Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #931
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
I wasn't defending Trump.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy and selective morals the media and most of the west have when it comes to who they want to direct some faux outrage against.
As mentioned, the contempt China has for fellow humans and animals is well documented yet we don't hear anything. Are the press too scared to touch on it... Scared they'll be called racist? Instead they're too busy quoting half a statement taken out of context said by Trump or something equally brainwashing and irrelevant.
Ah OK. Fully agree that China is terrible for sanitation, TCM and the governments behavior.
People don't avoid criticising them for fear of being called racist, the media and the politicians don't do it because of $$$$$$$$$$. Everybody wants their cheap labour, cheap stuff, investments and money.
Old 30-03-2020, 10:35 PM   #932
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Wk0GjPopq1spiP

Herald Sun subscriber article - women of dubious virtue on the COVID-19 poo list for flouting the recommendations
Old 30-03-2020, 10:45 PM   #933
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I understand phrases like “isolate together” were trending over a week ago on dating apps.

Traffic this afternoon in Western Sydney suggests people are done playing cubbyhouses. It wasn’t much different to pre-pandemic levels.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #934
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...wQ&app=desktop

Many more videos out there of their meat markets. Also videos that have managed to get out of China of their authorities welding shut doors of apartment blocks to force people into isolation, gestapo like forced removal of civilians who are herded into vans & buses, off to christ know where and what fate they'll meet, beating of civilians on streets and inside apartment blocks for breaching their isolation rules.
But hey, mainstream media will pick on Trump for pronouncing a word wrong.
No thanks.

I have Rescued Greyhounds.

I'd have more if could afford it but as a single Dad (don't see daughter, pay maintenance as my daughter deserves it) and you are right.

Trump is an idiot but nothing compared to these borderline cannibals in China and similar. They can **** right off and we should as society call these f...w...s out. Enough.

Certain photos I've seen will keep me up of a night - dogs in cages with tails waging like going somewhere happy - as I love and rescue animals where ever possible.

It's not good enough.

Last edited by MercuryT; 30-03-2020 at 11:16 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 11:35 PM   #935
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
The pictures of live dogs stuck in cages ready to go to "wet market" are just unbelievably shocking/distressing.

Obviously I was naive to it as never been there.

But these *wits have a screw loose thinking that butchering, cruely treating and then eating animals like this is ok.

I'm upset. And disgusted in humanity. They can get ******.
Not only in China either,Plenty of the same sort of "wet markets" in Vietnam Too. (or at least there was a few years ago)..
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #936
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I understand phrases like “isolate together” were trending over a week ago on dating apps.

Traffic this afternoon in Western Sydney suggests people are done playing cubbyhouses. It wasn’t much different to pre-pandemic levels.
Saw a similar attitude in the local supermarket. A couple of late 20’s South Americans just basically pushed in front while I was choosing something off a shelf. I politely reminded them of the regulations regarding separation. I’m sure they understood my subtle message but I doubt a single stuff was given, little princess had her nose up stuck up higher than a miniature poodle sniffing a Great Danes butt.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 11:43 PM   #937
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Wk0GjPopq1spiP

Herald Sun subscriber article - women of dubious virtue on the COVID-19 poo list for flouting the recommendations
Hope your feeling OK? Just sayin!
Old 31-03-2020, 12:07 AM   #938
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Not only in China either,Plenty of the same sort of "wet markets" in Vietnam Too. (or at least there was a few years ago)..
Sadly, they're also in Indonesia and Thailand.
Old 31-03-2020, 02:33 AM   #939
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is a very unfair and outdated generalization.
How many public sector workers have lost their 'jobs'? The government needs to tackle this elephant in the room. We haven't heard a peep from the PSU about this pandemic, hoping no-one will notice perhaps.

The new $750 per week initiative should be mandated on all PSU's for 6 months.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #940
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Rumblings (opinion shopping?) about closing places like Bunnies and Kmart.

That could have interesting ramifications.
Old 31-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #941
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Rumblings (opinion shopping?) about closing places like Bunnies and Kmart.

That could have interesting ramifications.
All i can say is plan some jobs at home, ours have been shut for nearly a week with supposably three to go, have so many friends who can't do jack because they didn't pick up some basics like paint timber or nails ect..
Old 31-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #942
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Bunnies Oz presently have trade only hours until 0900. Anyone with a current trades licence and supporting ID is fine for entry - you don’t have to be an account holder.
Old 31-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #943
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
Hope your feeling OK? Just sayin!
Anyone that way inclined completely stopped when they got wind of it and were discussing coronavirus in late January

They shouldn't be even considering working but unfortunately it's not law, it's 'guidelines' and they're behaving as such.

Keep in mind it's mostly Chinese visa scams sending tax free money back home with these unlicensed 'massage parlours' that have sprung up everywhere.

Come over, claim that refugee visa, they're granted the processing time here until they prove its a false claim which takes years then work illegally and send all the cash back home.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 31-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #944
superyob
Banned

The state giveth and the state taketh away. Over a hundred million dead. What was the connection again?

Oh that's right...
Old 31-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #945
.:4:.
Kicking back

After hearing my mums thoughts on the current limitations and how most her friends are over 70 so are now house bound. My mum is under 70 so can still take herself for walks and such, but nothing social. I decided to call my ex wifes mum to just see how my kid is copping with the remote learning and not being able to see his mates etc. My kids fine, hes of the generation who consider google a friend. My ex mother in law is sort of blowing up that she is fine but as shes in early 70s cant leave the house. I actually spoke to her for a while about this and that. We still get along fine, but i kind of got the impression that the phone ringing was ine of the most exciting things to happen that day. So you kind of have to look after your old ones so they stay sane i guess. So i called my mum and asked if she could go over to visit my ex mother in law and kid for a cuppa or something, they are still friends, but maybe take something to change things up a bit. That actually got my mum excited as now she had something to do, she had a heap of lemons, so she has baked a lemon tart.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #946
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The rules of engagement for retail seem to change by the day.

