Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
Fiesta Girl

Default 2009 fiesta accessories.

Hi all,

Have just placed an order for a 5dr Zetec manual in Squeeze. Now doing the impatient wait. :
I've got time to think of some dealer accessories and was wondering about the following:
a) Front/Rear wheel spats - Has anyone fitted them? I can't seem to find a picture anywhere to see what they look like.
b) I-pod connectivity - The brochure isn't clear. Is it just a "special" cable I could pick up somewhere else other than the dealer at a better price or is there something to be installed under dash?

Just a couple of other questions too.
I was told by a dealer the "perimeter alarm" monitors doors, bonnet etc but they couldn't tell me much more. Does it have an audible alarm or what does it do?
With the voice command "thingy", does it just operate the radio or does it do something else?

Thanks,
Julie

Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Congrats Fiesta Girl! If only there were more girls that could understand the awesomeness of the Fiesta and understand utes aren't all that cool. Sorry, ranting on.

To my knoledge there is no such mud spat for the Fiesta, at least the Zetec anyway. I believe Ford have to install some software on the iPod/iPhone cord, so they've been quite tricky here. The alarm does make a sound. When you get the car leave the window down, lock the car then open from the inside. LOUD! Works on all doors and bonnets, as soon as they are opened without the key bam the alarm goes off. Voice control activates the Bluetooth, radio or cd, not sure about the AUX? I hope this helps. Keep us updated with your little rig!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta Girl
Hi all,

Have just placed an order for a 5dr Zetec manual in Squeeze. Now doing the impatient wait. :
I've got time to think of some dealer accessories and was wondering about the following:
a) Front/Rear wheel spats - Has anyone fitted them? I can't seem to find a picture anywhere to see what they look like.
b) I-pod connectivity - The brochure isn't clear. Is it just a "special" cable I could pick up somewhere else other than the dealer at a better price or is there something to be installed under dash?

Just a couple of other questions too.
I was told by a dealer the "perimeter alarm" monitors doors, bonnet etc but they couldn't tell me much more. Does it have an audible alarm or what does it do?
With the voice command "thingy", does it just operate the radio or does it do something else?

Thanks,
Julie
Good colour choice Fiesta Girl.

iPod - regards to the iPod cable you should be able to pick one up from Dicksmiths and places similar. With ordering the Zetec model it might be as easy to get a USB flash drive no cables needed straight plug into the usb jacket.

Alarm - not sure mate, if its anything like the alarm on the GT it only goes into alarm when the door/s is opened.

Voice command - well its bloody great little toy and would be a key feature. It does everything from radio/phone/iPod. You can store radio station, phone numbers this is just some of the stuff you’re able to do. When you get the car in the manual at the back is a list of voice commands and guide you through step by step.

Anyway has the dealer told you when your car is most likely to arrival? I was told by my dealer that any persons that order one now would have to wait till November.

BB
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the Ipod cable front, the Zetec I was in at the car dealers, I bought a 3.5mm aux cable with me and that worked alright and I bought the Ipod data cable, it would show the Ford logo on the Ipod, but I couldn't navigate through my ipod using the head unit?

Its a 6th generation Ipod Classic, maybe you need a different cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

Just checked my brochure, no mud spars fir the Zetec models due to their sporty origins and the rear skirt which would make fitting them difficult, also the side skirt on the 3-door would inhibit the spats. They do sell them for CL and LX without bodykits.

Did some research on the alarm, and it's a similar unit to the one in the XR5.

Ask your Ford dealer about the cord, I was sure there was more to it than just the cord, then again the brochure makes no mention of a software upgrade. Maybe this was just an update to early models??? The reason why your iPod cable won't work is because it's not the nesssesary cable. You need one of those three chord cables to properly integrate the iPod.

