Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-10-2021, 03:50 PM   #3811
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Same as going to a Dr who doesn't bulk bill. Doesn't matter how long you've paid tax for you pay the Dr's price and get a bit back from Medicare.
WA seems to have a different system to NSW, I wish I never moved here to be honest, always treated respectfully in Sydney, can't get to see a neurosurgeon in Perth, reason, not in a health fund, even offered cash, still no go, that was 2009, had to go back to Sydney for cervical spine surgery, refused here, the system here is falling to bits, never-ending the billions of dollars in surplus and ambulance ramping at every public hospital, its not good mate, my Sydney neurosurgeon just said they are trying to use the American system here, and they are!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #3812
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
WA seems to have a different system to NSW, I wish I never moved here to be honest, always treated respectfully in Sydney, can't get to see a neurosurgeon in Perth, reason, not in a health fund, even offered cash, still no go, that was 2009, had to go back to Sydney for cervical spine surgery, refused here, the system here is falling to bits, never-ending the billions of dollars in surplus and ambulance ramping at every public hospital, its not good mate, my Sydney neurosurgeon just said they are trying to use the American system here, and they are!
you saved $100 on something you didnt want
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #3813
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
They had me as an " outpatient, elective surgery? " for 4 years, in a public hospital, or the public system, for lung cancer?...they wait too long to operate, drag the chain, so go in staged 1a and come out staged 3a?
Now I am to be charged for their mistakes, told em to bill James Hardie, have paid taxes and the Medicare levy now they want more, told em to leave me alone, its really stressing me out, they will not leave me alone Gasolane, I'm nearly 69 and just so very tired now, just want to be left in peace eh!
Well that is everyone's bane I suppose, you are not the only one going through this ****, it also my life story with medical issues.
But on the bright side you still here tapping away on the keyboard.
Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2021, 08:57 PM   #3814
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Well that is everyone's bane I suppose, you are not the only one going through this ****, it also my life story with medical issues.
But on the bright side you still here tapping away on the keyboard.
Cheers.
I have never met anyone on an elective surgery waiting list for malignant adenacarcinoma lung cancer?...never ever, hip surgery yes, knee surgery yes, malignant adenacarcinoma no, never, neither has anyone I have met with cancer?
They pull out all stops for malignant cancer, even my GP was astonished, I only had surgery when the physician was contacted by Health Minister Roger Cook, who I threatened with legal action, and an interview with A Current Affair TV program!

The system in WA is gone, to the dogs, its broken, can't be fixed, it most definitely will collapse under a covid assault, hence the govs determination to keep us isolated, its to do with a health dept implosion, its right on the brink now, that's why our border is so precious to McGowan, protected from the Eastern Menace!

PS - It's not everyone's bane!....it's my burden only!.I am happy about it, nobody carries another's " bane " in this case cancer, nobody its all yours!

Last edited by slowsnake; 21-10-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Add PS
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #3815
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I have never met anyone on an elective surgery waiting list for malignant adenacarcinoma lung cancer?...never ever, hip surgery yes, knee surgery yes, malignant adenacarcinoma no, never, neither has anyone I have met with cancer?
They pull out all stops for malignant cancer, even my GP was astonished, I only had surgery when the physician was contacted by Health Minister Roger Cook, who I threatened with legal action, and an interview with A Current Affair TV program!

The system in WA is gone, to the dogs, its broken, can't be fixed, it most definitely will collapse under a covid assault, hence the govs determination to keep us isolated, its to do with a health dept implosion, its right on the brink now, that's why our border is so precious to McGowan, protected from the Eastern Menace!

PS - It's not everyone's bane!....it's my burden only!.I am happy about it, nobody carries another's " bane " in this case cancer, nobody its all yours!
I give up, hope everything works out for you.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2021, 10:16 PM   #3816
slowsnake
Banned

On a happier note, am booked in with my GP tomorrow morning for my 2nd Pfizer vaccination!

Question....Do I need to have a booster 3rd vaccination?
Heard a lot about it, but is there a certain protocol, does it apply to all vaccines?
Old 21-10-2021, 10:18 PM   #3817
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
On a happier note, am booked in with my GP tomorrow morning for my 2nd Pfizer vaccination!

Question....Do I need to have a booster 3rd vaccination?
Heard a lot about it, but is there a certain protocol, does it apply to all vaccines?
Probably better off asking your GP than on a Car forum, despite all the experts we have here.
Old 21-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #3818
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Take the adversarial approach. The doctors should justify why you can’t have it, if that is their belief.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #3819
slowsnake
Banned

Well it's 7am here in an icy cold Perth, just leaving for my Pfizer 2, will get any additional info for/about booster shots and put it up on forum if relevant!
Old 22-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #3820
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well it's 7am here in an icy cold Perth, just leaving for my Pfizer 2, will get any additional info for/about booster shots and put it up on forum if relevant!
Yep, me too in about 2 hours, hope I don't get crook like I did after the first one.
It's not icy cold you sook, under 10 degrees is cold.
Old 22-10-2021, 12:10 PM   #3821
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
…It's not icy cold you sook, under 10 degrees is cold.
I was once doing a garden in Launceston where it was 3° and sunny at 11:00. Cut my thumb right through the glove (very sharp sécateurs) and being that cold it didn’t hurt (or bleed) until it thawed out! But I was still working in “Gaso shorts”.
Old 22-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #3822
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Yep, me too in about 2 hours, hope I don't get crook like I did after the first one.
It's not icy cold you sook, under 10 degrees is cold.
It was 9.9°C, that's cold to me
Old 22-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #3823
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Probably better off asking your GP than on a Car forum, despite all the experts we have here.
You know I have told a hell of a lot of people I meet, just going about my day to day business, chatting about Covid-19 that they will find the most up to date and comprehensive information including graphs and world wide covid infected countries, including numbers infected, injected and dead, all on the Covid thread on AFF, and they don't have to own a Ford!
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #3824
.:4:.
Kicking back