On the weekend, Woolies packed your bags at the manned terminals. Now you pack your own. Front of store has Subcontinentals telling you off for taking a basket from the wrong pile.

Bunnings have opened up the store entries, removing barriers/rails. A (effectively almost useless) security guard is inside the store near the large opening.

The Aldi I visited had an Islander out front, about time as the local houso kids have milked the place for years.

Everywhere was quite busy, this is west of Epping Rd. The other side of it seems to be more aligned with the official requests to stay home etc.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #947
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anyone that way inclined completely stopped when they got wind of it and were discussing coronavirus in late January

They shouldn't be even considering working but unfortunately it's not law, it's 'guidelines' and they're behaving as such.

Keep in mind it's mostly Chinese visa scams sending tax free money back home with these unlicensed 'massage parlours' that have sprung up everywhere.

Come over, claim that refugee visa, they're granted the processing time here until they prove its a false claim which takes years then work illegally and send all the cash back home.
Prob not a bad area for focusing on mandatory testing I’d reckon.... I mean Covid testing!
Old 31-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #948
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The old man spoke to Nonna last night whose 89 - she says that everyone should be allowed to do what they need to do.

Then when told it was specifically to protect people like her, she replied 'Well, I have to die someday'

She's a fierce 4'8" Italian woman who went through WWII as a child/teen, when she's not threatening to kill people who annoy her in broken English she has a full time gig talking about how her foot hurts, her veggie garden, things that happened 50 years ago and acting tough as nails
Old 31-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #949
MustangStevo63

Quote:
No thanks.

I have Rescued Greyhounds.

I'd have more if could afford it but as a single Dad (don't see daughter, pay maintenance as my daughter deserves it) and you are right.

Trump is an idiot but nothing compared to these borderline cannibals in China and similar. They can **** right off and we should as society call these f...w...s out. Enough.

Certain photos I've seen will keep me up of a night - dogs in cages with tails waging like going somewhere happy - as I love and rescue animals where ever possible.

It's not good enough.
deleting original comment

Last edited by MustangStevo63; 31-03-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old 31-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #950
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
After hearing my mums thoughts on the current limitations and how most her friends are over 70 so are now house bound. My mum is under 70 so can still take herself for walks and such, but nothing social. I decided to call my ex wifes mum to just see how my kid is copping with the remote learning and not being able to see his mates etc. My kids fine, hes of the generation who consider google a friend. My ex mother in law is sort of blowing up that she is fine but as shes in early 70s cant leave the house. I actually spoke to her for a while about this and that. We still get along fine, but i kind of got the impression that the phone ringing was ine of the most exciting things to happen that day. So you kind of have to look after your old ones so they stay sane i guess. So i called my mum and asked if she could go over to visit my ex mother in law and kid for a cuppa or something, they are still friends, but maybe take something to change things up a bit. That actually got my mum excited as now she had something to do, she had a heap of lemons, so she has baked a lemon tart.
What's the address?

4 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #951
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
How many public sector workers have lost their 'jobs'? The government needs to tackle this elephant in the room. We haven't heard a peep from the PSU about this pandemic, hoping no-one will notice perhaps.

The new $750 per week initiative should be mandated on all PSU's for 6 months.
I'm not saying your proposal is necessarily wrong in terms of PS workers.

It was the completely offensive and unnecessarily nasty comment about PS workers and their output that I was referring to.
Old 31-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #952
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
What's the address?

For lemons, or lemon tart? My mum never puts sugar in anything so they both taste the same....
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 02:45 PM   #953
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I never expected to agree with the incumbent American President on anything much, but his (ascribed, paraphrased) comments that “we can’t let the cure be worse than the illness” now seem like fair cop. I further, absolutely expect the Draconian new rules for containment in NSW to be breached with impunity by the wealthy and priveleged.
Old 31-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #954
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I'm a member of several forums, and no, not the one mentioned above. This would have to be one of the very few forums that have allowed this topic to be discussed as openly as it has
Why not?

Tranvestite forums are good value.
Old 31-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #955
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Old 31-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #956
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
What's the address?

Looks like you missed the crêpes, too.

Konfetka’s daughter sent through a cheeky selfie after taking 90% of them home yesterday.
Old 31-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #957
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
The old man spoke to Nonna last night whose 89 - she says that everyone should be allowed to do what they need to do.

Then when told it was specifically to protect people like her, she replied 'Well, I have to die someday'

She's a fierce 4'8" Italian woman who went through WWII as a child/teen, when she's not threatening to kill people who annoy her in broken English she has a full time gig talking about how her foot hurts, her veggie garden, things that happened 50 years ago and acting tough as nails

That whole generation.

I remember in the 80's the fire department coming out to thank my grandmother for clearing the bush back from her back fence. All 4'10" of her had laid waste to about 400sqm of trees undergrowth etc. Just for something to do. Her twin sister nearly got gaoled in her late 80's for taking out some AH social workers who came in her house and wouldn't leave when she told them to. Assault with a deadly weapon...

Tough as nails, can't kill 'em with a sharp axe. Well stuff killed them eventually...
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #958
Sioso
irregular member

Just in case anyone thought using magnets could be helpful, think again:
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...navirus-device
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #959
MercuryT
Banned

Just saw a guy not wash his hands (Woolies doesn't require it at my store) then touched pretty every piece of fruit in the Market to examine before deciding on a few items for his basket.

Deadset these safety/risk measures mean nothing so long as this stupidity continues.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #960
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

https://www.smh.com.au/national/one-...25-p54ds6.html
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread