Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-11-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Default Bleeding brakes to replace fluid

Hello,

My car is a 2011 Ford Focus TDCi. Does the brakes on this car have to be bled by a diagnostic tool, or is it ok to just use a brake bleeder vacuum pump?

Thanks,
Radioactivex
RadioactiveX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2023, 09:19 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: Bleeding brakes to replace fluid

Hi. sucking the brake fluid out is always risky as all the seals in a brake system are designed to hold pressure in. Unless you get air in the system you wont need a diagnostic tool to bleed the brakes. Just do it the old fashioned way and pump out most of the fluid from the master cyl, top it up and repeat a few times for each wheel. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2023, 11:35 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Bleeding brakes to replace fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveX View Post
Hello,

My car is a 2011 Ford Focus TDCi. Does the brakes on this car have to be bled by a diagnostic tool, or is it ok to just use a brake bleeder vacuum pump?

Thanks,
Radioactivex

use a say 'horse' syringe [large type] to empty the master cylinder 1st & then top it up with fresh [which is what i did with my BA. got syringe from a place called "pet stock"], then follow what is mentioned below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
Hi. sucking the brake fluid out is always risky as all the seals in a brake system are designed to hold pressure in. Unless you get air in the system you wont need a diagnostic tool to bleed the brakes. Just do it the old fashioned way and pump out most of the fluid from the master cyl, top it up and repeat a few times for each wheel. Cheers MD
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: