Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
lotsy
Feisty

Talking Finally My Fog Lights!!

Finally after three months of attempting to get the right parts I now have fully functional fog lights. : So what do you'se reckon worth it or not.

Have more photo's but will post later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (39.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg P1010102 a.jpg (64.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P1010020 a.jpg (60.5 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by lotsy; 13-03-2005 at 02:26 AM.
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

where are the pics?

ohhh by the way, about a month ago did you get a call from a guy at ford asking you to look inside the box your fog lights came with to check if they had a bulb?? :P if so i was there and i was hounding them to know exactly what came in the package.
was it difficult to install?
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 02:09 AM   #3
lotsy
Feisty

Yeah stevo rang me - I thought it might have been you - it's not a package you have to order everything piece by piece all you get with the fog lights is the light itself and of course the bulb.
Old 13-03-2005, 02:29 AM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Looking very sharp!

A great addition, I know you have been waiting for this for a while! Ever since you bought the car, haha.

Congratulations, and can't wait to write up a How To tutorial with you when I get back - and go for a cruise of course!

Tim!
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

hey!... it looks really good. Adds that extra element to it. Pic is nice as well. All you need is the Ghia grill, so when your coming up my **** on the road, ill think your a rich chick in a Ghia LOL. Nice... looks good. How much did it set you back all together?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 02:32 AM   #6
lotsy
Feisty

Roughly $400.00 but it took about 3 months to get the right parts in (Fords stuff up). Everything takes so long when it's gotta come in from over seas. But we're happy with it so in the end all else really doesn't matter now.
Old 13-03-2005, 02:41 AM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, it really looks good. Congrats. No more stocky LX... seems like everyone here with Fiestas are doing mods. You got any future plans?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 13-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

400 ?!?!?! i was told around the 260 mark. did you install them or did you take it to ford to install.
Old 14-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
lotsy
Feisty

Like I said before in another forum - $100.00 per light, $90.00 for the switch, $35.00 per bezzel then extra cost for wires and stuff so between $350.00 and $400.00. And no we installed them ourselves.
Old 14-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

nice job there. do you find they make a big difference when driving at night (or maybe you arent using them at night?)...I love my foggies on my Focus, they are always on day/night rail/hail/shine...
Old 14-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

its a nice fine when you get caught with them on....

Old 14-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #12
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
its a nice fine when you get caught with them on....
ok not trying to be a smart **** here but....

I have been through a heap of breath testing stops with my front foggies on and not one word said, even pulled into the BP up the road from my place one night wth 4 highway patrol cars lined up in the servo, they watched me come in lights on and all and not one word said and this was at about 11pm at night.

If I was to get caught you know what, I would take the fine to court and argue the 2 following points:
1. Road rules on lights and the times of use are not clear, (although there is no mens rea for traffic offences so it is a redundant argument after you have been caught the first time)
2. Having them on provides for added safety for myself and others on the road as my vehicle is more easily seen in all conditions.

but seing I have had so many contact with the fuzz and not one mention of the foggies I am not too concerned (I even had them on my AU Falcon and was pulled a couple of times and nothing said)
Old 14-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

i guess it also depends on your age.. if your a young driver they are more likely to go out of their way to be nobs
Old 14-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ive been done for my foglights (theyre actually driving lights but i've put them in the brake ducts - usual spot for foggies) on 2 seperate occasions. $88 each time. not fun.

I use them, but i turn them off in town.
Old 15-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

they do also distract oncoming traffic, just like having high beams. Have a look at SS commodores with them on.... the fogs are brighter then the normal lights... Ive been given a warning 2 times... although in my dad's car, which states they are "driving lights". Oh well, i dont want fines so i dont leave them on any more. Purely for photo shots (like magazines do) or for real fog, like from syd to wollongong on cold cloudy days

Old 15-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I got dusted by the cops the very day I bought my Focus (a sign of things to come, regarding police and my Focus, but that's another story LOL) for having my fogs on!

Fogs? Did I have them on? I just picked up the car, I wasn't aware! py:

Got threatened with an $88 fine - it's something the Newy cops love to pick on, so when I am cruising thru town, I'll only put them on if I am game haha.

I do use them in carparks though, remain as visible as possible - had some close calls by people not watching! In fact, my previous car (EF Falcon) got T-boned in the car park the day I bought it.

Cars! Who needs them!

Back on topic, they look great Lee Anne! Can't wait to see them, soon!

Tim!
Old 15-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
0xyg3n

The joys of living in vic hehe I drive around with my fogs on all the time and I havnot even had the cops look at me. Law here for fogs is they must be a white or yellow light and angle down on the road not to dazzel other drivers. It doesnot matter if you have them on day or night.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

YEA EXACTLY!!!! i agree with Oxyg3n.... if you turn of the main lights, and leave just a low beam and the fog lights, they dont even shine much to cars that are oncoming.... most of the light is dispersed to 3m infront of the car, towards the road

Old 15-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

if that makes sense... as in... my fog lights shine towards the ground... they dont help too much... and dont blind oncoming traffic. More a cosmetic touch. The rear foglight however is very bright

Old 15-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Foglights are just stupid at night time.. Fair enough during the day when they dont reflect as much, but at nite time unless its raining or theres fog turn them off...