You'll be happy with your Zetec, very cool car.
Old 14-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Anyway has the dealer told you when your car is most likely to arrival? I was told by my dealer that any persons that order one now would have to wait till November.
We called in at a Ford dealer in Melbourne over the weekend and were told that all orders for Festiva Zetecs before June had to be presold (no dealer stock). Find that hard to believe as I have driven one demo, and seen one in another showroom.
Anyway, he had a list of Zetecs he was expecting in July and August. Quite a range, so I find November hard to believe. More like the dealer trying to offload the colors they have ordered when yours is not one of them.

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Hi Julie, haven't seen them myself, but with the Fiesta Zetec body kit, I don't think it's required. Unless it's colour coded to your car, it will probably spoil the look of it to be honest.

Quote:
The Zetec has iPod integration standard, however the cable to connect to it is around $50.

Quote:
The Zetec has a double 'deadlock' style of alarm/locking system. One press on the lock button on your key and it locks the doors, another press (2 in total) and it locks the doors from the inside as well. There is an audible alarm that sounds if set off by attempting to open the doors, but when locking the car there is no beeping sound to indicate you have activated it. The indicators just flash when you double locked the vehicle.

Quote:
Operates most, if not all the command centre features including phone, auxilary (iPod or MP3 player), radio, & CD player.

Hope that helps
Colville
Old 15-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife accidently set the alarm off somehow one night when she came home, I didn't even know it had one but I certainly do now :S, it's plenty loud. I've seen a picture of the optional little plastic mud flaps somewhere but not sure where I saw them of if they were only for the non body kit models, it may have been on Fords website
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Fiesta Girl

Wink

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Its really been a big help. I'm told the car will arrive late July/early August but from what I'm reading in this forum, I'm not sure I'll believe the delivery date until I'm sitting in it. _2:
Was thinking about the optional 17" inch wheels but they seem a bit expensive. Might opt for wheels from a third party source.
Did anyone purchase the mats from the dealer? Nice to have ones shaped to fit in the vehicle (rather than generic rectangular ones) but not if the quality is poor and price outrageous.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For something like $60 you can gave good quality Fiesta branded mats for front and rear. But they do the luxury mats, twice as much but I bet they really do have a good feel.

I wanted the 17 inch rims too, maybe in time. Very expensive...
Old 15-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon

I wanted the 17 inch rims too, maybe in time. Very expensive...
I think they really make a difference over the 16". Here they are one my wifes black Zetec. Tyres are very good to!
Old 16-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to confess, your wives car looks absolutly stunning. Good photography too LOL. The 17s look extremely hot, but for near on two grand my budget says no. Ill buy the rims and tyres in a few months and then sell my current 16s on the net. Hopefully should only cost me a grand then. But they do look the part mate, your wife must be tickled pink, or should we say soho!!!
Old 17-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #13
killer_taxi

Quote:
Did anyone purchase the mats from the dealer? Nice to have ones shaped to fit in the vehicle (rather than generic rectangular ones) but not if the quality is poor and price outrageous.
I'd look at it this way. When your spending 20 odd thousand on a new car, I don't think spending an extra $150 on good quality mats that match the car should be an issue. I'd always recommend a genuine set of mats.
Also just as a side note, the carpet in the Fiesta (also Focus and Escape for that matter) are extremely hard to vacuum clean if treated poorly and no mats are used. Sand and pet hair can be impossible to get out of the carpet. So I’d do all I can to have as much of the carpet covered up by getting the perfectly fitting genuine mats. Its always easier to clean the mats then the carpet.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Fiesta Girl

I'm getting excited....just been told my Zetec could be ready for delivery as early as Friday. :

Thought of a couple of other questions.....
Looked at some Youtube videos and (clearly) some overseas models have features we don't get....like climate control air.
Do ours get things like "height adjustable" headlamps, "auto on" headlamps, "rain sensing" wipers????

Also, how is everyone finding the "voice activation"? Gimmicky or useful. The Americans seem to have a real problem with getting it to do what they want. How is it with an aussie accent? Does it just control the phone/radio/CD/Aux or does it do anything else?

Thanks
Old 23-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
Zetec Dave

How is it that you getting it this Friday when you only just ordered yours not long ago whereas other like myself have been waiting since Feb? I really don't understand it!!!

Anyway, as however painful it is for us, congrats to you and hope you enjoy your car.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #16
Fiesta Girl

Ummm...when I ordered, managed to fluke picking up a cancelled order. However, I'll believe it when I'm sitting in it.
Old 23-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Ummm...when I ordered, managed to fluke picking up a cancelled order. However, I'll believe it when I'm sitting in it.
I suppose some people are getting annoyed and probably can't wait any longer and found something else instead due to the excessively long wait for it hence the cancellations and benefits for some later buyers who happened to be interested in the same colour as the cancelled orders. Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to sound like anyone else here ordered a moondust silver apart from myself. I saw one on the road a few weeks ago and it looked absolutely stunning. Would look even better with the 17 inch wheels though. Which lead me to my question, is anybody here interested in buying my standard zetec 16" wheels off me when I get the car?
Old 23-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #18
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Fiesta Girl.

We don't get the light sensitive auto on/off headlighs, or rain sensing wipers. We do get the 'follow me home' lighting which leaves the head lights on for either 30 seconds when all doors are closed, or three minutes when doors are open. We also get the cool 'submarine lighting' inside which emits a georgeous red glow throughout the cabin.

At first the Voice Control was annoying, but you say things clearly and don't get mad it's VERY usefull. Especially if you have a Bluetooth mobile (my iPhone loves my Fiesta!)
Old 24-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #19
Magenta_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to sound like anyone else here ordered a moondust silver apart from myself. I saw one on the road a few weeks ago and it looked absolutely stunning.
I finally ordered my zetec in moondust silver a few days ago so you're not the only one! My dealer told me that it will be arriving late july early august and i got a call from him yesterday saying it will be at the dealer in a day or two but i dont understand how he said it will be arriving july/august but now its going to be here in a day or two used:
Magenta_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta_
I finally ordered my zetec in moondust silver a few days ago so you're not the only one! My dealer told me that it will be arriving late july early august and i got a call from him yesterday saying it will be at the dealer in a day or two but i dont understand how he said it will be arriving july/august but now its going to be here in a day or two used:
Where are you located mate? Maybe they do a specific shipment of a certain range of colours per batch? I certainly hope that the Zetec they told you that's arriving soon is not the only one cause there's a possibility it may be mine or someone elses? Did you order a manual one cause that's what I ordered. I'm also expecting mine to arrive at the docks within the next few days too.
Old 24-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #21
Magenta_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Where are you located mate? Maybe they do a specific shipment of a certain range of colours per batch? I certainly hope that the Zetec they told you that's arriving soon is not the only one cause there's a possibility it may be mine or someone elses? Did you order a manual one cause that's what I ordered. I'm also expecting mine to arrive at the docks within the next few days too.
I'm from Sydney and i ordered an automatic i can't drive manual lol
Old 24-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta_
I'm from Sydney and i ordered an automatic i can't drive manual lol
Hmm, so that mean thay maybe Ford Europe have finally made a batch of silver zetecs for Australia. YAY!!! About time DAMN IT!!!

Well I guess I'll be calling up the dealer on Friday casue that's when its expected to arrive and see whats what. Well fingers crossed for both os us and anyone else who's waiting that our cars are finally arriving!!!
Old 26-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
Magenta_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hmm, so that mean thay maybe Ford Europe have finally made a batch of silver zetecs for Australia. YAY!!! About time DAMN IT!!!

Well I guess I'll be calling up the dealer on Friday casue that's when its expected to arrive and see whats what. Well fingers crossed for both os us and anyone else who's waiting that our cars are finally arriving!!!
I rang up my dealer this morning and i was told my car would be arriving today but i won't be picking up my car until monday because im getting interior protection and window tinting done