and would like to know the year and model of the vehicle, just out of curiosity, to see if and when Ford picked up on this problem.

Just so it is known, I have mine installed in a 2003 FPV pursuit.
FPV Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Hmmmm,

I have this accessory in both cars, and they are wired correctly.
Both cars from different dealers and 18 months apart....

Cheers

Old 14-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #16
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV Pursuit
Has anyone out there actually checked if their Mp3 Auxiliary input is working correctly?

I bought one of these a while ago and have had it installed in my car for months connected to my Ipod. I have just installed a DVD Mp3 player and removed the Ipod and I am now able to connect right and left channels independently using a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter and have just realised that the left and right channel are reversed. I have also just recently purchased one on behalf of my uncle and noticed that it was wired exactly the same as my original one (incorrectly). It is very easy to fix. All you have to do is swap the red and the white wires around at the plug end.

I am not sure if my original car wiring loom was wired incorrectly in the first place (Friday build Ha Ha) or if all of the Mp3 Auxiliary inputs made by Ford are made incorrectly.

I would appreciate any response from others out there who have one of these Mp3 Auxiliary inputs, and would like to know the year and model of the vehicle, just out of curiosity, to see if and when Ford picked up on this problem.

Just so it is known, I have mine installed in a 2003 FPV pursuit.
Ford are half asleep walking.The proof is in the 1,000s of questions and upgrades on this forum.

I have done quite a few ipod conversions and it seems that in your instance certain wires must be reversed.

Old 14-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #17
FPV Pursuit
Starter Motor

Do me a favour and confirm if the right and left channel is actually the right and left. Don’t press the MODE button on the stereo and balance right to left. All that does is transfer sound after it is amplified. You can do that with AM radio reception which is mono, which still doesn’t prove anything. Try using a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter and while listening to you Auxiliary input disconnect either the right or the left input. This is actually before it is amplified, then you can tell if it is working correctly. Adding and Ipod with a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead will work but you will not be able to tell if it is working correctly and which is right or left.
FPV Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post