Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
oatis
Starter Motor

Question New Fiesta Door unlocking

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can explain how to config the car key to unlock driver door after a single press, and all doors after two press?
This is for the new Fiesta CL.

THanks,
Oatis

oatis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

I knew other Fords did this but had no idea the WS offered it.

Very interested in this thread.

Wonder how much can be accessed via a diag unit like you can with the VW GTI and vagcom ?

Subscribed !
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Ben85

It can be done in the WQ so i reckon it should work on the WS as well. Should be in your owners manual.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Didn't see that in the WQ manual, what page off the top of your head?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

I looked in our WS manual and it has a short paragraph about reprogramming the key to be able to do it but doesn't say how.

Page 55.

I'm guessing it is a dealer reprogram unless there is a key code sequence ?

I looked through the MFD menu (that is where out GTI has a lock setting) but can't find anything.

I'd suggest giving the dealer a call (and then let us know) :
Old 27-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Didn't see that in the WQ manual, what page off the top of your head?
Its on page 70.

For those with a WS this is how it works on the WQ, its probably the same. While the ignition is switched off, hold the lock and unlock buttons down simultaneously for atleast 4-5 seconds, if the procedure works the hazards will flash twice. To go back to how it was standard follow the procedure again.

This procedure will allow you to open just the drivers door with one push of the button, and all the doors with a second push of the button within 3secs of the first push. Hope this helps.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 27-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Didn't work on our Zetec ???

Will try it again later
Old 27-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Ben85

ah fair enough mate, thought it might, worthwhile giving it a go, as i said they were the instructions for how to do it on the WQ model. Works on my Sisters WQ LX, never tried it on my Zetec tho.

Old 27-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

OK, I tried again and it worked !

First time the car was locked when I did it - wouldn't work

This time, I unlocked the car and then did it and it worked

I locked the car and tried to reset it - wouldn't work.

Unlocked it and it worked.

Nothing in the WS manual anywhere except the short unhelpful paragraph on pg 55.

Thanks Ben.
Old 27-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
OK, I tried again and it worked !

First time the car was locked when I did it - wouldn't work

This time, I unlocked the car and then did it and it worked

I locked the car and tried to reset it - wouldn't work.

Unlocked it and it worked.

Nothing in the WS manual anywhere except the short unhelpful paragraph on pg 55.

Thanks Ben.
Glad to hear it worked mate. Glad i could be of some assistance.

Old 27-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

So Ben, any other Easter Eggs you can share mate
Old 28-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
Ben85

All i can do is try and help when you guys ask a question. Off the top of my head i cant think of anything.

Old 29-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
curik

Thanks Ben85, worked on mine too! I really like this feature. Ford should have made this as standard in the first place.

Digression: odo:380kms. Avg fuel cons dropped to 11L. Still high but has improved from 14. Coming up next! Denso Iridium Power Plugs!
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's pretty much a standard feature on most Fords these days.

My sister's new LV Focus Zetec did the same when she picked it up last Saturday!