After seemingly forever the wide arm suspension kit for my rc car came in today. It was ordered from the USA. So did a disco reco. The arms themselves arent hard to change, a tad time consuming, but not difficult. The fiddly bits were the steering rods and changing of the springs. The really fiddly bit was changing tha axle half shafts. Those things have the smallest circlips ive ever seen. So surgeon hands with tweezers to remove them. I didnt lose any, but the kit did come with a new set which i assume is because theyre easily broken or lost. So with the claimed handling and stability of a 40mm track width extention im looking forward to test that claim. Issue is i fried the electronic speed controller a few days back. I ordered a new one, its from australia so hopefully shouldnt take an eternity to arrive.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #3825
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An email, "Arriving today: Let it Be (50th Anniversary)".....and it actually arrived today.

Nice box of goodies to explore.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2021, 09:44 AM   #3826
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
After seemingly forever the wide arm suspension kit for my rc car came in today. It was ordered from the USA. So did a disco reco. The arms themselves arent hard to change, a tad time consuming, but not difficult. The fiddly bits were the steering rods and changing of the springs. The really fiddly bit was changing tha axle half shafts. Those things have the smallest circlips ive ever seen. So surgeon hands with tweezers to remove them. I didnt lose any, but the kit did come with a new set which i assume is because theyre easily broken or lost. So with the claimed handling and stability of a 40mm track width extention im looking forward to test that claim. Issue is i fried the electronic speed controller a few days back. I ordered a new one, its from australia so hopefully shouldnt take an eternity to arrive.
Are we ever going to see a picture of your RC?
I would really like to see what it is that floats your boat with so much enthusiasm!
Old 23-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #3827
.:4:.
Kicking back

I dont do internet photos. But in short, its a traxxas maxx 4s. The list of parts ive busted and replaced/upgraded is longer then whats original. That doesnt mean its not a rugged unit, i just run it at 11 10ths all the time. But thats the whole point, you cannot do that in a real car on the streets without connotations.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #3828
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I dont do internet photos.
Why not, it's easy.... http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11482048
Old 23-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #3829
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I dont do internet photos. But in short, its a traxxas maxx 4s. The list of parts ive busted and replaced/upgraded is longer then whats original. That doesnt mean its not a rugged unit, i just run it at 11 10ths all the time. But thats the whole point, you cannot do that in a real car on the streets without connotations.
Thanks, I looked it up and watched some racing on YouTube, I can understand the attraction!
Old 23-10-2021, 11:39 PM   #3830
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Still hounding Oz Post for donuts!
I live in hope.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #3831
slowsnake
Banned

Reading about the Mellbourne Cox Plate in paper, a protest was lodged, after 30 mins dismissed??
No way José, I watched it, the second horse won!..money talks in all circles of life!
Old 24-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #3832
slowsnake
Banned

It's not often I feel good twice in one morning or day, but as I progress through my Sunday newspaper I see something that restores my faith not in only humanity, but, in the Australian judicial system.
The big end of town seems to me to be full of very powerful individuals, they gorge themselves on the workers taxes, no repast is great enough for some, some want more than their entitlement, and do things that the average person neither sees or understands!

Greed, its supposedly one of the seven deadly sins, some of us succumb, others don't, the others are liars, but this one person and his greedy selfish family and relatives were caught!

Who am I talking about?....could be anyone in politics or any "corrupt" businessman.

But it's Eddie Obeid, who has finally received his just desserts, no redemption for this sly, lying and corrupt fellow.
Yesterday he was driven to Sydney's Silverwater prison, sitting in the front seat of a Range Rover, he was at 10am to begin a 7 year sentence, which he will serve no doubt in better conditions than those poor wretches sentenced by fate, those without proper legal representation, just some Government appointed solicitor, whose skills and judgement would be better served defending his sheep from marauding wild dogs.

No Mr Obeid, will not serve his appointed time, 7 years, but only 3 years and 10 months, then parole.
He conspired with other family members to defraud the hard working rank and file workers of $30 million dollars from his position as a NSW Labour Minister, that's the bit that hurts most, a minister representing the working man, what a bloody disgrace!

I will think about him tonight when I sit out front, with my cat, both free as the birds my cat chases!
Old 25-10-2021, 02:10 PM   #3833
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Arepa for lunch, dropped off fresh by some South American friends yesterday afternoon. Nice, simple, filling food.

Yes, I added some tomato sauce!
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #3834
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I'll open by saying this is not my cup of tea, but, a bit like a gymnast, I can appreciate the strength needed to do this.

Found out yesterday that our friend, David, got 3rd in the International Pole Sports Federation Masters 40+ division.

Well done David!

David's performance is at 2:57:15

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #3835
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which one is he, the one on the left or right?
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #3836
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Which one is he, the one on the left or right?
Oh yes, I forgot to add to the bottom of my post: bring on the jokes

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #3837
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Oh yes, I forgot to add to the bottom of my post: bring on the jokes
Seems you have lots of athletic people in your family!
Old 26-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #3838
slowsnake
Banned

No docs appointments until next Tuesday, yippee, free at last, also my Doctors secretary had her Hyundai Sonata fixed, $700 at the local Hyundai dealer, Autobahn quoted her $2,300, no kidding, I could of done it but too fiddly, under dash, air blend actuator failed, so no hot air, just cold, icy cold at 5am in Perth, excellent result, and she's a very nice and kind lady, too cool
Old 26-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #3839
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

15 years long service with current employer.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #3840
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a free lunch?
2 users like this post: