Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #31
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
yep, holden have a habit of building cars that don't sell and then canning them a year later. it doesn't seem to sink in to many on AFF though. apparently ford should copy every decision holden make. apparently if one manufacturer can build something then there is no reason the other can't.

show of hands who will stump up 50k for a wagon, let alone 70k.

where's brazen?? isn't this his baby?

Its more my illegitimate love-child than my baby.

No-one is forcing Holden to sell these at $73k, if they do, so be it. Like no-one is forcing Ford to sell XR6s for $29990 (...oh wait, they are being forced).

Lets just be happy we build stuff in this country, I would rather see an Aussie designed and built vehicle bought than some imported thing you can find anywhere else in the world.

At 40 grand the Sportwagon is pretty compelling, at 73 grand? give me a Territory Titanium Diesel anyday.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #32
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Anyone who pays the retail price on that car is the biggest wood duck in Australia.

Reality is, they will more than likely sell for less than 60k.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #33
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

high end execs and salesmen that need the 'wagon' do not have anything else in the market unless you go SUV..

I think if people buy them for that coin , the margin for Holden would have to be huge

A few sales would make it a break even proposition, like i said... with a parts bin and no $$$ on R7D they are only a cash cow for a niche market

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #34
Ozza
Starter Motor

I paid less than 2/3 of that price for a runout series 1... it doesn't have forged wheels or brembo brakes or redline badges, but I'm ok with that.
Ozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #35
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i cant see why ford wont dont the same thing that linz and a few other people around here have been doing for ages make an xr6/t/8 wagon.
how much could it cost
i mean id probley buy a sporty version for an xr wagon

and just for the record i like the holden sports wagon in that bright green colour they come in looks pretty cool for a holden

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post