I followed a Focus one night for about 40 kms out in the bush with it rear foglight on and I was nearly at the point where I wanted to run him off the road.. They are distracting and bloody annoying.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, rear foglights are heaps bright and annoying.... although my dad has HRV (i kno... but it looks ok with mags, wing and tint) with a roof mount wing that has LED lights from one side of the car to another... its really annoying for those behind him. Every time he brakes, the car behind lights up in Red. LOL... i sometimes play with the brake to annoy my friends behind me LOL when im stopped of course.

Old 16-03-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Foglights are just stupid at night time.. Fair enough during the day when they dont reflect as much, but at nite time unless its raining or theres fog turn them off...

I followed a Focus one night for about 40 kms out in the bush with it rear foglight on and I was nearly at the point where I wanted to run him off the road.. They are distracting and bloody annoying.
You are referring to the rear fog light, which should only be used in fog, and I agree that that red rear light is bloody annoying (just like on an excel) ...the earlier posts were discussing the front fog lights on the Focus.

Just further to this thread I have dug up this link to the rta web site which lists: List of general offences, demerit points and fines - September 2004

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul...ts_general.pdf

Check out the section "Lights", Rule 217(1)
Check out the section "General Offences", CI55(a) Unlawful use of fog lights, not that lawful or unlawful use is explained.

Both carry $75 fine, 217(1) attracts 1 point demerit, CI55(a) nil points.

Interesting check out CI84

Last edited by whippet_zetec; 16-03-2005 at 10:04 AM.
whippet_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #23
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

The Focus has pretty bright front fog lights. When i was swapping over the rear fog light into a reverser, a mate of mine helping out made a point of how my front fog lights "STING" when im behind him at night lol.

Whippet, i read through the regulations and road rules on lights, and with the front fogs, it just says they can be on in fog or when conditions are hazardous reducing visibility, i would class driving at night hazardous enough, especially with the idiots on the road who cant drive properly, really get em to notice you on the road. So if this is the case, why are the pigs on our asses when it isnt very clearly stated.

But yes, they do have a fetish for pulling over people with fog lights on. Ive been done when i had them on in my EB but got off with a warning, but this was at 3:00am driving home from fishing with a mate, they musn't have had anything else better to do. But am yet to be pulled over with them on in my Focus and like you i have driven past heaps of Patrol Cars and gone through RBT's without question. Same goes for my radar detector.... touch wood

Last edited by chevaps; 16-03-2005 at 06:25 PM.
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #24
whippet_zetec
Supes

lol..there is a whole bit on radar detectors in the legislation thread I put in....
Old 16-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Can i clarify something?

So, Focus has a rear fog light. Why the hell do you need one at the rear, and how is it operated (does it come on with the front ones or something?)
It'll be the first thing to go if i get one - make them both reverse lights.

I dont really understand how it works or how it's turned on or off.
Old 16-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #26
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

The Focus has a multi function light switch.

Rotating the switch from OFF clockwise once turns on the parkers. Rotating it further clockwise turns on headlights.

In either parkers or headlights, you can pull the switch to turn on the front fog lights. Pull it twice and you turn on the sole rear fog light.

The rear fog light is designed so that idiots flying along in treacherous foggy conditions can see you from alot further back than standard tail lights, when they are approaching you at great speed. The only downfall is when people use them in non foggy conditions, because they are much brighter than the tail lights. In the right conditions, the rear fog light could save your life. And I drive in enough fog to keep the light, it will save my life one day.

Hope that clears it up a little!

Tim
Old 16-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #27
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Can i clarify something?

So, Focus has a rear fog light. Why the hell do you need one at the rear,
So when visibillity is absolutely rat$hit , you dont get some idiot fly up into your A$$ end.
Similar reason F1 cars etc have the redlight at the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #28
whippet_zetec
Supes

I wouldnt give mine up, winter around my way is fog city so its comes in very handy in diverting P Plate Skyline drivers from my Foci's rear end.
Old 27-08-2005, 11:47 PM   #29
MV54

Smile

Nice lotsy... looks great.

I'm about to add fogs to my LX almost got all the gear to do it... just I know that to add them to the LX bumper you need to cut the grill out to fit the fogs and their surrounds.

Wondered how you did this or if you got the front skirt off a zetec / ghia and slotted them in?

Cheers for the help

We're discussing this over at the UKFiestaNetwork: http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index...=68505&hl=fogs, but I'll check back here too.

Stewart.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Check on eurofordclub.com website... its got all the info on a how to do, and also its got all the parts and part numbers needed to do it.... Good Luck with it!