Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #301
nstg8a

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Maybe it is legit, there's also reports of a jet flying very low over islands on a similar trajectory
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #302
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Isnt that area covered in mangroves?
Good point, didn't think of that, hence the 'small trees'.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #303
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Taken by me late last year returning from Sth Korea:

Pretty similar situation actually...

2nd one is interesting seeing as the terrain may represent what is below the image posted...

White shadow??? Hmmmm...

Old 19-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #304
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Maybe it is legit, there's also reports of a jet flying very low over islands on a similar trajectory
My mum loves to tell the story of a very naughty boy that likes yellow who was always in trouble at school.

Anyway, the year 1 teacher returned to her class to find that it was unlocked and a valuable item on her desk was played with and broken on the floor.

She was furious! She roused and roused, demanding to know what happened. She asked for the culprit to step forward before the trouble they were in got worse than it was already.

That didn't work. Ok, so now she requested that if anyone knows who did it to raise their hands and dob in the culprit....

One had went up "Miss, it was XXX"... then another, then another.

After a minute it was 'obvious' by all reports that XXX was to blame. After all, all these people that witnessed this event couldn't be wrong, and stories started to emerge of how skillfully I.. I mean 'XXX' opened the door while the teacher on duty had their back to the room, played with the item and dropped it.

Why was the teacher a little shocked with all these 'reports'....

XXX just happened to be home sick that day!

Some people perhaps want their 15 minutes of fame, some people can make an honest mistake, and others just want to be caught up in the saga in any way they can.

What happened to the oil rig worker who witnessed the plain coming down in a fireball???

Old 19-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #305
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Now this has come out

Maldives residents have reported seeing a ''low-flying jumbo jet'' on the morning that the missing Malaysian Airlines plane vanished from civilian radar and lost contact with ground controllers.

The sightings from the small island nation in the Indian Ocean, about 700 kilometres south-west of Sri Lanka, offered some consistencies with the missing flight MH370.

The large plane was reported to be white with red stripes, which was consistent with the Malaysia Airlines fleet.

It was said to have made an incredibly loud noise as it flew over the the island of Kuda Huvadhoo at about 6.15am on March 8, according to Maldives newspaper Haveeru Daily.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before,'' one witness told the newspaper.

''We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

''It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

Mohamed Zaheem, the island councillor of Kuda Huvadhoo, told the newspaper that other residents had also spoken of the incident.

The residents claimed the plane was flying towards the southern tip of the Maldives, the Addu Atoll.

Investigators have not commented on the reported sighting in the Maldives.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/98...ent-with-MH370
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #306
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I'll be the first on the forum and categorically state that the plane was secretly flown to Diego Garcia? Of course I have no evidence which makes it even more plausible.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #307
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I'll be the first on the forum and categorically state that the plane was secretly flown to Diego Garcia? Of course I have no evidence which makes it even more plausible.
With DG being an outstation-base for B52 bombers and logistics for the Middle East, I'd imagine the Military Police there would flip out if an unidentified and unannounced airliner just rocked up.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #308
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
With DG being an outstation-base for B52 bombers and logistics for the Middle East, I'd imagine the Military Police there would flip out if an unidentified and unannounced airliner just rocked up.
Yeah but part of my conspiracy involves the CIA having secret capabilities where they can take control of all Boeing built planes. Once the plane landed, it had its wings and fuselage cut off, the plane is now hidden in one of the dry shelters that are normally used to store the B2's. The crew and passengers were flown to Gitmo.
Old 19-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #309
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Yeah but part of my conspiracy involves the CIA having secret capabilities where they can take control of all Boeing built planes. Once the plane landed, it had its wings and fuselage cut off, the plane is now hidden in one of the dry shelters that are normally used to store the B2's. The crew and passengers were flown to Gitmo.
But what would be the point? So far there has been nothing extraordinary about the passengers or cargo that would warrant such an action. Plus Chinese intelligence services would be squawking like a flock of cockies on a powerline if they even had a sniff something dodgy like that had happened.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #310
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
You mean the theory that was presented back in post 274 (http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=274) and some number of posts before that (sorry, couldn't find it)...???

You need to come up with your own conspiracy theories....

Craig H.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #311
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
Now this has come out

[B][I]Maldives residents have reported seeing a ''low-flying jumbo jet'' on the morning that the missing Malaysian Airlines plane vanished from civilian radar and lost contact with ground controllers.
...snip...
The large plane was reported to be white with red stripes, which was consistent with the Malaysia Airlines fleet.
...snip...
''We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.
So, they were close enough to be able to make out the doors on this mysterious aircraft, but weren't able to distinguish the large 'MALAYSIA' in blue letters painted down the side of the aircraft?

15 minutes of famers, IMHO.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #312
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There seems to be so much speculation and "expert" opinion floating around at the moment that its hard to filter the facts from the absurd.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #313
gtfpv
GT

the plane landed apparently . Rock Hudson , Sammy Davis junior , Elvis and Micheal Jackson were all seen discreetly getting into an unmarked bus, i was reluctant at 1st to believe this , but MJ was the only one who didnt require walking aids , therefore i'm now reserved on my thinking , all the other passengers were given new identities and told never to contact family members or they along with all their relatives will be shot next time they enter any drive through fast food service anywhere in the world .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #314
ray38l

wouldn't be surprised if its America that's starting all of the conspiracy theories. THey would know alot more about what has happened but wouldn't want it all released because it would expose what there military is capable of in terms of monitoring other countres. it is easier for them to make the Malaysians look incompetent. that's my theory now I will take my tin foil hat off.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #315
No.6

This article is a very interesting read, which ties in nicely with a lot of the information already given by Malaysian authorities. It paints a picture of the pilots actually being heroes due to the circumstances they may have had to face. I implore you guys to read it, as it certainly provides a different perspective on what may have happened rather than a hijacking or a new world order conspiracy.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

Its written by a pilot, who puts himself in the shoes of the Malaysian flight crew if it was indeed an electrical fire that hit MH370.

I honestly feel sorry for the pilots families if this story is actually what happened, as they have pretty much been slammed and painted by the media as being terrorists, when infact they could be heroes.

EDIT: if I recall correctly this may even correlate with the sighting by the NZ guy on the oil platform, where he saw a plane on fire...
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #316
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

A question for those that know

Does the black box transmission only start to be activated if the plane crashes, like air bags going off, or is it on all the time?
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #317
sixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
This article is a very interesting read, which ties in nicely with a lot of the information already given by Malaysian authorities. It paints a picture of the pilots actually being heroes due to the circumstances they may have had to face. I implore you guys to read it, as it certainly provides a different perspective on what may have happened rather than a hijacking or a new world order conspiracy.

Its written by a pilot, who puts himself in the shoes of the Malaysian flight crew if it was indeed an electrical fire that hit MH370.

I honestly feel sorry for the pilots families if this story is actually what happened, as they have pretty much been slammed and painted by the media as being terrorists, when infact they could be heroes.

EDIT: if I recall correctly this may even correlate with the sighting by the NZ guy on the oil platform, where he saw a plane on fire...

Didnt the plane change direction again though?
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #318
No.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixman View Post
Didnt the plane change direction again though?
I'm not too sure. Theres been so much information and misinformation and backflipping that all the details have been lost on me. Just saw an article on ninemsn now declaring that the last voice transmission was made AFTER the plane had already changed course, implying that the pilots had the intention of hijacking the plane.

I just want the damn thing found and the truth about the flight to come out.
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #319
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Why don't all planes have a GPS system that cant be turn off? That way you would know exactly where it is/crashed. If tractors can have auto steer with 2cm accuracy surely a plane can have a GPS locating system.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #320
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Why don't all planes have a GPS system that cant be turn off? That way you would know exactly where it is/crashed. If tractors can have auto steer with 2cm accuracy surely a plane can have a GPS locating system.
I guess, 'can't' be turned off is near impossible. Even if there was no physical switch, it could be turned off with the cut of a wire or the pulling of a fuse.

Old 19-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #321
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I am sure a system could be developed easily in which it's sole purpose is to show the location of the plane. Have it mounted in the tail where it can only be accessed from the exterior of the plane. It could have its own power supply/battery backup. It would be a little difficult to disable that from the cockpit.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #322
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I am sure a system could be developed easily. Have it mounted if the tail where it can only be accessed from the exterior of the plane. It could have its own power supply/battery backup. It would be a little difficult to disable that from the cockpit.
True, but then you have other issues from that such as lack of control should the system malfunction and the ability of the tracking data to be used for wrong doing.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 19-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 19-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #323
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Most commercial aircraft transmit their (GPS based) position real time, it's called ADS-B (though not technically mandadetd as compulsory till 2020). The problem is not on the transmission side, but on the receiver side. The signal travels line of sight so beyond the horizon you won't receive it. Over large bodies of water there is no coverage.
It would require a network of many buoys to cover all seas, this is far too expensive.
Another possibility is to put ADS-B receivers on satellites. This concept is being developed by Thales Alenia Space and Iridium at the moment. The first satellites will launch next year, the system is expected to be operational in 2018.

and this is not the first large aricraft t go missing recently
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226856947629

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #324
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and the amount of data a commercial airliner would produce would make transmiting it storing it and reviewing it a large task. In 2013, there were around 36 million flights, with 281 total fatalities — and only 105 of those were on commercial jetliners. Compare this to car accidents, where in the US alone 34,080 people died in 2012.

Not a big impetus for teh airlines to instigate costly technology.

have a look here for a visualisation of Global air traffic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7_yzypm5w

and just the USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9r3H4iHFZk

JP

Last edited by jpblue1000; 19-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #325
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
You mean the theory that was presented back in post 274 (http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=274) and some number of posts before that (sorry, couldn't find it)...???

You need to come up with your own conspiracy theories....

Craig H.
Bugger!
Old 19-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #326
nstg8a

Quote:

Too many 'ifs' and a few 'but's too...

Especially, if that scenario is correct how did the engines keep their handshake ping going for 3-4 hours?

A good plausible theory, but that's all it is, and it doesn't align with the evidence.

As for the oil rig sighting, aren't they trying to say it was a metoeor now?

Dunno how someone could confuse a jetliner on fire with a big chunk of icey rock from outer space though lol
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #327
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Dunno how someone could confuse a jetliner on fire with a big chunk of icey rock from outer space though lol
You'd be surprised. It is well documented that in aircraft investigations eye witnesses can be as useful as they are misleading.

In this case, the eye witness would possibly not have thought the object was an aircraft until such time as he herd reports about the missing aircraft. Then he put two and two together and got 5. Well, at least that is a possibility.

And that is why eyewitness statements are treated with a lot of wariness.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #328
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:

This seems the most plausible explanation to me.
I think as each day goes by the theories are growing wilder and wilder... I bet it is something as simple as this that happened.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #329
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...ysiaplane.html
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #330
Bridgette01
Happy Wife = Happy Life

I was in the back yard this afternoon doing some gardening, in Melbourne east, when I faintly heard a commercial jet, very high up in the sky. I wondered to my self, how much pressure are the pilots of that aircraft under? What are those pilots whispering to eachother in the pilots lounge? Do we have any commercial pilots on the forum?

G6ET 2010 Seduce. Tax return = GTX upgrade DONE
Bridgette01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post