Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Default To fellow e series owners.

Hey guys and girls, Some of you may know about my EB 2 'S' pack. Many mods have been completed, But as the car has been off the road for 1 year as of today, i have run my race with it. Problems with the rebuilding/modding have sometimes taken me to really low depths, with only a few things working for me.
(Here is a pic for those that dont know it.)

So i have chosen to update, the new car is a ba mark 2, And therefore i need space. I will be stripping the car asap, and parts will be avaliable. I will update soon with prices etc.

I must say thanks to all who have ever helped, given advice, taken my advice yada yada yada.....
I will miss taking the eb out again, but i just cant keep throwing money at it. Such a shame, But thanks again to e series/ozecruisers members.

Cheers
Scott

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

On a side note, In my near 3 years of being around the traps here, i have made some very close friends, which is the best part of this whole club idea. But its not just a club, but for me it has been like an extended family for some members. I just hope the rest of the members here can experience the same feeling as me, by getting involved as much as they can in the ozecruisers forum.

cheers
scott

Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Congrats on the BA mate. I feel your pain with the EB and im shattered that it didn't work out for you. The car is in immaculate condition exterior wise and it will be sad to see it go :(
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

lol too much work and you chucked it in, i knew you were mental when i saw your car gutted...............lol

At the very least your still in a Ford :eclipsee_

Now you will have to get Wade to step up and do B-Series Cams

Where is the pic of your new car

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

I pick the new machine up tomorrow, after work. Its a stock 2005 mark 2 futura, but it shouldn't ramain that way too long hehe.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Scott has put alot of work into the EB but the problem was that he would fix one thing then something else will fail. Bit of a 1 step forward 2 steps back formation. It has been off the road for 1 year (TODAY) and despite the work he has done it still has a bit to go and he can't afford to catch trains/ buses for another year
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
On a side note, In my near 3 years of being around the traps here, i have made some very close friends, which is the best part of this whole club idea. But its not just a club, but for me it has been like an extended family for some members. I just hope the rest of the members here can experience the same feeling as me, by getting involved as much as they can in the ozecruisers forum.

cheers
scott
What friends :P

Sorry had to say it. Shame the EB project turned into such a disaster but the BA should be great.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know the feeling, seems every time i do something, another part dies, i got a short circuit somewhere which is blowing a 10 amp fuse and killing my windows and stereo...

sorry to hear the project got to much. good luck with the BA.
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

What problems did you encounter mate? Anything wrong with the AU motor?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

well that is sorta sad but sorta good to hear. mate u might miss the eb but the BA will be SOOOO much easier i.e. things (hopefully) wont break 1 bit after another.

one of our young apprentices may be interested in some of your parts, ill let him know. do u have a build thread?

cheers
craigo

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #11
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

braden- The problems were badly leaking power steering line, cracked pedal box, and i still had to pay $800 to get it re registered.

craigos....- I had a build thread going, but i rarely updated it.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

All this after it was regularly cutting out, the seats are a disaster zone (Sorry Scott but they are :P), the fun you had with the locks, and the fact you did about 35kms with the new clutch before the pedal box went.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post