Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #10
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The problem with social media and us blokes on here is that we all talk about stuff we know nufink about just to big note ourselves.
Speak for yourself...

russelw's graphs are really basic data analysis (not to trivialise them, I'm really grateful for him doing it for me). These data sets are easy. I used to work for the csiro and you'd feint if you saw the mud I had to try and pull trends out of.

Unfortunately the general population have learned not to trust data analysis because it can be driven in any direction you want if you have an agenda. Witness road safety and both sides of global warming....and this virus thing

If it's done properly, which has to include a transparent analysis and access he the raw data, it can be extremely useful. russelw has been doing a really good job of distilling the information into easily understood form. Small round of applause...
7 users like this post: